PDA

View Full Version : League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

mutterings
07-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Just wondering who has seen this film.Its out in usa but not in uk for another month!!! :( How do you rate it?

Riddler
07-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Haven't seen it, mutterings..........but our local paper's movie critic ( and a pile of others ) said it was a waste of time. Here's a quote from our man at the movies: " The movie-makers are hoping we'll come to affectionately refer to this one by it's acronym....LXG, which sounds like the name of a sleeping pill or a laxative. Come to think of it, nodding off on the toilet might have been a more viable entertainment option. " :huh:
Normally I don't put a lot of weight to what movie critics have to say.....they see so many films each week, I think their judgement gets a bit clouded. But, this guy has a knack for separating the chicken salad from the chicken shit most of the time so I tend to give him a little more of my attention. B)

edit; typo

-=Hellfire=-
07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
A league of gentlemen movie? That would be strange and scary. Has the TV series reached America yet?

that1dude
07-11-2003, 03:52 PM
the movie just started today in america but im not rushing to see it. there seems like alot of room for disappointment in that one. T.v. series? :blink: :blink: :blink:

mutterings
07-11-2003, 05:22 PM
A league of gentlemen movie? That would be strange and scary. Has the TV series reached America yet?
:lol: :lol: :lol: No its not league of gentlemen it league of extraordinary gentlemen ;)

Riddler thanks for the post.bit dissapointed but what the ***k only been a few comic to film movies that have worked anyway :(

edim
07-13-2003, 11:22 PM
I notice it's listed at vcdquality now under the title "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - TELESYNC - sWs" ... im interested enough to download it :D

mutterings
07-14-2003, 12:20 AM
Yeah just had a look at vcdquality and the quality isnt so great so i may wait and see if centropy do a copy ;) ..if you do dl it let us know what you think :)

edim
07-14-2003, 01:31 AM
getting it via bytemonsoon now :D

Damnatory
07-14-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by mutterings@14 July 2003 - 01:20
Yeah just had a look at vcdquality and the quality isnt so great
Agreed, a movie like that is bound to suck if it has shitty quality...

Jibbler
07-14-2003, 04:35 AM
I haven't seen the rip, but I saw the movie in the theater, and it was very good, much better than the Hulk, similar to Xmen2. Worth the $8. ;)

wienerschnitzel
07-14-2003, 06:42 AM
I thought it wasn't that bad. Maybe thats because my expetation were so low. Nah some parts weren't that bad.

It would be so much better if there were so many holes. Clothes that some how look brand new after getting shot a few time and so many more I can think of right now. Oh well. Maybe its not worth 8 bucks but it is worth the matinee or a rental later

Dapadipz
07-14-2003, 12:13 PM

lol thats i first thought. what kind of movie s this like

action drama thriller etc?

olibomb
07-14-2003, 05:28 PM
It's an action movie, it's based on a comic book. I think this film looks gd and although it's got bad reviews i'm sure i'll like it

xevanescencex
07-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@14 July 2003 - 04:35
I haven't seen the rip, but I saw the movie in the theater, and it was very good, much better than the Hulk, similar to Xmen2. Worth the $8. ;)
i agree :D

edim
07-14-2003, 06:14 PM
well i just finished downloading the rip and although the quality doesn't seem that bad, im not able to brighten it up in media player.. which sucks cause my monitor is pretty dark :( I may wait for a better copy before watching it.

mutterings
07-14-2003, 08:26 PM
No probs edim..good effort.the amount of films i have dl and quality has been poor is almost the same as the movies that people have renamed :lol: Thank god for vcdquality ;)

Jibbler
07-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I was very impressed with this movie. The critics aren't giving it a fair review in my opinion. Its very similar to Xmen 2 and it kept me occupied for two hours. Isn't that worth seeing? ;)

shadow--hunter
07-14-2003, 09:38 PM
is any1 sharing this on kazaa???

mutterings
07-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@14 July 2003 - 20:34
I was very impressed with this movie. The critics aren't giving it a fair review in my opinion. Its very similar to Xmen 2 and it kept me occupied for two hours. Isn't that worth seeing? ;)
Jibbler glad to hear at least someone enjoyed it :blink: I am gonna give it fair chance there have been many films slated by critics but at the end of the day wtf do they know?We had a critic called barry norman here in the uk and every film he slated i watched and found superb..And he used to slate very good films(cant name any cos it was yrs ago :)...One mans shit is another mans gold is what i always say :huh: