PDA

View Full Version : FTN for 4 year FST member

man2069us
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi guys,

I have been a member here for 4 years (thats more than even most mods) and not once did I ask for a high-level tracker such as FTN for free. Whatever trackers I got were by being a good member of the community, making friends and in some cases offering some good trades.

Now I have managed to get all the trackers I want except the ultimate one - FTN. I did get it as a gift from someone here a long long time back and then I did not know that it is such a great tracker with such a great community (i came to know only a few days back when i returned to these forums) and now I dont even remember my userid/pass. Guess it must have expired. :(

So I am making a sincere request here that someone please send me an FTN invite so that I can finally make it to the best tracker and the greatest community. I am from India and only have a 512K connection but I have always maintained greater than 1 ratio in all my trackers and always continue seeding for weeks or as long as possible.

I know there are a lot of such request threads here but I doubt any of them is from such an old member of FST. Also I used to make a lot of giveaways in the old times when we had the +1 thread instead of the repping system. So I hope someone here considers this whole situation and I get a PM with the great news. :)

Edit: Some ppl here mentioned that I wasn't active for all the time I've been a member, some even going so far as to say that I am being manipulative etc. Please note that nowhere above did I mention that I have been an active member or that I deserve an invite for that reason. I was just trying to provide a USP coz not many ppl notice the Join Date of a user. Ofcourse ppl can see my history and see my no. of posts, so there was no intent to misrepresent facts. If people still think that I did something wrong by mentioning what I saw as my only USP here, I apologize and take back my request.

spark
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
4 years and you still do not know where to post your request?

nikmash232
10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
4 years and 241 posts that sucks!..it looks like u were just holding a spot here...

blackbird
4 years in fst and you still havent made any good friends ?? :(

Skiz
/Moved

Something Else
10-11-2007, 04:23 PM

That's 3 yrs :blink:

Skiz
10-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Your first post was less than a year ago, tho'. :huh:

3 years, 10 months, mostly. Close to four.

Xtremist
10-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Prepare to get thrashed :(

man2069us
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
4 years and you still do not know where to post your request?

Okay ... my bad ... had way too many tabs open on the browser ... didnt realize I was posting in the wrong section

4 years and 241 posts that sucks!..it looks like u were just holding a spot here...

Ofcourse I wasn't active throughout ... initially i just used to surf coz i was a newbie ... then i went inactive during my graduation .. even later I never posted anywhere just to increase my post count .. also i never claimed i am the most active member .. just quite an old one ... also now i am once again in a jobless sort of phase and can afford to be active for quite some time

nikmash232
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Okay ... my bad ... had way too many tabs open on the browser ... didnt realize I was posting in the wrong section

Ofcourse I wasn't active throughout ... initially i just used to surf coz i was a newbie ... then i went inactive during my graduation .. even later I never posted anywhere just to increase my post count .. also i never claimed i am the most active member .. just quite an old one ... also now i am once again in a jobless sort of phase and can afford to be active for quite some time

if you aren't active why should we give u an invite?...that doesnt make sense....dont even try...get some friends....u status of having an old account means nothing...so dont even try...

lingo
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Everyone needs a second chance, but I think you are trying to get invited by manipulating... :P

PS: Didn't mean to spam, but wanted to share my point of view. Good luck... I guess...

man2069us
10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
if you aren't active why should we give u an invite?...that doesnt make sense....dont even try...get some friends....u status of having an old account means nothing...so dont even try...

I dont know why everyone's behind my back just coz I mentioned that I have been here for 4 years. Everyone mentions some USP about himself while convincing ppl for an invite. Even if I havent been active for all the 4 years I have been active intermittently for a year. Thats a lot more than a lot of ppl (which i never mentioned makes me a better member)

I just made a request thread like everyone else and did not say anything that would offend anyone. I dont know why do u have to be so aggressive about it. Also I did have some friends a few months back when I was a lot more active. They do not logon anymore it seems. Also like I mentioned I atleast made some giveaways when I had the chance which is more than a lot of ppl asking for invites do. If someone thinks that I am worthy of an invite he'll give me one otherwise not. But nikmash, I just don't understand why're you so being so passionate about this when I did not cause any trouble?

r77
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
what happen to ur previuos invite? http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ftn-invite-registration-144151

spark
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
what happen to ur previuos invite? http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ftn-invite-registration-144151

:blink:

man2069us
10-11-2007, 05:32 PM

I already mentioned this in the request post. I dont remember the username/pass of that one. Anyway if u wanna know the reason it was coz I registered it using a different username/email than my usual one which i use for other trackers for added security. Then I was inactive from the p2p scene coz I had a job. Now when I am returning on the p2p scene after a long time, I have forgotten all my different usename/passwords except my most common one coz I formatted the comp in the meantime and all the user/pas stored in the browser are gone. So i basically managed to lose only the ones that were worth keeping coz I tried being too smart and registered the premium ones under different usernames.

undercover1
10-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Have you tried to recover it, or u don't remember for the e-mail too?

ohmboys
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
u just had ftn in your hand , how can u forget user pass to ftn

tiolewis
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
If i had FTN i would make me a tatoo in my chest with the username and password

Allexandar
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
If i had FTN i would make me a tatoo in my chest with the username and password

Me too :D

Sench
10-11-2007, 06:14 PM
damn i dont think anyone will give u one more chance cuz noone knows if there wont be any lacks of responsibility like that by you in the future...no offence mate

misledhope
10-11-2007, 06:14 PM
get an ftn tat and post pics. maybe brandon will take notice

man2069us
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
damn i dont think anyone will give u one more chance cuz noone knows if there wont be any lacks of responsibility like that by you in the future...no offence mate
Hey .. I just forgot the user/pass coz it was not my usual one. I know it wasn't very responsible but when u have it stored in ur browser and are using it everyday u just sort of dont think that u might not remember it later on and shud make a permanent record of it. Also its not like I was a leecher/cheater or broke any rules. It was a simple honest mistake. Happens to the best of us. I dont think its such a big deal that it disqualifies me from being a good member there.

Tokeman
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
get an ftn tat and post pics. maybe brandon will take notice

Yea, I vote you go the tatoo route too! Brandon loves it when people make idiots of themselves for invites :rolleyes:

Kirstein
10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Brandon doesn't give out invites anymore since he is no longer staff.

phantom
10-11-2007, 06:51 PM

no longer staff????? :blink:
WTF is going on there???:ph34r:

Something Else
10-11-2007, 06:51 PM

3 years, 10 months, mostly. Close to four.

That's some great adding up there skee :hooray:

_coder_
10-11-2007, 09:03 PM
btw it doesnt matter if you have been a member at FST for 4 years or 10 that does not increase your chances of getting a tracker. I no people who have only been here for less then two months & have have got free invites for high level trackers. You just need to make friends and show people that you are trustworthy.

Out of the 4 years you have been here you have hardly been active ergo its hard for people to trust you have give you a rare invite.

If you really forgot your user/pass from your previous account you can go to their IRC chan maybe they can help you but then again im guessing you proberly dont even remember your email or username.

Mister Moo
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM

hes still staff, he just not on the staff page

weenden
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
welcome you must post every leap year maybe i wish you well in your quest

LaPistola
10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Been a long time since I traded here.

Its nice to see how well the forum has progressed in the last few months. There was no proper tracker ratings thread like the excellent one stop solution now. For repping each other on a fair trade we had to post +1 on a thread which was manually updated. And there was no Middleman crew.

Anyway I have this FTN account which I do not use that much anymore. I'd like to trade this for the following ONLY: ScT, RevTT and Oink (all three of them)

Also what is the standard procedure for such a trade these days. Do we go through the middleman thread?

EDIT: I seem to be getting dozens of PMs asking for trade. Please do not message me if you cannot provide all 3 or atleast ScT and another one of my requirements. I'd rather keep my FTN than trade it for something I dont need.

Found Here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-fair-trade-ftn-235671)

Topic posted "10-02-07, 10:44 AM" thats only 9 days ago.

What happened to this account? My guess is he got disabled for trying to trade it and now he wants a new account.

Tokeman
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Ouch, busted!
Why would you want to trade FTN away anyway?!?

Elitist
10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
:lol: nice, lapistola.. He's a dumbass. You can be a smartass if you do stupid things and don't get caught, but if you get caught it makes you a dumbass.

aysomc
10-12-2007, 12:23 AM
rofl lapistola just owned your balls off. are you gonna have another excuse for this or do you think members that are almost 4 years old can just do whatever they want and they're gods? close the thread and go back into hiding now, thx for the laugh.

ekk3123
10-12-2007, 12:33 AM
dude, I don't think this is a trade someone want's to do. everyone here got fst account and what's the point in a 4years old account when you have traded it? it's not like you get alot of new friends, alot of posts/rep points..

Something Else
10-12-2007, 12:36 AM
:glag: ^ eedjit, you are mistaken...

nikmash232
10-12-2007, 12:51 AM
dude, I don't think this is a trade someone want's to do. everyone here got fst account and what's the point in a 4years old account when you have traded it? it's not like you get alot of new friends, alot of posts/rep points..

nicely said :whistling

LaPistola
10-12-2007, 01:31 AM
http://www.sitevip.net/gifs/donkey/2258_animado.gif

jrzy
10-12-2007, 03:10 AM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/13fb076c37.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Presto
10-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Unbelievable character. http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/13fb076c37.gif x2

man2069us
10-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Okay ... Believe it or not there's a very reasonable explanation for even that ... like i told u ppl i had registered with ftn a long time back and then stopped being on the p2p scene altogether ... when i came back to these forums and saw that everyone's desperate for ftn i thot i'd trade it away coz i dont use it anyway ... however after making the thread when i tried to sign in to my ftn account it did not accept my user/pass ... so i basically came back and closed the thread (wud be too embarrassing to state that i dont even have the account i was trying to trade) ... also i hung out a lil more in the forums and realized from a lot of posts how great a tracker as well as community ftn is ... so i basically wanted to get an ftn account for myself now ... and c'mon guys .. its not like none of us has ever traded before ... obviously the wrong thing wud be to trade ur account and then ask for another invite or to ask an invite for trading ... i am not doing either

I know by this time this whole thread seems full of ass-over backwards excuses and manipulation and stupidity ... but if someone out there cared to read my explanation for the accusations they'd realise none of them seem too far-fetched and all of them arise from the one common point that i am sometimes very active and then for a much longer time inactive

By now it is obvious that i will not get any invites and common sense says that i shud probably close the thread ... but since i know i wasn't wrong (okay maybe a li'l stupid in losing my user/pass and making a request on the basis of my 4 year ols account) i am not going to do so ... maybe more ppl here want to take it out as long as they can get with the mob and lynch me ... thats fine with me ... but i hope atleast someone can look at the whole thing and see there's a logical explanation .. not just excuses

Wats funny is i've seen similar stuff happening to a lot of newbies who are leechers/cheaters/bad traders etc .. didn't think that it'd ever happen to me but guess if its not bad intentions it is a combination of stupidity and bad luck in my case

jrzy
10-12-2007, 04:05 AM
I think that if you would've disclosed that from the get go all this wouldn't have come about....

PS... I"m just joking with you.

DKre8ive1
10-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Whats the user name you had used before on FTN so I can maybe check to see if your account is still active and then you can just use the password recovery option to get a new one.

P.S. I am not on staff so I could only check by looking at the user list.

man2069us
10-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Whats the user name you had used before on FTN so I can maybe check to see if your account is still active and then you can just use the password recovery option to get a new one.

Thanks ... thats the first non-confrontational message on this thread it seems ... anyway ... its not my pass that is the problem .. its mainly the username/email ... i'd used new ones for added security and anonymity ... they were stored in the browser at the time and in my brain as well :D ... now missing from both.

game1283
10-12-2007, 04:58 AM

Thanks ... thats the first non-confrontational message on this thread it seems ... anyway ... its not my pass that is the problem .. its mainly the username/email ... i'd used new ones for added security and anonymity ... they were stored in the browser at the time and in my brain as well :D ... now missing from both.

who invited you? maybe he can help you..

just my idea to help:)

BawA
10-12-2007, 05:03 AM
NVM
wrong thread

Zeus
10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
You have to expect people to be confrontational if you come here asking for someone to give you an invite to a site you tried to trade away one week ago.

Even if what you say is true, if you were to get an invite what's to say you wouldn't decide the site is over-hyped and just go and trade the account on?

I've been fortunate to be a member there since nearly the beginning and can say that the site has always been awesome. If you were a member there before and didn't like the site then, then why should you like it now? I can't help but think that the only reason you want to get back in is because you've seen how sought after it is, not because you really want to use it.

zema
10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
4 years old and still virgin! It stinks.

zema
10-12-2007, 08:46 AM

shijo
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
:D
its not my pass that is the problem .. its mainly the username/email ... i'd used new ones for added security and anonymity ... they were stored in the browser at the time and in my brain as well ... now missing from both.

you are really in need for AI roboform or similar app
also some rest
after hammered like this

man2069us
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
you are really in need for AI roboform or similar app
also some rest
after hammered like this

Yeah ,,, I use Keepass now ... really great for storing user/pass etc
As for the rest ... nah, i didnt mind the hammering that much ... kinda had it coming if you see the way things turned and i hopefully explained it in the best possible manner ... i can just hope ppl still dont suspect me

_coder_
10-12-2007, 08:11 PM
haha...

pwned big time...

LaPistola
10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
umm if you decided you didn't want a FTN account a week ago and tried to trade one, then why do you want it now? What tells us you won't turn around and try and trade it on a different forum?

mrnobody
10-13-2007, 01:23 AM
:lol:

bigjoe75
10-13-2007, 01:24 AM

I dont know why everyone's behind my back just coz I mentioned that I have been here for 4 years. Everyone mentions some USP about himself while convincing ppl for an invite. Even if I havent been active for all the 4 years I have been active intermittently for a year. Thats a lot more than a lot of ppl (which i never mentioned makes me a better member)

I just made a request thread like everyone else and did not say anything that would offend anyone. I dont know why do u have to be so aggressive about it. Also I did have some friends a few months back when I was a lot more active. They do not logon anymore it seems. Also like I mentioned I atleast made some giveaways when I had the chance which is more than a lot of ppl asking for invites do. If someone thinks that I am worthy of an invite he'll give me one otherwise not. But nikmash, I just don't understand why're you so being so passionate about this when I did not cause any trouble?

If I had an invite, I would hook u up bro.:D

ekk3123
10-13-2007, 01:34 AM

Mention that part.. remember it.. then fast look at the title.. "FTN for 4 year FST member" looks like a trade, but actualy it can meen both.. thats a tricky one.. :happy:

Remi
10-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Nice novel, keep up!!

Kirstein
10-13-2007, 02:18 AM

hes still staff, he just not on the staff page

Look at his signature:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/brandon-135568

man2069us
10-13-2007, 02:24 AM
Mention that part.. remember it.. then fast look at the title.. "FTN for 4 year FST member" looks like a trade, but actualy it can meen both.. thats a tricky one.. :happy:

Man :frusty: ... Just when I thought there could be no more misinterpretations of this thread, you rip me a new one. You actually mean to say that the phrase "for 4 year FST member" in the title can be taken as "in exchange for 4 year FST membership".

I don't think I can fight that kind of logic. Pwned :mellow: