PDA

View Full Version : Rts2

sokratis87
10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
What's your opinion about RTS2? do you believe that it will be a high level tracker?
personally i think that it'll become great sooner or later.

itay1
10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it will be a good tracker [8-10] but not very rare- level 4-3

blackbird
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
What's your opinion about RTS2? do you believe that it will be a high level tracker?

what i really want to see is ..rts2 becoming a "high" level tracker in terms of content and speed .. :mellow:

fOrUmAs
10-11-2007, 05:18 PM

you mean runningthescene2? if so then everything is possible,but it will be very hard.

thejosher
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Rare.. no.

Good... we'll see.

The design is sexy as hell :D

Tokeman
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
If we can match the fantastic design with great content and community, the rest does not matter.

PirateEagle
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
well abt rarety i will not judge it because i personally don`t care abt it and abt "high" level tracker in terms of content and speed and community i think that it will be in middle high level :)

Tristan
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
not rare with 2500 user limit, and registered 400 users who get 2 invites?

wildbytes
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
i would say not very high at all.

If i remember right they were leeching off other sites and or newsgroups to get all there stuff, which means slow pre times. So with that said i think it will be very poor, unless they changed this.

Plus people running that site are not well good members them self on most if not all sites they are on. AKA know traders and scammers. Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

So unless they get new staff and change there ways it will fail once again.

Wild

SgtMajor
10-11-2007, 07:14 PM
And we're off <grabs popcorn & coffee & settles into sofa for a long night>

blackbird
10-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

Wild

who ? Frozen or Mota :O

krisil
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
they have to be a bit liberal from start as far as signups are concerned , sure a few bad members can get in , but being too cautious in this regard will spell trouble as a site needs at least about 5000 active members . this will mean good , vibrant forums and traffic on the torrents . if they again try to make it too much 'exclusive ' from start then i fear there is a bumpy ride ahead . also they should think about getting in active members from RTS1 directly..... :)

Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

Wild

who ? Frozen or Mota :O

the owner of RTS1 was mota , as i was there . not sure about RTS2 though...... however i am shocked to read this......

any proof wildbytes??

wildbytes
10-11-2007, 07:25 PM
i am pretty sure it was mota that was selling invites on ebay to pay server bills and what not.

Wild

Melvinmeow
10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
i am pretty sure it was mota that was selling invites on ebay to pay server bills and what not.

Wild

It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
I could show enough proof to confirm this as not being a rumour.
However we have a rule amongst friends... (Fellow torrenters)
That we do not reveal the information to the general public.
Perhaps if the people who spotted this want it revealed they will chose to do so.

krisil
10-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Wild

It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
If your looking for specific information about this perhaps you could ask 1 of the staff from the torrent site that has rules that you have to use "Cute Cudly avatars".

(Should give you a general idea of who to ask.)
Its really up to them if they want to provide any information or not.

hmm.... i think you are certainly one to be trusted . what can be said about it.......asking for donations is fully justifiable , but selling of invites and that too by the owner......
i dont think much needs to be said about it , RTS has lost respect with this.....

SgtMajor
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM

Wild

It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
Perhaps if the people who spotted this want it revealed they will chose to do so.

k'nell :O

wildbytes
10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
well should be pointed out that it was mota i beleave, and i am not even sure he is on the new rts2.

I just see it as if they dont change there ways and learn from the first time it will fail again.

Wild

th0r
10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, v2 has different staff, so we can just forget about that whole invite selling thing.

krisil
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I just see it as if they dont change there ways and learn from the first time it will fail again.

Wild

certainly , we will soon know whether they have learnt something or not.... :)

Melvinmeow
10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
well should be pointed out that it was mota i beleave, and i am not even sure he is on the new rts2.

Wild

From what Ive been told through the grapevine...
RTS2 doesnt have most of the same staff members.
I beleive someone (one of the former staff) told me they had a new owner. As well as this former staff member who talked to me told me he was no longer going to be staff as well.

(Cannot back the above im pretty sure thats what this person said though. It was over a month ago when we talked about it.)

So either case... these facts about mota shouldnt change your views about RTS2. Since I dont think he is even staff there any longer.

(I have already been checking out some of their site and can at least tell you they learned from the past about storing passwords in plaintext. AKA THEY ARE ENCRYPTED. But they ended up switching to encrypted even on v1 after it was reported they were not encrypted.)

As far as the design.. it looks alot better than v1. But I still dont really see what the big fuss was all about when people say its the best looking site theyve ever seen.

I mean FTN for example In my opinion looks much better. But I guess thats just my opinion?

foxsta
10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
i think that it will be one of the best trackers within a year...so i wish i had an invitation :)

krisil
10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
^^^^ fair enough. we will know in due course.:yup:

microships
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
i would say not very high at all.

If i remember right they were leeching off other sites and or newsgroups to get all there stuff, which means slow pre times. So with that said i think it will be very poor, unless they changed this.

Plus people running that site are not well good members them self on most if not all sites they are on. AKA know traders and scammers. Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

So unless they get new staff and change there ways it will fail once again.

Wild

Well,RTS2 has new staff ,RTS2 has 90% new staff ,as for mota he is no longer incharge of the tracker and he stepped down yet he still have an acc on RTS2 as avip for his past contributions in V1 and that's all for him

I have currently 2 coders on the tracker and a server adminstrator and anew coder will be joining the team soon hopefully and that's mostly to make everything run smoothly and effectively

The Tracker went down to fix any problems which happened in V1 and making alot of improvements and i believe the warm welcome that we had from our previous invited members and our irc channel which is active most of the day shows that how nice the community is

We tend also to make members participate in important trackers decisions and that's was shown in our first poll we had on the tracker

in RTS2 ,371 members of the old base which was around 3500 were invited back and those who were considered active in the V1 so in V2 we are looking for a solid nice active community rather than having alot of inactive members

inactive accs will be pruned automatically after sometime and there will be no freeleech except for packs and in some certain occasions yet we are having all 5 days old torrents to be freeleech abd 2x upload to encourage members to seed and help those who seed for longer times to get agood ratio ,we also have more things to offer to our members all in time though

Unfortunately Pretime isn't working yet on RTS2 and it should be working on pretty soon yet our pretimes on our first date on almost all tvshows uploaded were faster than alot of trackers and that should be noticed once our pretimes are working again

Finally if you don't like the tracker or the current staff incharge simply don't join

Melvinmeow
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
See you confirmed what I said about mota. ;)

weenden
10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
what rts are we talkin bout...dont mind the dummy can someone pm me the link thx

Melvinmeow
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
what rts are we talkin bout...dont mind the dummy can someone pm me the link thx

What good would a link do you?
You need a invite to get in anyways.

RunningThe.....

weenden
10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
since i was a donner and a member already you think that would mean something ....i guess im just thinking again

yoyogi4
10-12-2007, 01:21 AM
they only allow rts members to use irc now. that sucks it was fun while it lasted.

raj3186
10-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Well, i think RTS will definately be a good tracker (somewhere from level 7-10 ) but it will definately take time and requires a lot of contribution not only from the staff side, but also from the members (uploaders especially)
:)

Mister Moo
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM

Wild

I beleive someone (one of the former staff) told me they had a new owner. As well as this former staff member who talked to me told me he was no longer going to be staff as well.

(Cannot back the above im pretty sure thats what this person said though. It was over a month ago when we talked about it.)

So either case... these facts about mota shouldnt change your views about RTS2. Since I dont think he is even staff there any longer.

(I have already been checking out some of their site and can at least tell you they learned from the past about storing passwords in plaintext. AKA THEY ARE ENCRYPTED. But they ended up switching to encrypted even on v1 after it was reported they were not encrypted.)

As far as the design.. it looks alot better than v1. But I still dont really see what the big fuss was all about when people say its the best looking site theyve ever seen.

I mean FTN for example In my opinion looks much better. But I guess thats just my opinion?

no offense but compared to your site, rts2 looks very good (in terms of layout not content)

briand5379
10-12-2007, 09:08 AM
So what should this site be valued at on a rarity basis at this stage in the game.

th0r
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
It shouldn't be valued on a rarity basis at all.

goku
10-12-2007, 10:14 AM
It shouldn't be valued on a rarity basis at all.
+1

btw the looks are very good :)

0sec
10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I like the tracker so far.
I really hope it will grow up sometimes to a high quality tracker/community and this isnt Excluded in my opinion.

Melvinmeow
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM

no offense but compared to your site, rts2 looks very good (in terms of layout not content)

No Defence but I agree... lmao

MOST of Our banners would look better if they were smaller.

But their overall site appearance does look better.

I was commenting about theirs vs FTN and other sites only.