PDA

View Full Version : Should major sites alow invites trading?

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
What do you think about it?

silhoutte
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
lol, feel not good about your account status. :lol:

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
lol, feel not good about your account status. :lol:

yep made a mistake, now paying for this :(

silhoutte
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
No worries! :) You will get your status back soon.

Can you explain which are those major sites and how are they 'major sites'?

game1283
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I think no.. it's just my idea :)

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 01:18 PM
No worries! :) You will get your status back soon.

Can you explain which are those major sites and how are they 'major sites'?

you know sites ScT, TL, FTN, etc.

silhoutte
10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
So would they be 'major sites' ever if they allow invite trading?

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I think no.. it's just my idea :)

can you explain why? then

aysomc
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
no, but i wish they were easier for us to get for those of us who dont trade. mainly cause the admins from other sites ignore everyone here, i get the feeling im never gonna have a convo with brandon :(

spark
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Only if they have OiNK script and rules...

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
So would they be 'major sites' ever if they allow invite trading?

how about a non stop expanding on verified users base, in some point it will end and what? open signups to all?

sperm
10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
no, though it would be nice if they relaxed the rules on giving invites to people you may not know...

i prefer bitmes rules...

If you have surplus invites, look for opportunities to use a few of them. Try some other member trackers where you participate. Look for good members who have been there a while (4-6 months or more) and who upload quality shares, post worthwhile comments, and have good share ratios (the higher the better). It's easy enough to spot good candidates once you start looking.

rvt
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
@SliDer5: Some problems with an infinately expanding number of users.
Unless the sysop knows how to scale outwards, it requires an ever increasing amount of processor, memory and bandwidth in one place. Server maintenance then becomes at least a part time job, one which many people think should be unpaid.
Covering the cost of the servers also becomes a challenge.

The only way any site will expand infinately is with a revenue coming in (think P2L etc) to cover the servers, and enough to cover wages for someone handling the technical side.
Anything else is an unpaid volunteer/amateur job, and should not be expected to perform like any of the massive members only sites.

As to the original question, it's a bit moot. Sites will set their own rules as they please, no discussion is likely to change it.

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 02:10 PM
no, though it would be nice if they relaxed the rules on giving invites to people you may not know...

i prefer bitmes rules...

If you have surplus invites, look for opportunities to use a few of them. Try some other member trackers where you participate. Look for good members who have been there a while (4-6 months or more) and who upload quality shares, post worthwhile comments, and have good share ratios (the higher the better). It's easy enough to spot good candidates once you start looking.

good point

@SliDer5: Some problems with an infinately expanding number of users.
Unless the sysop knows how to scale outwards, it requires an ever increasing amount of processor, memory and bandwidth in one place. Server maintenance then becomes at least a part time job, one which many people think should be unpaid.
Covering the cost of the servers also becomes a challenge.

The only way any site will expand infinately is with a revenue coming in (think P2L etc) to cover the servers, and enough to cover wages for someone handling the technical side.
Anything else is an unpaid volunteer/amateur job, and should not be expected to perform like any of the massive members only sites.

As to the original question, it's a bit moot. Sites will set their own rules as they please, no discussion is likely to change it.

you right, but the servers today pretty powerful and the costs meet themselves, for my opinion a bit of relaxation of the rules will not cause any damage.
By the the way any site in some point looses some users, so it's kinda exchange.

briand5379
10-12-2007, 02:19 PM
No matter how much you think you know someone that doesn't mean anything. You have to take a chance with invite giving or whatever you want to call it and hope they have respect for the BT world and the invite system.

thejosher
10-12-2007, 02:22 PM
It'd be nice if more sites allowed invite trading (i.e. I give invite for site x, get site y in return).. but I don't agree with account trading, etc...

Not really a big deal for me.

I help my friends out when I can and they do the same for me so it's all good.

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 02:25 PM
No matter how much you think you know someone that doesn't mean anything. You have to take a chance with invite giving or whatever you want to call it and hope they have respect for the BT world and the invite system.

agreed, but open signups more dangerous

It'd be nice if more sites allowed invite trading (i.e. I give invite for site x, get site y in return).. but I don't agree with account trading, etc...

Not really a big deal for me.

I help my friends out when I can and they do the same for me so it's all good.

don't agree with account trading too.

Grind$oFine
10-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't think I agree with allowing invite trading on the sites, although I don't think people are bad for doing it... maybe if people were less careless when they traded.. asked for stats, why they want the site, asked if they've ever been on the site before etc.

I do think some sites should be a little more relaxed about letting people give invites away. If you "ideally" only gave invites away to your friends, some people would never have a chance at getting into a site. I don't think to get into SCC, TL, TDC etc you should have to be start talking to a stranger online and make them develop trust for you in order to get an invite. I don't mind talking to people online, but I know, not everyone wants to make friends on the internet. However higher sites like FTN, where the biggest difference with the site is the community, you should have to develop some sort of reputation, where someone trusts you enough to invite you...

BombayMan
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
no not a good idea

F3n1x
10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm new but i know a thing if the rules say no its bcz they want that you invite you friends and not trade the invites.

Give them to your friends free and receive, and make friends here :)

aran2004
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
invites trading yes, account trading i do not agree

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm new but i know a thing if the rules say no its bcz they want that you invite you friends and not trade the invites.

nice override :happy:

F3n1x
10-12-2007, 04:02 PM

give and receive free from your friends its correct and not trading :)

sorry if you dont like the post.

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 04:03 PM

give and receive free from your friends its correct and not trading :)

sorry if you dont like the post.

I do like any opinion :)

limpingaret
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
invite trading should be alowed

DV8type
10-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Are you drunk.....i think invites should get stricter. The ways things are now....members of sites with lax invite restrictions are getting MP/RIAA notices, those sites are more likely to get infiltrated by companies like MediaDefender.

NO THANK YOU

PirateEagle
10-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Q:Should major sites alow invites trading?

A:a BIG NO, because trading is bad for community.....

th0r
10-12-2007, 08:02 PM
It doesn't really matter; forbidden or not, it's still going to happen.

SliDer5
10-12-2007, 08:04 PM
It doesn't really matter; forbidden or not, it's still going to happen.

nice point :happy: