PDA

View Full Version : utorrent

sleepyy
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
:ermm:Does anyone know how i can get rid of that red thing at the bottom of utorrent i was told it is ment to be green otherwise it is not good

PirateEagle
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
try to change the port :)

aysomc
10-13-2007, 01:45 PM
means you're not connectable, go to portforward.com and it will walk you through how to make yourself connectable on your specific router and it has instructions for utorrent specifically as well as many other progs.

sleepyy
10-13-2007, 01:47 PM
@sakingsny Inside the client you mean? does it have to be anything specific ?

kirktrix
10-13-2007, 02:12 PM
If you tried to forward your port and still you are unconnectable maybe the problem is in your ISP... I got this problem here in my house.. cannot complain our company pays for my connection....:(

sleepyy
10-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I have managed finaly it seems i can upload alot more now thanks for the info

kirktrix
10-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Good for you...:)
BTW: Welcome to FST.........

pro267
10-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Just as a side note, I've noticed that sometimes utorrent 1.6.1 falsely reports the client as unconnectable, while in fact there were simply no incoming connections for a while due to a low number of leechers etc.

Gonsalo
10-14-2007, 01:23 AM
same problem here, but i can't put it green, cause, the page of my router (where it's suposed to configure the ports and other things) doesn't open. I don't know why, a few months ago worked, but one day, stoped working, i've already talk to me ISP, but they don't know what happened, i've to talk to the router company or something like that =X

raj3186
10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
@pro267, agree , i have experienced same thing with 1.6.1, there is a red light below but i get my max speed without any problems!!!!!

jrzy
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Try portfoward (http://portforward.com/) , you'll be able to configure your router. The red light means that you are not connectible. You can also check go to your Windows Firewall under the Exception tab and see if utorrent is setup or you can even add a specific port if you want. Hope that info helps....

sleepyy
10-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Good for you...:)
BTW: Welcome to FST.........

@ the simpsons advatar person try upgrading the firmware of the router its just a little chance it may be a bug

akkk
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
same problem here, but i can't put it green, cause, the page of my router (where it's suposed to configure the ports and other things) doesn't open. I don't know why, a few months ago worked, but one day, stoped working, i've already talk to me ISP, but they don't know what happened, i've to talk to the router company or something like that =X
Try doing a reset on the rooter and input all the settings at new. If it still doesn't work try upgrading it's firmware :)

dweebo
10-15-2007, 12:51 AM
im not allowed to acess the router we use as its apts equipment how would i open ports im using xp firewall and often change ports in utorrent alot wifi

sleepyy
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
im not allowed to acess the router we use as its apts equipment how would i open ports im using xp firewall and often change ports in utorrent alot wifi

If you can't access the router there is not really much you can do unless you are certain that the firewall is causing the problems utorrent you just go into the preferecens tab and you will see options there to change it windows firewall is basic there's not much configureing you can do if any at all.