PDA

View Full Version : Request: Revolt Review

Kyl3KK
10-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Can anyone who has this forum/tracker/community/website please do a review on it? I want to see what its like. I've heard good things but I want to really see what it's like on the inside.

Totti
10-13-2007, 04:47 PM
someone posted a review a couple of months back on the wiaw thread i think not something to comprehensive but you can at least see the design and the forums section i think if my memory is correct through some pics that were poster

mrnobody
10-13-2007, 04:49 PM
it's a community not much of a tracker

the rule says you need 25 "sensible" post before you get access to tracker, but u don't get it unless you are authorized by mod/ admin.

to be pu ur account gotta be 4+ week and 100 forum post, then only u get to be pu and get access to "invite section"

blackbird
10-13-2007, 04:50 PM
revolt-screen-and-brief-review

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-198792

akkk
10-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes one guy posted a review and here's his screen:
http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=revoltorgukforumthespeczz6.jpg

beco
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
please

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446/page502

weenden
10-13-2007, 05:32 PM
wow looks great someday maybe i'll get an invite ..for now im just joe the looker

blackbird
10-13-2007, 05:35 PM
wow looks great someday maybe i'll get an invite ..for now im just joe the looker

i can invite a good user like you .. :happy:

revolt is an awesome forum .. i love it

weenden
10-13-2007, 05:44 PM
for real

blackbird
10-13-2007, 05:46 PM
for real

:yup:

but wait a little longer ;)

weenden
10-13-2007, 05:50 PM
thx this site is so amazing and from what ive read about revolt seems like a great place

tintin123
10-13-2007, 06:54 PM
kylekk

its basically a tracker for forum posts really

u can get all sorts of weird n wacky shit in there aswell as the usual suspects

it has around 50 torrents and they are 90% requests which are hard to get etc

its for forum chat not for torrenting!

dzsemm
10-13-2007, 07:02 PM
yes revolt is a big empty forum, have 200 member (20 activ) and have also 20 activ and 500 death topic :) but yes revolt is a veryveryvery good community and forum ;)
I have 4 picture and one bannd acc from revolt if you interested send me your mail and I sent you the picture

Kyl3KK
10-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok then, I've decided I don't want it, thanks guys!

hangemhigh
10-13-2007, 07:39 PM
you like walking on eggshells for fear of insta-ban??
than thats your place. Make a witty comment or try joking around.. Banned.
Site sucks in my opinion

Kyl3KK
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Ehh if thats true I really don't want to be a part of Revolt....

stroj
10-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Site sucks in my opinion

Ban just for your opinion? I dont think so..

briand5379
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
So out of curiousity I've seen people say invites for this site are considered rare. My question is are they actually that rare?

akkk
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
So out of curiousity I've seen people say invites for this site are considered rare. My question is are they actually that rare?
As a quantity they aren't so rare because every user has about 10 invites but no one would share them so that they keep their high level. So overall they are rare.

pro267
10-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Is it rare? Nah.. every user has tens of invites, and there is a huge amount of users. If the rarity ranking is between 1-10 then this one is like -1.

Don't bother looking for an invite. It isn't even worth a Demonoid.

ghurka
10-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Seems like there's a lot of reverse psychology going on here ;).

Revolt is a forum where decent people like to hang out, plain and simple. Those that join for ulterior motives soon discover that the staff there are a lot smarter then they are and are kindly shown the exit.

Some join and all they are interested in is getting their post count up, you know the sort of thing...."yeah"...."funny"..."great" and so on. They don't usually last long.

Don't believe everything posted here....there are many reasons why accounts get disabled.

Remi
10-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Hope i can get a chance to be part of that community in a near future, itīs a small community, with true and trusted members (so i have heard ) ...hope i can get a invite soon...:)

sear
10-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Site sucks in my opinion

You must be kidding :blink:...revolt is all about free speech, but for many here on FST you wouldn't fit in it's not for traders that's all.

As a quantity they aren't so rare because every user has about 10 invites but no one would share them so that they keep their high level. So overall they are rare.

That is true because all people on revolt care about is rarity and how high its level is. We would never give out our invites (I have 100) because then it wouldn't be as rare...you my friend are very clever :dabs:

aysomc
10-13-2007, 11:55 PM
their mods look around here and i guess invite people they think are good posters and will be the same way on their forums, just be active and maybe you'll get lucky like i did and you wont even have to ask for it. :)

weenden
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
still sounds like a place that i would like to able to go post chat and altough i am an out of work comedian i no when to be serious , and an answer to pro267 a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck

shazzar
10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I assumed it was a tracker like T.leech but with a better community. Guess i wont ask for an invite just yet then.

thelevy23
10-14-2007, 12:21 AM
revolt if a forum more then a tracker
although revolt has torrents the main purpose of this site is to be a forum and as a forum it's pretty good

shazzar
10-14-2007, 12:34 AM
revolt if a forum more then a tracker
although revolt has torrents the main purpose of this site is to be a forum and as a forum it's pretty good

Forgot to ask, so what are the rules for it. I mean how much do you need to partcipate to avoid getting removed for inactivty,I presume that would include the forums

kallieb
10-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Site sucks in my opinion

Are you still on this same page!! This is the same old thing you said in this thread...http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-request-revolt-invite-238106/page2#post2321904

Since cut/paste is a lame way to talk I won't repeat myself.

Artemis
10-14-2007, 01:31 AM
there are very few rules with Revolt, that is the beauty of the forum, it is simply a place for like minded people to meet, and is an invite only forum for that reason,the main thing is there is a 'probationary' period to find out what kind of member you will be. There are only a few simple rules to the site, but spamming is a major one and guarantees a very swift exit, so as others have said single word replies like 'yah' 'lol' etc or even not being on topic and randomly posting are not things that are wanted at the forum & active traders are removed too by the mods. It really isn't about the rarity, it is rare simply because revolt wants to remain private. But the administrators have seen some people from fst that they like and they have been invited, aysomc is one who was invited by the revolt sysop, so it isn't one sided. They simply want 'quality' members and you are far more free to speak your own opinion on revolt and be respected for it, than any other forum to which I belong, so do not believe those who were banned, it isnt the whole truth the main reasons for banning in the first days were duplicate a/c's which there were many, known traders and an insane amount of spam in the forum threads, they even have a special avatar for spamtards :)

Kyl3KK
10-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Some people are saying its wonderful some are saying it's not... lol which is it? You guys are making me really really curious.

pro267
10-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Some people are saying its wonderful
Those would be the ones which weren't banned.

some are saying it's not
Those would be the ones which were.

Now what I'm wondering is how this thread ended up in the BitTorrent Invites forum.

tintin123
10-14-2007, 07:32 AM
revolt is actually a alright place

the thing is they HAD open signups previously and everyone here created dupe accounts etc and within 2 days ALL were banned.

then people spammed the forums to gain access to the torrent section and were also banned

thats where the bad comments come from

those that are stil there like it!

rvt
10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
The best guide is to look at those who say they like it.

If you respect some of those people and feel like you could get on with them, you might like it.
You don't have to hold the same opinions, or even agree on most things, as long as you can get along.

If you'd group yourself mostly with those who are already banned, chances are you wont like it.

What we aim for at the end of the day is to have a group of friends who are comfortable sharing anything. Only one person in 2+ years has abused that trust, and they were banned for it.

embolism
10-14-2007, 02:55 PM
FST: is a close community *
FSC: is a happy close community *
FTN: is a wild happy close community
BitmeTV: community?
SCT: is a miserly community?
Revolt: is a very very close knit community

* - are the only places I am a member at
Other opinions - are just as I said - opinions :)

Kyl3KK
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks embolism.

By the way, FTN is a great community, and so is ScT, but with ScT you can't sound stupid... lol same with OiNK... otherwise they nail you. No offense to them, just there are some really educated people on OiNK/ScT and FTN is like silly and nice people.