PDA

View Full Version : antitrade groups are rediculous

xJohnxSmithx
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Although i have never traded, I dont see the point in bashing people because they trade stuff. Why should everything be free. People work hard for some of their invites. If someone puts in time/bandwidth/money into their favorite trackers and get invites. They should hold some value, shouldn't they? Could you imagine someone trying this in the real world. Nothing can be traded, you must stand around and wait for stuff so you can beg for it, or suck up to Saddam so he'll throw you a bone.

I hear people say that it's not safe to trade... its safer to trade than it is to give stuff away to people who don't even have something to offer back. At least it shows that they have some responsibility.

Trading is the backbone of our society. Thats what we do. We trade. Ever since the beginning of time. If we didn't trade imagine how far behind we'd be right now.

If you don't wanna trade then don't. There are bigger things in life that you can support. There are many great causes to join, and you want people to join your cause which makes no sense. If you direct your energy to stand up for something that matters, life will be more fulfilling.

ya, thats right. bring it!

spark
10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
What about the trackers rules?

Alien5
10-13-2007, 07:17 PM
i agree, antitrade groups are rediculous, why don't you start the anti-antitrade group :P

pro267
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Although i have never traded, I dont see the point in bashing people because they trade stuff. Why should everything be free. People work hard for some of their invites. If someone puts in time/bandwidth/money into their favorite trackers and get invites. They should hold some value, shouldn't they?

You're only seeing the side of the users, as though they are the only ones who are doing the hard work, the ones putting in the time/bandwidth/money into their favorite trackers etc.

What about the tracker staff? They're putting much more time/bandwidth/money and a hell of a lot more hard work into their trackers.
Most trackers' staff doesn't want their invites/accounts to be traded. Shouldn't their wishes count for something?

Kirstein
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I hear people say that it's not safe to trade... its safer to trade than it is to give stuff away to people who don't even have something to offer back. At least it shows that they have some responsibility.

How can you make sure that the person you traded with wont trade it again, and furthermore how can you be sure that that person will respect the tracker?
When you trade you do it for personal gain, which is so very wrong, the invites are given to you by the staff of the trackers you're a member of for free, don't they deserve your respect? Think about all the time and effort they put in to the trackers.

SiNa
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM

How can you make sure that the person you traded with wont trade it again, and furthermore how can you be sure that that person will respect the tracker?
When you trade you do it for personal gain, which is so very wrong, the invites are given to you by the staff of the trackers you're a member of for free, don't they deserve your respect? Think about all the time and effort they put in to the trackers.

lol. how can you be sure that the person your giving away your invite for free to is going to respect the tracker? oOoOo by a speedtest and ratio proof your going to find that out?

and as for the trackers wishes, i dont know what to say, since as you said they actually do put a lot of work in the site

Kirstein
10-13-2007, 08:07 PM

lol. how can you be sure that the person your giving away your invite for free to is not going to respect the tracker? oOoOo by a speedtest and ratio proof your going to find that out?

and as for the trackers wishes, i dont know what to say, since as you said they actually do put a lot of work in the site

Speedtest and ratio proof only tells you so much, it doesn't tell you if a person is going to trade away the invite after he/she receives it. If you give an invite away you should get to know the person or a least check the persons history to make sure they haven't traded. That way it'll be safer for both the tracker and you to give it away.

SiNa
10-13-2007, 08:14 PM
lol. how can you be sure that the person your giving away your invite for free to is not going to respect the tracker? oOoOo by a speedtest and ratio proof your going to find that out?

Speedtest and ratio proof only tells you so much, it doesn't tell you if a person is going to trade away the invite after he/she receives it. If you give an invite away you should get to know the person or a least check the persons history to make sure they haven't traded. That way it'll be safer for both the tracker and you to give it away.

and by that you're also going to find out if the guy is a cheater?

SgtMajor
10-13-2007, 08:14 PM
i agree, antitrade groups are rediculous, why don't you start the anti-antitrade group :P

A Redilicious Pro-Anti-antitrade group, where do I sing up?

SiNa
10-13-2007, 08:17 PM

its funny how you (no offence) or the big guys (admins) always jokes around:P and are not so serious

Kirstein
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM

and by that you're also going to find out if the guy is a cheater?

Look, all I'm saying is that it's by far the safest for all parties involved not to make any trades and know the person or at least find out as much as you can about a person before inviting them.

limpdickkid
10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
What do you mean you put in time/bandwidth/etc in trackers to get invites only. Thats just stupid. If the only thing you're working towards is getting an invite then you need to get a life. The only reason I'm on private trackers is for content and/or community. Invites are just a perk, which you should only give to people you know for a long time. I learned this the hard way.

lingo
10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I traded a lot of invites/accounts in the past and I got scammed a couple of times when trying to trade higher level accounts. I don't trade accounts anymore.

People annoy me when they try to trade invites/accounts they won in giveaways. This is when I become mad and declare war for the ungrateful biatches.

SiNa
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
What do you mean you put in time/bandwidth/etc in trackers to get invites only. Thats just stupid. If the only thing you're working towards is getting an invite then you need to get a life. The only reason I'm on private trackers is for content and/or community. Invites are just a perk, which you should only give to people you know for a long time. I learned this the hard way.

it means that you have worked hard to get a tracker and also to get the invite(s). and sometimes you want something which takes even more time to get it, so instead you would trade. you have worked and you also want a benefit from it right? (except getting into the tracker)

TheFoX
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Interesting arguments and counters...

A little bit of history here...

Way back in the dark days before cheat clients and MPAA, when things were simple, and condoms were optional, all trackers had open door policies, where you signed up at the front door.

Of course, things changed. SuprNova took a dive, then UK-Fileshare was killed off (by a selfish person who didn't want to go to jail), as was LokiTorrents, then UK-Torrents was dismantled, causing massive grief to those in charge (financial and emotional), culminating finally in the unethical take down of Elite Torrents, who up to this point had been getting extremely fat on all the other displaced members.

Now, suffice to say, tracker staff were becoming somewhat wary. Seeing Scott (sk0t) McCauseland landing a prison sentence for airing a third rate copy of a workprint, as well as the financial ruin of many others, was a reality jolt, and the decision was taken to make communities invite only.

Now, there are good and bad sides to each coin. While only allowing invites means you don't have all and sundry signing up, it also has the negative effect of creating a vacuum, where accounts become prized.

In any area where a commodity becomes valued, such as gold and precious metals/gems, the worth of the item often exceeds the actual worth. In the case of torrent communities, we have already seen invites and accounts being sold on eBay.

In many ways, the WIAW thread was created by tracker admin who decided from the offset that trackers would be limited membership. While tracker staff complain about invite and, more importantly, account trading, this monster is actually a product of their decision to close the doors.

Is the action of closing the doors right or wrong? From the tracker standpoint, it is right. After all, no one wants to tempt fate by allowing Media Defender employees free access to the peers list.

On the flip side, there are too many people desiring those trackers, which creates an interest, which in itself can become unhealthy.

As for trade or anti-trade groups, each to their own. They both have merit, if conducted with decorum. It is only when things get out of hand that it becomes an issue.

It's no different from the original anti-p2p group, who were a bunch of sceners who did not want their files released onto torrent servers. Ironically, the actual push for this group came from within the Media companies, who thought if they could influence part of the scene to blocking p2p, then they could get this anti-p2p group to do their dirty work for them, and stop content reaching the masses. Of course, the scene is made of many members, and a few of them realised the truth, and thwarted the attempts to bring down numerous torrent communities.

Each to their own, but tolerate they neighbour.

SiNa
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
People annoy me when they try to trade invites/accounts they won in giveaways. This is when I become mad and declare war for the ungrateful biatches.

True. it annoys me too.
if you trade and never retrade the account again then its fine

th0r
10-13-2007, 08:43 PM

R u serios? U canot b serios.

Seriously, anti-traders are just defending the interests and the integrity of the tracker.

LaPistola
10-13-2007, 09:38 PM
thank you MrFox :clap:

xJohnxSmithx
10-13-2007, 09:45 PM

who said "only". learn to read
you haven't learned anything yet

Something Else
10-13-2007, 09:46 PM

:glag:

What MrFox said was very eloquent, reasonable and very out of place for the BitTorrent section.....Your gonna give someone concussion with all that sense MrFox....seriously though, some good points well made...I'd leave it at that....

pro267
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Interesting arguments and counters...

A little bit of history here...

Well, at least one good post came out of this otherwise pointless thread.

Patriot foreve
10-13-2007, 10:58 PM
xJohnxSmithx & The FoX

You really get to the core of the conflict ,i couldn't have said it better ,A very well informative subjective posts

beat
10-13-2007, 11:05 PM
@Patriot: You seem to have a problem with commas :01:

TheFoX
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
What MrFox said was very eloquent, reasonable and very out of place for the BitTorrent section.....Your gonna give someone concussion with all that sense MrFox....seriously though, some good points well made...I'd leave it at that....

I think it is my mission in life to bring some sanity to this otherwise insane place.

:whistling

peat moss
10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I was thinking this forum started out from humble beginnings just by being a place to share programs , ideas or discuss hardware topics . Its become a breeding ground for cock suckers with their trading invites and then crying when they get shafted .

The funny part is there's "no honor " among thieves here anymore , if I have it you got it mentality has always served me fine .

DefX
10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I didnt think you were capable of being so harsh peat, lol

aysomc
10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
peoples inability to pick up very obvious sarcasm on this board is starting to scare me.

peat moss
10-14-2007, 12:32 AM
I didnt think you were capable of being so harsh peat, lol

It looks worse than I meant it to. :lol: I'v never had a problem with giving invites to members , its my fucking friends I worry about . :shifty: