PDA

View Full Version : Mac trackers?

ROFL-LOL
10-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Hi. I just got an apple macbook yesterday and i have no idea about trackers which has appz for macs. Can you please help me byt telling about mac-trackers or the trackers which has a huge mac-section.

And i would like to know what is the best torrent-client for mac.

thanks.

Grind$oFine
10-14-2007, 04:59 AM
BrokenStones is for mac apps/games.
OiNK has a great selection of apps too.
Demonoid will help you with anything missing on those two sites.

For client, Azureus is probably the best option, but Transmission is worth checking out.

xJohnxSmithx
10-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Grind to the rescue.
The only thing you forgot is. Welcome to world of Mac!!
PM me if you have any questions.

fstokebanget
10-14-2007, 09:52 AM
yes, BrokenStones would be certainly the best choice, while like Grind$oFine said, demonoid and oink could come to the rescue also. If you need BrokenStones invite you can PM me

anekoik
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM
there's also http://www.proaudiotorrents.org/ , for mac audio app

Something Else
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
MacNBits is great but you need to donate or be invited....

lessthanfour
10-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Everyone pretty much covered the tracker side. I've been running Azureus on my macbook and it's been fine. Transmission was a little too buggy for me when I tried it last year, but I think a lot of the bugs have been worked out, and they recently added selective downloading.

Azureus is kind of a resource hog though, so you have to weigh your options. There isn't really anything like uTorrent 1.6.1 for the Mac world :(

jars
10-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Everyone pretty much covered the tracker side. I've been running Azureus on my macbook and it's been fine. Transmission was a little too buggy for me when I tried it last year, but I think a lot of the bugs have been worked out, and they recently added selective downloading.

Azureus is kind of a resource hog though, so you have to weigh your options. There isn't really anything like uTorrent 1.6.1 for the Mac world :(I checked out all the leechers on the mac torrents from oink earlier, it's pretty much a 50/50 split between azureus and transmission. Bitmetv has the beta rule for transmission and thet scares me a bit. I use azureus for all sites.

Polarbear
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
MacNBits is great but you need to donate or be invited....

does it have more games than brokenstones?

isabel.pirate
10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I have been a member of MacNBits since 2004 and have DLed 18mb :) (53 OS X game torrents 10 of them xplane) - I have also been a member for OINK since then and have 150gigs DLed (probably only 5 gigs of music) Oink has been my mac lifeline. But I have recently joined BrokenStones and it is also a great community mainly because it is smaller and mac dedicated.

I have used Azureus for years but have recently tried µtorrent1.61 with crossover with a lot of success. For some reason I cannot connect to TL torrents with crossover so Azureus 2.5.0.4 is my main one.

Welcome to the community - good to see who else is mac here too.

SgtMajor
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
You can add gfxnews & audionews to your list of sites with Mac stuff.

odend42
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
How does one get an invite to Oink and BrokenStones? I am using a newzbin site but also Demonoid until it was recently shut down. I am not moving exclusively to the Mac world and am looking for some new sites to get mac stuff.

Polarbear
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
How does one get an invite to Oink and BrokenStones? I am using a newzbin site but also Demonoid until it was recently shut down. I am not moving exclusively to the Mac world and am looking for some new sites to get mac stuff.

oink is no more. the tracker has been shut down by authorities.

for brokenstones contact me when you have access to the invite section.

khaoticsquirre
12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
would i be able to get an invite code to brokenstones by any chance? i was part of the demonoid community before they got shut down and i haven't found anything comparable to it yet. atleast brokenstones will take care of my mac apps side of it.
thanks so much in advance!:)

Schoolboystuff
12-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Wrong area my friend........

fstokebanget
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
just curious, I got PM from about 20 users with different names but all they're noob with number of posts < 3, all saying almost the same, that they are ex demonoid / oink users, couldn't find the mac apps bla bla and dying to get into brokenstones, is it possible that they are the same person ?

DannyGnXz
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
just curious, I got PM from about 20 users with different names but all they're noob with number of posts < 3, all saying almost the same, that they are ex demonoid / oink users, couldn't find the mac apps bla bla and dying to get into brokenstones, is it possible that they are the same person ?

This can not be a coincidence... Has to be the same person, what are the chances?

Polarbear
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
brokenstones seems to be very popular after the oink/demonoid downfall.

the tracker really has improved a lot and is the place to be for mac users atm.

i get many pms asking for invites.

once i wrote back to someone, because he sounded nice and "needed the invite so badly".

i asked him if he's a mac user.

he answered: "no, why?"

fstokebanget
12-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Polarbear, I think those guys that sent you PMs are similar to those who's on my inbox. I also several times wanna make sure if they are Mac users, but the answer is no, sometimes yes but they just couldn't proof it. Should we report this matter to the mods ?

Polarbear
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Polarbear, I think those guys that sent you PMs are similar to those who's on my inbox. I also several times wanna make sure if they are Mac users, but the answer is no, sometimes yes but they just couldn't proof it. Should we report this matter to the mods ?

no, not worth it.

Cruel
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
What date was invites given out last date I didn't have the right mount of downloaded for invites then but now I should be able to so just wondering when I can expect some? It says 10 days so...

Polarbear
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
What date was invites given out last date I didn't have the right mount of downloaded for invites then but now I should be able to so just wondering when I can expect some? It says 10 days so...

the faq are your friend and helper.

Cruel
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Then you could help me and give me the link to where it says something else than "every 10 days"?

Polarbear
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM

Then you could help me and give me the link to where it says something else than "every 10 days"?

if you read the faq and still don't know how to get invites, ask in the forum or contact staff.

Cruel
12-18-2007, 12:37 PM

if you read the faq and still don't know how to get invites, ask in the forum or contact staff.

It was the cycle I was interested in knowing which dates it was executed. Since I guess everyone get's them at the same time. Meaning if everyone got their invites at 10th December next one should be 20th.

khaoticsquirre
12-21-2007, 12:47 AM
sorry about the other post in the wrong section. i was redirected to this page after registering and somehow sent to the wrong page.
however, after reading through the posts, i am not one person using several names, im just a mac guy trying to get some apps by use of one name, and the waiting process for brokenstones is killing me! :frusty:

fstokebanget
12-21-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm sure there's a way out, you could try piratebay first

smarty
12-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Same here. Ever since demonoid went down, I haven't been able to find any public/open sites that have decent mac apps. :(

pentolijo
12-23-2007, 05:44 AM
does anyone already trying mininova?

khaoticsquirre
12-23-2007, 04:45 PM
im not a big fan of the open sites. i used piratebay when i was first getting into torrents, and it was alright, but once i made the switch, i enjoyed the community, selection, and reliability that they offered a heck of a lot better. you dont have to worry every time you download a program, but on the open sites, i always worry bc i never know where they're coming from.

dash18
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
for games try bcg

fstokebanget
12-23-2007, 08:53 PM
does BCG also has Mac OS games ??

mattf60
12-26-2007, 12:09 AM
i got my macbook pro today (christmas yay)

the only trackers i was on where i could find any content was ARADI and that was very limited.

As for open trackers, the pirate bay and mininova have quite a lot.

Does anyone here use broken stones?

is it worth the wait and the pleading for an invite?

cheers, matt

Polarbear
12-26-2007, 01:34 AM

last time i asked it was three or four games.

there is no better tracker for mac apps and games than brokenstones atm.

dythim
12-26-2007, 01:35 AM

last time i asked it was three or four games.

there is no better tracker for mac apps and games than brokenstones atm.

+1 brokenstones

DannyGnXz
12-26-2007, 01:49 AM
+2 for brokenstones...

Has been my lifeline ever since both oink & demonoid went down.

Scavenger
12-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Broken Stones, and Pisexy has some stuff too.

mattf60
12-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Do you think brokenstones will open for new users anytime over the festive/new year period?

Polarbear
12-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Do you think brokenstones will open for new users anytime over the festive/new year period?

i'm afraid they won't. you will have to look for an invite.

mattf60
12-26-2007, 02:55 AM
okay, cheers polarbear

only got my mac today, so will have to wait 30 days!

dcspool12
12-26-2007, 03:39 AM
I went to BS and no luck for signing... I thought may be santa bring me some surprise ;)

Hey Polarbear and fstokebanget

I am a new user here but trying to get an invite to brokenstones. It seems like people have spoiled the name here but I have been a member for demonoid for a long time and never used any other site. I am a mac user and wish to get an invite if it is possible.

If not i understand. I wish you guys merry xmas and happy new year.

Thanks

clos
12-26-2007, 03:47 AM

For client, Azureus is probably the best option, but Transmission is worth checking out.

Don't have BrokenStones....Oink and Demonoid are gone man

fstokebanget
12-26-2007, 04:07 AM
I suppose BrokenStones now is the most wanted tracker for Mac users :) Many users come to my inbox asking for it, pls ppl don't PM me for the invite, just write down on the invite section and I'll take a look

grimms
12-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Don't remember if i posted in here already. Once again, I would recommend Brokenstones, also proaudiotorrents.

Grind$oFine
12-26-2007, 07:05 AM

Don't have BrokenStones....Oink and Demonoid are gone man

This thread is old, I posted that back when both sites were around. BrokenStones is a perfect site for any mac needs. Best selection on BT for mac users even before when OiNK and Demonoid were around. It's really not hard to get invited, just post a request in the appropriate section, and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Polarbear
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
okay, cheers polarbear

only got my mac today, so will have to wait 30 days!

Hey Polarbear and fstokebanget
I am a mac user and wish to get an invite if it is possible.

here we have a perfect example of "did read rules - patient" and "didn't read rules - greedy".

teamlam
12-27-2007, 04:40 AM
im also in need of a an invite for bs...please. am a user on torrent damage and previously on demonoid.

thanks alot and merry christmas!!

GordonBennett
12-30-2007, 01:55 PM
As a non-registered BrokenStones user, mac-torrents seems to be a pretty good alternative. Looks fairly new but seeds seem ok and lots of games.

Polarbear
12-30-2007, 01:59 PM
mac-torrents: 897 torrents

brokenstones: 5,849 torrents

doesdjef
12-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Well Brokenstones is pretty okay. But mainly because there is no real alternative.

jj4evarb
12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
mac-torrents really isnt very good, not a massive selection and many of the torrents seem to be password protected. To all those whinging about invites, do what the rest of us (me included) have to do and wait the 30 days, im sure theres nothing people need that desperately.

fstokebanget
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
how's the speed and the content ? new softwares or just the old

ijc64
01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
it sucks that two of the best trackers for mac stuff (demonoid and oink) are down.

fsephie
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I would still say that neither of those measure up to BS, personally. The only possible problem a person might have is that BS doesn't allow prereleases, and I don't think you'll have a problem finding those big-ticket apps.

Cruel
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I've had some problems with downloading from BS but it's rare.

ROFL-LOL
01-06-2008, 09:12 AM
For users who want to fin stuff, You can use Public Trackers too. They could be sometimes really fast. That depends on how many seed is on that torrents.
Here's the best ones:

TPB mac software section (http://thepiratebay.org/browse/302/0/7)
TPB mac Games section (http://thepiratebay.org/browse/402/0/7)
Mininova mac Software Section (http://www.mininova.org/sub/27/seeds)
Mininova Mac games Section (http://www.mininova.org/sub/26/seeds)

and don't be prejudiced on Public Trackers. those actually pretty good. You don't have to care about ratios and you really can find what you're looking for.

And if you're looking audioappz or photoediting appz, i recommend

http://forum.audionews.ru/ and http://forum.gfxnews.ru/.
They have own sections for mac appz.

Gugus
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
About MacnBits, is this tracker can be reached by an invitation (like BS, which is apparently full at the moment ^^") or just by donation ? :unsure:

popcop23
02-21-2008, 01:02 PM
OMG so there some tracker with open signup?
or there a chance to get an invite?

NorBis
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
BrokenStones the best

Femto
02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Brokenstones = S**********. :yup:

iBoss
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone ...
Can somone help me please? ... I need invite code for Brokenstones ..
please

Cruel
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone ...
Can somone help me please? ... I need invite code for Brokenstones ..
pleaseThat's not how it works around here, in this section. By new users...

iBoss
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Sorry if I did something wrong ... but really I need it ...

I have read all replies in this topic and I see some member talking about the invite ... maybe becuz I'm new user .. sorry

grimms
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Sorry if I did something wrong ... but really I need it ...

I have read all replies in this topic and I see some member talking about the invite ... maybe becuz I'm new user .. sorry

iBoss I would suggest you really delve deep in this forum especially the Bit Torrent section. Read the rules, tracker reviews, and things to do and not to do. Asking for invites is something you do not want to do straight away, and in the BT section.

Wait out your 30 days then you can access the BT invite section. First I would think long and hard, familiarize yourself before begging to help your success rate and also so you don't go down the wrong path, and regret a post you may or may not make.

simbata
08-27-2008, 11:34 AM
You can also try osx-files :)

t1m3k33p3r
08-27-2008, 09:14 PM
no one NEEDS a tracker!!!!