PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got This Message..

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:05 PM
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT WARNING:
It appears that you are offering copyrighted music to others from your computer. Distributing or downloading copyrighted music on the Internet without permission from the copyright owner is ILLEGAL.  It hurts songwriters who create and musicians who perform the music you love, and all the other people who bring you music.

When you break the law, you risk legal penalties.  There is a simple way to avoid that risk: DON'T STEAL MUSIC, either by offering it to others to copy or downloading it on a "file-sharing" system like this.

When you offer music on these systems, you are not anonymous and you can easily be identified.  You also may have unlocked and exposed your computer and your private files to anyone on the Internet. Don't take these chances. Disable the share feature or uninstall your "file-sharing" software. For more information on how, go to http://www.musicunited.net/5_takeoff.html.

This warning comes from artists, songwriters, musicians, music publishers, record labels and hundreds of thousands of people who work at creating and distributing the music you enjoy. We are unable to receive direct replies to this message. For more information about this Copyright Warning, go to www.musicunited.net.

It was from something like copyrightwarning694@kazaa (or something along those lines)

jay973
07-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Dont worry,probably some kid getting cheap thrills by sending these out to people.
:D

Neil__
07-11-2003, 11:11 PM
sounds like a copout clause from sharman,
if the actively discourage piracy then maybe they can fend off legal action from the RIAA

Neil
P.S. or maybe a prank. thanks ron.

Ron
Naaah, no problem m8.

It was just Lamsey, mindf*cking you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Proper Bo
I'm not worried at all, I was just seeing if anyone else was getting them :)

callum
07-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Somebody else posted the same message about a week back.

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ron@12 July 2003 - 00:11
Naaah, no problem m8.

It was just Lamsey, mindf*cking you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good point! damn that monobrowed scotsman! :lol:

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:24 PM
:lol:

Actually Bo it was me...what ya donna dea aboot it? :P

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:25 PM
Ahm gannin tae brae ta shiyt outt yee, ya wee deck! :P

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:26 PM
ah''ll pure chib you , ya mad bam!

:P

This is fun,,,,,,,,,,!

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Sorry, that one was TOO scottish, what's a "bam"? read biffa bacon on www.viz.co.uk and learn to talk proper's english :D

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:30 PM
A bam is...well....a bam! just an insult (ie whit ur ye daeing ya mad bam)

Also see tube, numpty, eejit, bampot.....

Bampot is a great insult - glaswegian is a great dialect to insult people in!

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:32 PM
I know what a numpty and an eejit is :D
We don't really use insults here, more the violence side and less verbal :D I think the best sounding insult in a geordie accent is "Yu daft twat!" :lol:

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Hehe! i can't actually do a geordie accent - one of the few I can't copy...Welsh is the other one!

the best thing to say in a Glasgow accent is "WHIT UR YE LOOKIN AT YA BAMPOT??? i'LL DO YOU IN, SO AH WULL!!!"

(translation: what are you looking at you fool? I will batter you, so i will!)

:lol:

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:38 PM
I don't need feckin translations!!! I'm not an American! :lol: I only lives a couple hours down the road!

balamm
07-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Bo, you didn't say how you recieved that message. Was it through the kazaa messenger?
I wonder if they're sending them out to an entire IP range on the kazaa protocol.

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by balamm@12 July 2003 - 00:39
Bo, you didn't say how you recieved that message. Was it through the kazaa messenger?
I wonder if they're sending them out to an entire IP range on the kazaa protocol.
Yeah, i just maximed k-lite and there it was

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@12 July 2003 - 00:38
I don't need feckin translations!!! I'm not an American! :lol: I only lives a couple hours down the road!
It was for others' use ya tube!!!!

Honestly.some people are just so inconsiderate! :rolleyes:

:P

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Weemouse, read this yu daft twat (http://viz.co.uk/motorstrips/biffa.htm) and see how much you can understand, shouldn't be too hard. Anything you don't get, post up here so I can see :D

WeeMouse
07-11-2003, 11:49 PM
That was...............exremely silly! :lol:

I understood most of it i think.....it helps to say it out loud! :D

Proper Bo
07-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Just read it aloud as it is and voila, a geordie accent! :D

lynx
07-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@12 July 2003 - 00:52
Just read it aloud as it is and voila, a geordie accent! :D
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roy.wills/Cymoril/K-Lite/Hijack.jpg

This must be first, You actually hijacked your own thread, Bo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, musicunited.net is owned by.....

R I A A