PDA

View Full Version : invite section

Polarbear
10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
i have access to the invite section a day now. i thought i would be nice to start with 2 giveaways.

none of the guys even posted a thank you in the thread or via pm.

that never ever happened to me in any of my other giveaways.

give me one reason why i should make high level giveaways here.

aysomc
10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
the board isnt responsible for people that dont have good manners. if you pick deserving people in your giveaways they will give you the credit and thanks you deserve. i only need 1 more site before i stop looking and just stick to giving away invites before i quit. if i ever do get the invite i want i would thank whoever gave it to me over and over and i think most others here would as well. basically dont hold the board to the actions of a few bad seeds.

desiKing
10-15-2007, 12:01 AM
i have access to the invite section a day now. i thought i would be nice to start with 2 giveaways.

not true...some1 thanks you

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rsr-giveaway-post2332514/postcount4

Polarbear
10-15-2007, 12:04 AM

not true...some1 thanks you

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rsr-giveaway-post2332514/postcount4

bs. this guy didn't even receive an invite from me. he posted thanks in his question for it.

kaffeine
10-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm sorry your first experience helping people turned out to be like that. that's so disappointing, to give something for free, to help somebody and not even get a thank you for it. some people are so selfish and ungrateful.. it's a shame.

why should you continue helping people? well, not everybody is an ungrateful moron without manners in here. In time, you'll notice who is worthy and who's not, and i'm sure you'll find some very nice people in here.

(or maybe they haven't got the chance to thank you, I hope that's the case)

Detale
10-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Dude don't let 2 unmannered bastards affect your attitude on FST they sucked indeed. You need 1 reason? Hmm How about you did a good thing by sharing. Did you PM them? if not do it now. Also if they still don't care or are rude make a post in the invites section and call them out in public. People need to be polite especially when they get something for free. This has happened to me countless times and it never feels any better. All I can say if kcuf em and move on keep their names on record as the 2 rude skcuf who didn't say thanks.I don't know how much this means now but Thank You for helping this community be the great place it is.I hope you continue to have giveaways here.

donvito
10-15-2007, 12:20 AM
i agree, not everyone is like that. its common courtesy, and some people don't get that.

dweebo
10-15-2007, 12:59 AM
i would thx you if i recieved anything from you ., even chicken pox...lol

nah im a rookie here and just want to fit in

Grind$oFine
10-15-2007, 01:00 AM
It's only been one day. Only two giveaways... give it a chance...
It's the bittorrent world, there are rude people that don't say thank you, but you can still hope they'll make use to what you gave them.
If you don't want to give away things to people who are ungrateful, change your giveaway method. Even if you don't say it, require a certain number of posts, check up on other posts/thread, see if they did giveaways... if they've done giveaway chances are they'll thank you because they understand how important it is.

One good reason you should give away invites here? Well one could be, because if you stick around FST is gonna be a good resource for you to get invites and for you to get information or a place to chat.... if you like the community here, if you get anything here (invites or not) then it's a common courtesy for you to contribute too...

Give invites to friends if you want to be thanked. Nothing bad about that...

But you can't figure that out yourself? What were you truly hoping to accomplish by this thread...

How about, YES, everyone in this very large forum is rude and would not say "thank you" :pinch:

Artemis
10-15-2007, 02:09 AM
you don't say thanks either grind$ofine !

Gish
10-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I feel your pain I really do but you need to make sure that next time you do a give away the people 1. have a good rep or rep points 2. they are not noobs and can show ratios or other proof in a professional way and that they may then deserve what you have to give.

for example, if you are holding a giveaway would you rather get this response:
dude I really need an invite man. or would you rather see:
hey, I have heard about the community and would love join..hear are my ratios at other site.

like I said I feel your pain but as this site gets more jerks out their for the highest bitter it is hard to find the deserving people..but there out their:)

isabel.pirate
10-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I agree with you Polarbear - for the most part this seems like a large anonymous fairly cold community - everybody seems fake all sucking up to the right people trying to get an invite to FTN and on top of that invites and accounts get given to each other mess things up for the givers all to gain a few inches. I don't feel I can trust many people to even give away invites because I don't have a screaming fast line and my accounts are not disposable - I can't just build up a new one in a few days.

But it is not just this forum. Perhaps I am to old for this or don't have enough drive but I find really difficult to gain respect or to trust others.

But from another aspect I would rather someone not say thanks a be a good user that receive a thank you from a cheater or trade.

I will continue to try to give away and receive at my slow old pace. Hopefully thanks will come to you as well.

kirktrix
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
Sorry for your first bad experienced here but many people here are not like them...:) Even though they did not thank you for your giveaways it doesn't mean you stop giving....If you really want to help others..... just help with or without anything in returns...:)

BTW: Welcome to the Invite section...

SgtMajor
10-15-2007, 02:40 AM

Do the only sensible thing and only look for good posters, ones that help others without grace or favour expected in return, who are looking for a particular tracker and offer them the invite if you can, that way you know it will at least get used.

Grind$oFine
10-15-2007, 02:41 AM
you don't say thanks either grind$ofine !

Whaaa?

shazzar
10-15-2007, 03:23 AM
I rather they made good on there pledge to be a good member of the tracker i invite them to then hope they say thanks even though its a bit rude and not nice. Lesser of the two evils.

sear
10-15-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience mate, but this is a large forum and we get all sorts. The best bet is to do like SgtMajor said and just find people to help out. I find the best way is to just find people you like/respect and see if you can help them in anyway. Just contact them via pm no need to make a public display of your kindness. In that way you have a better shot of finding people you can trust and I promise all the folks I have given invites to in this way have said thank you. I figure it's a nice surprise to get a pm asking if there's anything they want :)