PDA

View Full Version : FTN? How to get it?

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi Everyone

Before writing my post, I want to tell that this Post is not for asking for FTN, although i want one invite to FTN, I am not asking for one in this post, as i recognize this is not the proper way to get an invite.

So, I noticed that everyone these days is asking for FTN, some ppl put stories for that, some ppl give giveaways, etc...

But I think that these ways are not proper ways to getting FTN...

I think the proper way is to be a sharer and a good person in a community...

By that, someone will trust you and give you an invite..

but, then, it is nowadays also hard to prove yourself worthy of such an invite in a huge community that is growing daily. There are just so many people, so showing yourself between them as a worthy person is a hard thing..

Now this is what i wanna ask you: What do you think is the best way to get this invite?

I once again say that i do no request an FTN invite by this post, but I hope that your answers will prompt me to get one.

Thanks,

th0r
10-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Now this is what i wanna ask you: What do you think is the best way to get this invite?

I think the proper way is to be a sharer and a good person in a community...

but, then, it is nowadays also hard to prove yourself worthy of such an invite in a huge community that is growing daily. There are just so many people, so showing yourself between them as a worthy person is a hard thing..

You answered your own question, kind of.

mrnobody
10-15-2007, 04:44 AM
^ what he said.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:45 AM
yes, i answered myself, but i think it is very hard to show yourself as trustworthy nowadays, so i am asking for your opinion!

however, thanks for replying!!

Bo0ddha
10-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Your best way into FTN is not through this site. Make friends in the trackers and prove yourself worthy there. I have received most of my higher lvl trackers from friends I have made in smaller trackers. I am a big fan of small torrent sites that have a nice community built around the tracker. On some of the bigger sites (TL for example) it can be hard to know most of the regulars. Most users don't care about the community, but instead only want the files. I have did receive my Oink invite from here (Thanks a ton BTW!), but the rest were from one of the first trackers I ever joined that is I believe a lvl 3. It's a smaller site that has an amazing community. I happened to make a offhand comment in IRC and one of the mods was kind enough to help me out. Like you said this site is growing bigger day by day. That makes it harder to distinguish yourself from amongst the riff raff. Just find some trackers you love and get involved there. If nothing else you will make that community even better.

BTW I wish you luck FTN happens to be my holy grail too.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Your best way into FTN is not through this site. Make friends in the trackers and prove yourself worthy there. I have received most of my higher lvl trackers from friends I have made in smaller trackers. I am a big fan of small torrent sites that have a nice community built around the tracker. On some of the bigger sites (TL for example) it can be hard to know most of the regulars. Most users don't care about the community, but instead only want the files. I have did receive my Oink invite from here (Thanks a ton BTW!), but the rest were from one of the first trackers I ever joined that is I believe a lvl 3. It's a smaller site that has an amazing community. I happened to make a offhand comment in IRC and one of the mods was kind enough to help me out. Like you said this site is growing bigger day by day. That makes it harder to distinguish yourself from amongst the riff raff. Just find some trackers you love and get involved there. If nothing else you will make that community even better.

Thanks Bo0ddha, Great method, I think i will gonna work on it from now!

StriderZ
10-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Time

th0r
10-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Thanks Bo0ddha, Great method, I think i will gonna work on it from now!

Also, there's no reason to resort to trading if you don't get an FT.N invite, I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Why should you trade if it isn't allowed?

Bo0ddha
10-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Also, there's no reason to resort to trading if you don't get an FT.N invite, I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise.

Agreed. Never seen a need to trade. Just have some patience and show your trustworthy and everything will eventually fall into place.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Time

If it is time, then all those guys who say i have been for 2years,3years,4years, etc.. wil get it, but they get nothing

th0r
10-15-2007, 04:59 AM
They're just not applying themselves and probably have other motives once they obtain an invite.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 05:00 AM
They're just not applying themselves and probably have other motives once they obtain an invite.

maybe..

sear
10-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Time

If it is time, then all those guys who say i have been for 2years,3years,4years, etc.. wil get it, but they get nothing

not true...plenty of people who are active here have found what they want without trading.

Bo0ddha
10-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Have you looked at the history those people have? Were they banned? How active were they? I'm sure it was for a reason.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 05:04 AM
yes. so time has to be linked with activity

Grind$oFine
10-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Be nice, be generous, be patient, be honest.
Not everyone can do the same thing to get into FTN, but I've seen people be successful here, and I think your chance of getting it here is much higher than another site.
You don't need to become friends with people on FTN, you just have to get a good following of people who think you are nice, generous, patient, and honest.
Your time will come... there's nothing that you could change that would necessarily get you an invite quicker. Stick around here, try to get a few hundred productive posts, do some giveaways, be polite, help people who ask questions.
If a bunch of people hear "bamesah" and they think "that's a good person, really deserves to be invited"... then you've got a much higher chance at getting an invite.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 05:08 AM
Be nice, be generous, be patient, be honest.
Not everyone can do the same thing to get into FTN, but I've seen people be successful here, and I think your chance of getting it here is much higher than another site.
You don't need to become friends with people on FTN, you just have to get a good following of people who think you are nice, generous, patient, and honest.
Your time will come... there's nothing that you could change that would necessarily get you an invite quicker. Stick around here, try to get a few hundred productive posts, do some giveaways, be polite, help people who ask questions.
If a bunch of people hear "bamesah" and they think "that's a good person, really deserves to be invited"... then you've got a much higher chance at getting an invite.

Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

mrnobody
10-15-2007, 05:12 AM
i agree with Bo0dha, it's very hard to get FTN invite here. The easiest way you is probably to trade (if you have higher tracker)...but not recommended.

Other than that, making friends and hanging out here might (not necessary "will") help you out in long run. As Bo0dha pointed out, involve urself with smaller community....be the best guy you can be and hopefully someone there has FTN waiting for you. Hanging out here and trying to be the best here won't really help at all...since alike you and me, there are tons of users who "try" to give best out of them (succeeding or not succeeding is different story though). In addition to that, there are tons who oil out (fake) stuff which makes inviters insecure. Speaking from my personal experience, if you request an invite for sites as FTN, SCT etc...the inviter will look look through tons of ur profile, comments etc...s/he will neglect every good you have done...but if s/he finds even one tiny mistake u committed...you are done. Even though i am not proud to say this but don't be a free thinker when u request invite. Just give them limited info...which is 100% good...if you are suspicious that it has 0.001% negativity...don't use it.

th0r
10-15-2007, 05:13 AM
You don't need to become friends with people on FTN, you just have to get a good following of people who think you are

Not necessarily. I'm a member of a forum that consists mostly of FT.N members, and that's sort of how I was invited.

I'm just saying when it really comes down to it, I think it's more about who you know than how large of a demographic you make an impact on.

Bo0ddha
10-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Plus here you need A LOT of PU/VIP accounts on high rated trackers to give away a lot of invites. If you instead focus on 2-4 trackers and become a quality member your contributions are more easily noticed and will make a bigger impact. Thus showing that you are worthy of the FTN.

mrnobody
10-15-2007, 05:23 AM
You don't need to become friends with people on FTN, you just have to get a good following of people who think you are

Not necessarily. I'm a member of a forum that consists mostly of FT.N members, and that's sort of how I was invited.

I'm just saying when it really comes down to it, I think it's more about who you know than how large of a demographic you make an impact on.

it's wayyyyyy lot easier if you know them. If you don't know them, they always look for some mistake that you have made in past and take down ur request coz of it.

bamesah
10-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks everyone, this information will surely make getting FTN easier for me