PDA

View Full Version : how 2 seed a release to 2 trackers at the same time ?

xxzzxx
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
if the content is the same,should i put it separately in 2
directories ( the content and the torrent file ) ?

psxcite
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
No need for seperate directories. Just downwload the .torrent file, point it at the complete files in the one directory, force check it for errors and seed. That's it.

You can seed to as many different sites as you want. With the same files in the same directory, but with a bunch of different .torrent files in your bitorrent application.

xxzzxx
10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
well,i tried that and got an error ( something like,"too long or lenght...." and ext' )

LLED
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
best thing to make another copy coz the sfv file is usually of different size

sleepyy
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
This looks like a great idea to build my ratio thanks for it i will indeed ask first because it may not be ok by the site so best to ask

psxcite
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
No need to waste disk space and make another copy. Just go in and select "skip" for the sfv, the sample, nfo and sometimes that last rar of a set. You can seed the rest just fine and it should show as 100% when you've done that. I run into that error as well sometimes, when sites change the nfo, or the sample is different.

whiteboy
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I dont see a reson to ask but anyways you just download it again like you did the first time. To the same folder as stated above. Very simple but effective.

xxzzxx
10-16-2007, 02:19 AM
No need to waste disk space and make another copy. Just go in and select "skip" for the sfv, the sample, nfo and sometimes that last rar of a set. You can seed the rest just fine and it should show as 100% when you've done that. I run into that error as well sometimes, when sites change the nfo, or the sample is different.

ty,i guess the sfv,nfo and the sample cause the problem in my case.

blackbird
10-16-2007, 02:47 AM
is it possible to just add the announce url in torrent properties
for ex: in utorrent .. right click on torrent-> properties -> and the add the tracker url there
trackers(seperate tiers with an empty line ) ??

kaoblanco
10-16-2007, 04:41 AM
I dont see a reson to ask but anyways you just download it again like you did the first time. To the same folder as stated above. Very simple but effective.
I really think you need to re-read the question...

psxcite
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
for ex: in utorrent .. right click on torrent-> properties -> and the add the tracker url there

In some cases you can do this. But honestly, it's simply not safe to add multiple announce urls for private trackers. Since you may be injecting errors into a torrent if they are different on the two sites.
If like my example above, one site changed the nfo "to give a shoutout", then the size may look exactly the same. But it won't be.
Always best to just force check, skip the fils that don't show 100% and seed from there.

If ,for instance, the tracker only gives seed bonus for full 100% upload and not partial uploads, then you have to possible allow it to download the necessary data it needs to complete.

enviouz
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM

there are 2 problems with that. sometimes it will just simply say torrent not regged on this tracker. if you dont get that error you could still be flagged as a cheater because it would send your u/l amount to both trackers when it updates.

example:

you have tracker x and tracker y both listed.

you u/l 200mb to the users on tracker x and 100 to tracker y= 300mb total

when it updates it will send them stats to both trackers (300mb each).

while your not purposly trying to cheat the system would still see it that way.

Polarbear
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
i always upload the files where i download them. works fine and is safe.

orka
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
could do it, but never add a 2 trackers (two passkeys) and only one torrent in the klient client!

blackbird
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
for ex: in utorrent .. right click on torrent-> properties -> and the add the tracker url there ??

In some cases you can do this. But honestly, it's simply not safe to add multiple announce urls for private trackers. Since ...

there are 2 problems with that. sometimes it will just simply say torrent not regged on this tracker. ...

thanks guys.. :)