PDA

View Full Version : Tips on buffering my OiNK

Kyl3KK
10-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Ok so the buffer I built up when I still uploaded my own material is now running low.

I ran out of music to upload, and I'd rather not upload 0sec music from other trackers to OiNK.

Any other ideas?

(I don't have a seedbox, and I have a 640k upstream)

Any ideas?

th0r
10-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Upload in lossless!

Cmon
10-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Seed what you download as long as possible should make your ratio 1+

Bo0ddha
10-17-2007, 02:49 AM
I've noticed once you get a decent ratio on oink it's actually rather easy to keep a ratio. Just never stop seeding anything you download and don't grab everything in flac.

Kyl3KK
10-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Upload in lossless! Frikin genius! Now I just need to find things that arent there.

Fibre
10-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Seed 24/7 and for the life span of the torrent.

KFlint
10-17-2007, 03:25 AM
When i needed to built a buffer in Oink (mine is really fat already now :D), i used to

1- jump on popular Mac Apps on brokenstones and upload it
2- jump on popular e-learning stuff on Bitme and upload it
3- find some older big size files on Bitme that aren't on Oink, always interest a couple of persons
4- Doing this from a seedbox for best result

This is my guide to grow a big fat piggy, i remember doing 200 gigs buffer in 2 weeks this way so not bad :D

AmpeD
10-17-2007, 03:28 AM
e-learning videos are the way i do it, i got 40 gigs up of those on my slow connection. if u have a slow connection big files are good to upload b/c u get to seed the entire thing at least once before someone with a seedbox ruins the fun

Polarbear
10-17-2007, 03:38 AM
e-learning videos are the way i do it,

yeah, i heard quite a few times, that people are quite successful with this method.

though i never had any problems just seeding the stuff back that i downloaded.

i still upload a lot there because it's fun sharing my music with others.

but you can easily keep the minimum ratio with just downloading and leave the stuff seeding for a week or so.

spark
10-17-2007, 03:40 AM
When i needed to built a buffer in Oink (mine is really fat already now :D), i used to

3- find some older big size files on Bitme that aren't on Oink, always interest a couple of persons

This is my guide to grow a big fat piggy, i remember doing 200 gigs buffer in 2 weeks this way so not bad :D

:angry: You posted my secret in public :lol:

kirktrix
10-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Votes in request and when the file filled grab it first... i do this several times and it boost my ratio but sometimes i missed it..but it is a great help in buffering your account.

Polarbear
10-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Votes in request and when the file filled grab it first... i do this several times and it boost my ratio but sometimes i missed it..but it is a great help in buffering your account.

buffering is for n00bs. leeching rulez! :P

Kyl3KK
10-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Thanks guys!

kirktrix
10-17-2007, 04:16 AM

Need some Buffers before the ultimate leeching....:lol::P

Polarbear
10-17-2007, 04:17 AM

Need some Buffers before the ultimate leeching....:lol::P

or a site that has no ratio system :naughty:

JA
10-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Having a buffer is always great. But DO be careful with having a buffer too big that it would arouse suspicion... :) I say, keep a good steady 10 or 20 gig buffer is fine, anything more than that is just troublesome.

nihility
10-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Having a buffer is always great. But DO be careful with having a buffer too big that it would arouse suspicion... :) I say, keep a good steady 10 or 20 gig buffer is fine, anything more than that is just troublesome.

because they think youre cheating or because they will think youre gonna trade it?

JA
10-17-2007, 06:22 AM

because they think youre cheating or because they will think youre gonna trade it?
Mhmm:yup:

Ofcourse, i speak from the view of a bad user :P. Im sure if your new to OiNK, and have never had an account their before, and drop by the IRC/Contact one of the staff and speak honestly about your plans on buffering your account etc..they would let you :)

kaoblanco
10-17-2007, 06:23 AM
The latter, more than often.

I keep my buffers somewhat large because come summer I'm moving back to the States and will have a crummy ISP for about six months. Not to say I won't make my best effort to seed back what I download then (how hard is it to simply let your torrents stay alive for a couple weeks, leechers...), but I know it'll be hard to stay above 1.0...

stereonumeral
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
i'm actually with you on having a pretty large buffer on oink. by pretty large i mean about 75gb. and this was primarily from two years on a college dorm room connection, because i knew going home for the summer to crappy cable would destroy anything i'd built up. and it did eat a chunk of it, but my connection off campus now isn't horrible.

it's always useful to check the worst seeded torrents in the top ten [especially when they're huge programs], or if you know there's a big release coming up soon, search for it every few minutes; you're bound to get a bunch of transcoded torrents that everybody will jump on anyway, and it will take the mods a while to actually take them down so you can usually get your money's worth out of it if you're on early. plus, if you stumble on to someone who uploaded the real thing, then you're in really early for what you know will be a massive swarm.

KFlint
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM

:angry: You posted my secret in public :lol:

doh :pinch: sorry mate ;)