PDA

View Full Version : Oink and music trackers in general...

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I while ago I did a couple of trades, mainly to gain access to Oink. This tracker fulfills a need for music I haven't been able to fulfill anywhere else...

I succeeded in getting an invite but was eventually banned. The admins at Oink told me that the guy I traded with didn't actually own the invite but was somehow trading accounts. Therefore I was trading accounts as well, hence the ban. I respect that, but was very disappointed because I honestly thought the trade was legit(if that at all exists?) and also have a genuine interest in sharing and listening to music.

This thread isn't about me obtaining another invite to oink. The admins said I can never get into that tracker again. What motivates me is my interest in music, so if anyone can help me get in the right direction I'll appreciate it.

Do you think there is any way to verify to the admins that I have good intentions? Will they ever let me back inside?

If no, does anyone know of any trackers comparable to oink?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

cpg
10-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Well...First u should tell us what music genre u like most?In what are u mostly interested?
There are a lot, a lot of music trackers out there.

kirktrix
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry for you bro.. Oink is the best tracker for music...If you only have patience to wait for someone to give you an invite..This will not happen...:(

About trackers with Music you can try STMusic, FileMP3 and SCC they have a MP3 categories and it is freeleech....

thejosher
10-17-2007, 02:18 PM
There is always libble. Nowhere near the quality of oink but it has a decent number of releases.

For scene stuff the sites kirktrix mentioned are good.

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I find it hard to demarcate my musical interests but when I look at my collection it is mostly rock. Although I have some rarities and special items it covers more or less mainstream artists from the 60's to the present. But what I am looking for is good quality recordings from lesser known artists. These are typically in the genres bluegrass, classical, jazz, minimal house/techno, world music, indie music and hip-hop.

I know that's a lot, but I have very wide interests. Although at the moment I'm not that much into dance, trance or hardcore metal....

Hope that narrows it down a bit :)

Thanks kirktrix, I'll look into the ones you mentioned!

But don't you think they'll ban me again even though someone actually gave me an invite? I figure they flagged me as a cheater in their system, so if i ever get back in they'll just throw me back out...

thejosher
10-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Less the staff of oink be lurking, I'm not suggesting this.. but it's very much a possibility that if you have a new IP and different username/email you'd be fine. Just the way bans work.

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I get it. Unless I can convince the staff I'm not a cheater I'll have to live without Oink. Since there not taking any chances (I wouldn't either) that's the bottom line...

That's a hard one to swallow but I'll manage :)

Signed up at Libble. Looks interesting - Thanks!

cpg
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I can add softmp3.org. It's also great tracker for music,and I think it has free sign ups at the moment.
Also musictorrents.ro wasn't mentioned here.

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Softmp3 looks pretty cool. Sign up was indeed free! Thank you cpg!

Also free sign up at filemp3 :)

Does anyone have an invite to SCC?

blackbird
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Softmp3 looks pretty cool. Sign up was indeed free! Thank you cpg!

Also free sign up at filemp3 :)

you can also try soulseek .. ;)

Sunnydown
10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I have been wanting to become a member of Oink for a while now... and I do not understand how you can be banned from an invite... did someone hijack your inviters pw?

(dumb girl)
Sun

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Tried that years back, but didn't really use it that much. Maybe it's time to give it another go...

Thanks

redcorvette
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
indietorrents? ex***? btmusic?

tried any of those? the latter 2 are lossless and oldies trackers. the first is no MPAA/RIAA labelled music.

SteveSanders
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I have been wanting to become a member of Oink for a while now... and I do not understand how you can be banned from an invite... did someone hijack your inviters pw?

(dumb girl)
Sun

I traded invites with a guy who apparently wasn't a user at oink. I haven't figured it all out but I think he gave me another guys invite somehow... :dry:

indietorrents? ex***? btmusic?

tried any of those? the latter 2 are lossless and oldies trackers. the first is no MPAA/RIAA labelled music.

Would love any one of those! They do require invites though...

Does anybody have a spare invite to these trackers?

thejosher
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
I can give you an invite to indietorrents provided you can assure me that you'll actually use it. Name an example indie (non-RIAA affiliated) band you like and PM me your email and you've got it.