PDA

View Full Version : Taking Pics Of Movies. How Is It Done?

Xx_Vash_xX
07-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Exactly how do I take pics of videos I'm watching on WMP? Is there a way to do this?

Or is there any other media player that has the function built in?

MediaSlayer
07-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks to livy and wolf(they showed me how) I can help. There are two ways, one is sloppy, the other is cleaner. The sloppy way is to use the print screen button. Pause the movie at the preferred moment, then press the print screen button. Then open paint or any other image/paint program and click edit then paste. Paste should paste your screenshot. The better way is to use bs player, it has the frame capture feature built-in(shift-p). It saves it to the bs directory so look for it in there somewhere. Oh and if you ever get a distorted image you have to turn off video acceleration in control panel>appearance and themes>display>troubleshoot(tab)>hardware acceleration"none"

MetroStars
07-12-2003, 06:51 PM
MediaSlayer is 100% right

[B][O][T]
07-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Or http://www.fraps.com

BOT

Xx_Vash_xX
07-12-2003, 07:12 PM
When using bs player is there anyway to make the pics larger when you save them? (without using ps or psp, otherwise I'll have no choice)

ck-uk
07-12-2003, 07:30 PM
U could also tri powerdvd or virtualdub they both capture..bs player is just shit full stop imo.

Xilo
07-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Windows Media player already has a function to capture an image. I don't recall exactly what it is at the moment but it is in there. Do a search in the help or try every ctrl+letter combo lol.

Xx_Vash_xX
07-12-2003, 08:48 PM
One of my videos are freaking out when I play it. It just gives me a gray screen however I can hear the sound.

what's the problem?

Xilo
07-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Codec problem most likely.

MediaSlayer
07-12-2003, 08:54 PM
When using bs player is there anyway to make the pics larger when you save them? (without using ps or psp, otherwise I'll have no choice)
open the movie in bs player and resize to the size you prefer by dragging the edge of the window. Then right click the window. Capture frame>What you see.

Xx_Vash_xX
07-12-2003, 09:47 PM
dang is there anyway to solve the codec problem?

these are what I've gotten so far:

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/ladies/bscap0003.jpg

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/ladies/bscap0002.jpg

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/ladies/bscap0004.jpg

MediaSlayer
07-13-2003, 08:04 AM
You have 2 choices when it comes to codecs. One is more permenant, and the other is more temporary and less invasive.
1) Install a real codec pack such as the one offered here at doa2.host.sk

2)a sufficient alternative would be to install the video lan player. It doesn't need real codecs it has plug-ins.

Xilo
07-13-2003, 04:44 PM
I prefer the nimo codec pack over the klite one.

MediaSlayer
07-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Actually, for the serious enthusiasts I would recommend Milan Cutka's ffvfw and ffdshow available from sourceforge.

Xx_Vash_xX
07-13-2003, 07:01 PM
where can I get these codecs?

microsft
07-13-2003, 07:28 PM
media slayer since, u know so much about media, i have downloaded k-ltie codec pack the pack helped me play some movies!! which was all well and good, but not long after i had problems with working movies, they all started having some kind of frame diffucuties, every time some one/thing moved in the file the screen would go blure and contune form there :(

DarkBlizzard
07-13-2003, 07:40 PM
The Codec Pack has never fixed my windows media player problem ( It flickers ) So i just always use BS Player....BS Player is awesome...it makes videos look very very nice....i watched The Matrix Reloaded on BS Player like 2 months ago. It was extremely nice quality.

MediaSlayer
07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
You have 2 choices when it comes to codecs. One is more permenant, and the other is more temporary and less invasive.
1) Install a real codec pack such as the one offered here at doa2.host.sk

2)a sufficient alternative would be to install the video lan player. It doesn't need real codecs it has plug-ins.
I realize now this post could have been clearer. My fault. I didn't say which was which for one thing.
The more invasive and more permenant way to install codecs is to install a real codec pack. K-lite, nimo, tsunami, and divx are common ones. Each one comes with different codecs, each one will do different things.
If you want to play it safe, don't install a pack, install the video lan player instead.
This is the less invasive method. I'm guessing one reason the packs are recommended more often is because you CANNOT encode without the official codec for a fourcc(type of codec). To encode divx, for example, you need the codec. Just having video lan installed will not work. You see, video lan comes with its own homemade plug-ins that improvise each codec so it will play in the video lan player. Mplayer does this too but it was written under linux and the windows version is not stable imho. In short, you can choose between installing a codec pack and possibly running into codec problems, depending on your situation, or installing video lan but not being able to encode movies.