PDA

View Full Version : Ftn Question

eurovox
10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
FTN is a high level tracker. I see a lot of people asking/begging for an invite.
I wanted to know how the invite system works on ftn?

Eg. on sct you have to pay for an invite.

Bfietta
10-18-2007, 10:27 PM
you can request invites in a forum topic from time to time,
you have to been a member for 12 weeks I think to be able to request, but only the most active users get invites. meny of all that request are denied.

asafb
10-18-2007, 10:27 PM
in FTN you need to be FTN power(8 weeks old member+200 GB upload)only to request an invite..

kaula
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
There is a request section, but only good members with a "clean" download history are able to get invites..

Detale
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
You don't HAVE to pay for an invite on SCT you can have alot Uled and ask for 1

supper
10-18-2007, 10:32 PM
You don't HAVE to pay for an invite on SCT you can have alot Uled and ask for 1not working for me:(

SgtMajor
10-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Which means paying for a seedbox, paying for invites is cheaper & easier for some :)

Cmon
10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
alot Uled like what? 10tb?

KinkyAfro
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM

Which means paying for a seedbox, paying for invites is cheaper & easier for some :)

Not many will pay 20 euro's to invite someone which means they get the money from the invitee and a pay to join system is hardly good for a private tracker.

xnightmare
10-19-2007, 03:52 AM
it isnt a good system at all i think to have a pay for invites system, but hey ya gotta make money somehow and it works for them. Ive never been on sct but i do have ftn and its great being as there is no download ratios and only upload is counted now. Sct i heard is hard to seed at and a friend of mine has 500gb uploaded and still no invites.

silvertec
10-19-2007, 05:05 AM
FTN is a high level tracker. I see a lot of people asking/begging for an invite.

Crap sct you don't pay for invites:frusty:

Detale
10-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Someone there told me if you seed like hell and you are active in their forums you can ask for invites. I don't know how true it was but it was a member of Staff that told me that

InTooDeep
10-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Someone there told me if you seed like hell and you are active in their forums you can ask for invites. I don't know how true it was but it was a member of Staff that told me that

I think that this only goes for the closest friends(or whatever) of the staff over at SCT...

silhoutte
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM

Nice example. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

eurovox
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Donate for an invite.

silhoutte
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Donate for an invite.

What would you call when you pay for an already price-listed item as like 10 euros for ... , 20 euros for ... ?

Are you 'donating' when you pay your restaurant bill? How different is sct?

mbucari1
10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Donate for an invite.

What would you call when you pay for an already price-listed item as like 10 euros for ... , 20 euros for ... ?

Are you 'donating' when you pay your restaurant bill? How different is sct?
And I suppose you were donating every month before their new policy so that more drastic measures of meeting server costs wouldn't be necessary?

silhoutte
10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Every site does this. They have to. BUt for a temporary basis until they find enough to meet server costs. That doesn't mean you will only receive invites if if you 'donate'. Now that they have started giving out invites to uploaders (and may be VIPS too) doesn't mean that power users, power whores... shouldn't receive any, which is not practiced in any tracker. It is purely the abuses that tend them increase their userbase and the new invite policy now. Are users 'nothing' on a tracker? Or all the Mods and uploaders are enough? What about those users who donated in the past? Are they not entitled to have invites too? Or have they already got what they have paid for?

sovaz
10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
There is a request section, but only good members with a "clean" download history are able to get invites..
+1

@kaula
Its not tat hard to seed at sct...there are more leechers than on ftn. But u r right...no1 is getting invites at sct even not the whores...unless u pay of course.

Yesum
10-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I got a question about FTN. Is it true they got a new ratio system? I heard about it sometime ago. You can download anything you want, but you must seed for 36 hours. It's like free leech all the time, but you gotta seed every torrent for sometime before you can delete it. This means that the buffer you've built up won't do you any good.

Correct?

Brandon
10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Sort of.. You aren't required to have a buffer to leech like on most sites, but those that would have a buffer will have special perks when we finish the second part of the system.

Cmon
10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Yesum: ratio 1:1 or 36 hours, so yea

Adam1990
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Sort of.. You aren't required to have a buffer to leech like on most sites, but those that would have a buffer will have special perks when we finish the second part of the system.

What is phase 2??!!! ;)

_coder_
10-19-2007, 06:07 PM
perks

Oh I love that word

Polarbear
10-19-2007, 09:38 PM
perks

Oh I love that word

i had to look it up in the dictionary. :D

now i'm very curious.

silhoutte