PDA

View Full Version : alt.binaries.test

Sextent
10-19-2007, 10:42 AM
prisoner_CBH_s02e123.part28.rar14104

True Story

Something Else
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh god I used to watch that at 5 a.m. with my broheim.......hmmm..all the Neighbours actors start out as lesbians there don't you know...(or they used to about 15 yrs ago when I watched it)

chalice
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
"Bea, ya baaastid!!"

"Lizzie, ya aul drongo!!!"

"Catch ya lader, ya dingo's flip-flop".

Quality TV.

Sextent
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Quality TV.

Like all the classics, 2 series and that's yer lot. Don't want to run out of good ideas.

chalice
10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Quality TV.

Like all the classics, 2 series and that's yer lot. Don't want to run out of good ideas.

Only 2 series? Man, it seemed to go on forever.

That show had it all. The dodgy sets, the evil lesbos, Doreen and her teddy bear, Alf off of Home and Away, the actrocious acting, the theme tune from Hades.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Barbarossa
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Isn't there like 800+ episodes or something :blink:

Something Else
10-19-2007, 11:08 AM
692 apparently....1st season dvdrips are out :hooray:

Sextent
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM

I have no idea how many series, I was just juxtaposing the idea of >2 series equals drop in quality (Fawlty Towers, The Office, Dinner Ladies, Phoenix Nights all stopped at 2) with the idea of Series 2 episode 123.

chalice
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM

I have no idea how many series, I was just juxtaposing the idea of >2 series equals drop in quality (Fawlty Towers, The Office, Dinner Ladies, Phoenix Nights all stopped at 2) with the idea of Series 2 episode 123.

Patrick McGoohan had the right idea. One series of The Prisoner, no resolutions and no compromise. Leaves your head totally banjaxed (in a good way).

Sextent
10-19-2007, 11:39 AM

Patrick McGoohan had the right idea. One series of The Prisoner, no resolutions and no compromise. Leaves your head totally banjaxed (in a good way).

If memory serves he actually wanted it a wee bit longer but he was told to finish it. Hence the mad as fuck ending.

That might be pish but.

chalice
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
He had originally planned to do 7 episodes and stop. ITV wanted 22 eps but McGoohan trimmed it down to 17. He actually wrote quite a few eps himself under various nom de plumes.

Sextent
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
He had originally planned to do 7 episodes and stop. ITV wanted 22 eps but McGoohan trimmed it down to 17. He actually wrote quite a few eps himself under various nom de plumes.

So I was talking total pish. Couldn't have been more wrong in fact.

That makes sence.

chalice
10-19-2007, 12:14 PM
From Wiki:

{According to author James Follett, a protege of Prisoner co-creator George Markstein, Markstein had mapped out an explanation for the Village. In George Markstein's mind, a young Number Six had once submitted a proposal for how to deal with retired secret agents who posed a security risk. Six's idea was to create a comfortable retirement centre where former agents could live out their final years, enduring firm but unintrusive surveillance.

Years later, Six discovered that his idea had been put into practice, and not as a benign means of retirement, but as an interrogation centre and a prison camp. Outraged, Six staged his own resignation, knowing he would be brought to the Village, hoping he could learn everything he could of how his idea had been implemented and expanded upon and find a way to destroy it. However, due to the range of nationalities and agents present in the Village, Six realized he was not sure whose Village he was in -- the one brought about by his own people, or by the other side. Presumably, Markstein intended this revelation to follow Once Upon A Time. However, Markstein's falling out with McGoohan resulted in Markstein's departure, and his original intent was discarded.

According to Markstein: "The Prisoner was going to leave the Village and he was going to have adventures in many parts of the world, but ultimately he would always be a prisoner. By that I don't mean he would always go back to the Village. He would always be a prisoner of his circumstances, his situation, his secret, his background... and 'they' would always be there to ensure that his captivity continues."}

This never came to fruition though. The popular consensus (wading through all of the gobbledegook) is that Number 6's ordeals in the Village were his initiation to his finally becoming Number 1. However, the final ep was a total headfuck and entirely open to interpetation. So your guess is as good as mine.

Sextent
10-19-2007, 12:32 PM
That actually makes sense.

Including the headfuck bit.