PDA

View Full Version : Do u still Feel Proud To be a member of SCT

Ghost+Rider
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
lol 1 K userlimit increased Again :pinch:I won't comment cuz i can't listen to those dirty replies by SCT lovers :P Oops SCT whores :happy:

Edit:2000X20 Euros <3 :lol:

Presto
10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow, what a dumb thread.

Why would one not like sct anymore, because of a userlimit raise? It's the tracker you like not the userlimit, innit? Or am I missing something

Ghost+Rider
10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, what a dumb thread.

Why would one not like sct anymore, because of a userlimit raise? It's the tracker you like not the userlimit, innit? Or am I missing something

Yeh i always make dumb posts that was nothing new i guess :whistling

Yeah we shudn't even care if they increase the userlimit to 20k n 30 k n so on... lolz and yeah they also tell u that they won't mind if u invite leechers..Make it another demonoid I say :lol:

2lacx20 Euros=Wtf :D

Presto
10-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, then you don't differ much from me. :drool:

Jaggster
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm not a member of SCT, but i just don't understand why u guys care so much about the userlimit and get annoyed when its raised a bit? Whats the big deal? :ermm:

cRaZyzMaN
10-19-2007, 02:33 PM
don't like sct

Cmon
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Fine for me, prefer smaller though

whiteboy
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Looks like someone either couldn't score an invite or got banned.

dragos
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
2000X20 Euros <3 :lol:

this kind of remarcs are starting to be lamers trademark

jasperr
10-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Looks like someone either couldn't score an invite or got banned.

+2...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

KSA
10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Yes, i am proud, i will always be.

beco
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
yes I'm ...still Proud to be part of sct ...always be:yup:

ZedZedZed
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I donīt feel proud to be a member of sct, there`s nothing to be proud of :P

thelevy23
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
i love sct because of it's content only
sct community is not so good though

zizo85
10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
i always proud to be member at sct
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1151/sctloverg6.gif

Detale
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
The question still remains what does the userlimit have to do with you disliking a site?? SCT is a good quality tracker with helpful staff and pretty much the fastest Pre-times and Speed out there. I dont understand why this "2000X20 Euros" keeps coming up either. You have to pay the bills right? Anyway I voted Yes

dragos
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
SCT is a good quality tracker with helpful staff and pretty much the fastest Pre-times and Speed out there.

you forgot about the best content

Drak0
10-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Will always be 1 of my favorites.:D
Teh wh0res have more leechers now :P

Detale
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
SCT is a good quality tracker with helpful staff and pretty much the fastest Pre-times and Speed out there.

Oh thats right and the nicest car, and the hottest GF , and the biggest c*ck too did I miss anything else??

Mrststyle
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
i don't have an account there...so..i don;t know...how it feels :-<..

Tokeman
10-19-2007, 04:29 PM
i don't have an account there...so..i don;t know...how it feels :-<..

Well thanks for that great observation there.
Site hasn't changed, so whats the big deal? I'm still happy to be there...

fstrulz
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Oh thats right and the nicest car, and the hottest GF , and the biggest c*ck too did I miss anything else??
Hottest staff (Spooky and lush)...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/melaniehendel/IMG_5885.jpg

Brandon
10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
SCT used to have a very different image (i was one of the first ones there way back) where it was sorta how FTN is now, exclusive and private. Now it's in a state of constant expansion and growth, resorted to p2l, users pay for the sct seed server, and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up.. Personally I'm sad about how disappointed I am in sct from what I used to love so much about it.. SCT to me is now just another TL. The day people stop paying for sct's 90 triple quad core 9GB ram super xeon servers, sct will die.
I would love to see how xmore, zasx, and the others feel about what it's become today..

Anyways, a bit off topic sorry.
I believe the original poster was referring to how sct isn't as "elite" as it once was because it's so easy to get into now. When you say "yea I'm on sct" chances are the other person will say "yep, me too."
For example: Friend of mine was able to pm a staff member and buy their way in.

Anyways, I saw two people ask what this thread was all about, this was my take on it.

Sylar666
10-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I love SCT. Issue of donating and SOME STERN look behind the scenes won't make me change my love and passion.:) SCT has been one of the best trackers and it will remain so - for a considerable time. Anyway, who cares that much about Torrents - politics? Let's seed and leech! And enjoy some quality- content!;)

spark
10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I use SCT :)

_coder_
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey Brandon dont you think you should change your sig now seeing as your back as a staff member at FTN :D

Brandon
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Brandon dont you think you should change your sig now seeing as your back as a staff member at FTN :D

I'm not staff at FTN. This question prob would have been better in a PM on FTN though since this thread is about sct ;)

_coder_
10-19-2007, 05:46 PM

I'm not staff at FTN. This question prob would have been better in a PM on FTN though since this thread is about sct ;)

Sorry for being off topic I was just a bit curious since your name is displayed on the staff page so im a bit confused now :huh:

asalada
10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I havent been a member of sct though i want it so much, so it would be a good idea to raise the limit, but how do i get in anyway?

_coder_
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I havent been a member of sct though i want it so much, so it would be a good idea to raise the limit, but how do i get in anyway?

Make a friend or pay someone ;)

Swax
10-19-2007, 05:54 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I heard the Staff charge for Passkey Resets too now....get real :dry:

kavselj
10-19-2007, 06:05 PM
SCT used to have a very different image (i was one of the first ones there way back) where it was sorta how FTN is now, exclusive and private. Now it's in a state of constant expansion and growth, resorted to p2l, users pay for the sct seed server, and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up.. Personally I'm sad about how disappointed I am in sct from what I used to love so much about it.. SCT to me is now just another TL. The day people stop paying for sct's 90 triple quad core 9GB ram super xeon servers, sct will die.
I would love to see how xmore, zasx, and the others feel about what it's become today..

Anyways, a bit off topic sorry.
I believe the original poster was referring to how sct isn't as "elite" as it once was because it's so easy to get into now. When you say "yea I'm on sct" chances are the other person will say "yep, me too."

Anyways, I saw two people ask what this thread was all about, this was my take on it.

Since when is anyone forced to donate/pay anything to use ScT? Site does use the donation money for the seedbox, but no one is forced to donate. All contribution are purely voluntary. Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

And comparing ScT with TL is also quite funny. What exactly is the same about these two sites?

Besides what is wrong with growth? 17k users is a nice number indeed and it has it's benefits. There are more peers and that is the also one of the reasons for the good speeds. Torrents live a lot longer etc. Sure, it's cool to have a private community of 6k users, but that also has it's downsides :)

As for my vote, yeah I am still proud to be a member.

Feeling
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Now it's in a state of constant expansion and growth

:yup: The future.

resorted to p2l,

:noes:

users pay for the sct seed server,

:yup: Yep, and its all explained to them what they are donating too

and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up..

You still have lots of uploaders, over 30 and we are still all in irc having a laugh, we still all stay up late and have fun. Pulling this info out of your ass again :ermm:

SCT to me is now just another TL.

:rolleyes:

Site wouldn't exist, simple as that.

And, just lol. Stop making up bullshit, your life revolves around making up bullshit to get on with your lilo life.

/Fee

dragos
10-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

p2l means you have to pay if you want to leech. Which is not the case in ANY private tracker. This is the pure , unaltered definition of this term. Now what others are making it seem, it's a different story. Mainly to bash other sites and up their's. The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days

blackbird
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days

but in FTN you dont have to pay to invite a friend .. :dry:

kavselj
10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days

You don't have to pay on ScT either. There are 25k invites out there waiting to be handed out. Too bad for you if you have no one to invite you ;) Again people are misinterpreting the whole thing. When you donate, you DO NOT pay for invite. If you would be paying for it, then that wouldn't be a donation anymore ;) You can choose invite along with a donation, but you're not paying for the invite, you're donating to the site and getting a free invite as a bonus.

blackbird
10-19-2007, 06:34 PM

You don't have to pay on ScT either. There are 25k invites out there waiting to be handed out. Too bad for you if you have no one to invite you ;) Again people are misinterpreting the whole thing. When you donate, you DO NOT pay for invite. If you would be paying for it, then that wouldn't be a donation anymore ;) You can choose invite along with a donation, but you're not paying for the invite, you're donating to the site and getting a free invite as a bonus.

been a member there for a while now ..:rolleyes:
and i have invited people to SCT before.. but now the only way to get an invite is to donate ..

no more invites for good sharer's !

KinkyAfro
10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
How about the fact if I wanted SCT invite I could get several in 24 hours without any friends, just a paypal account. Hell, a site was even offering them with discounts on 3 if you had 2 friends.

Swax
10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
but now the only way to get an invite is to donate ..

How else would you suggest doing it? Giving out 1 invite to every user every year? Completely flood the 'invite economy'? There's already 25,000 invites in the system. Guess it just sucks for you if you don't have any left :slap:

How about the fact if I wanted SCT invite I could get several in 24 hours without any friends, just a paypal account. Hell, a site was even offering them with discounts on 3.

You could get any invite you wanted using Paypal. FTN, SCC, TL etc.. you name it it's available. Since when did trackers become directly responsible for 3rd Party sites/people that sell their invites against their wishes?

KinkyAfro
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't have to use a third party site, all I would do is PM SCT users and it wouldn't take long before someone agreed to donate for me.

Polarbear
10-19-2007, 07:33 PM
i voted yes.

i hope new users means more leecher.

so if you are one of the thousand new members:

welcome! now go and leeeeeech!!!!:D

game1283
10-19-2007, 08:32 PM
more leechers :) let them invite their leecher friends :woot:

Vidde
10-19-2007, 11:19 PM
No, I'm not proud to be a member. I'm not proud to be a member anywhere, it's "only" torrentsites :)

However, how do some of you make it that 1000 more slots is equal to 20,000 euros? That's beyond my understanding.

Maybe Feeling, kiimi or other staffers here wouldn't mind running an SQL query to the database, resolving exactly how many unused invites it's out there, and post here?
(At NB, before I left as an admin, we had over 6,000 unused invites, cause some ppl are only joining the site, DL'ing stuff, and that's it.)

I know I have 3 unused and have invited 12 ppl, never paid a cent for'em, cause I only invite ppl I fully trust, and that's not many.. If you just throw'em around you, ofc you'll have to gain'em with other measures, but that's your problem, and yours only.

ScT is a good site with fast enuf pretimes, the staffers are different, some are nice, some are.. not. But the speeds there.. Amazingly fast, I haven't experienced a single time where I haven't maxed my pipe, so... kudos ;)

Cheers, folx
-Vidde <3

Detale
10-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Agree 1000% or is that 20,000 euro% either way right on man!!

Swax
10-20-2007, 01:43 AM
ScT is a good site...the staffers are different, some are nice, some are.. not...

:ermm:

Brandon
10-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Since when is anyone forced to donate/pay anything to use ScT? Site does use the donation money for the seedbox, but no one is forced to donate. All contribution are purely voluntary. Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

And comparing ScT with TL is also quite funny. What exactly is the same about these two sites?

Besides what is wrong with growth? 17k users is a nice number indeed and it has it's benefits. There are more peers and that is the also one of the reasons for the good speeds. Torrents live a lot longer etc. Sure, it's cool to have a private community of 6k users, but that also has it's downsides :)

As for my vote, yeah I am still proud to be a member.

A: Comparing to sct was a figure of speech.. Think about that.
B: nothing wrong with growth, i was just giving my personal opinion.

resorted to p2l,

:noes:

um.. dude paying for gigs is called p2l. You guys even stated in the words "we had to go p2l to stay up".. Everyone knows you went from being a regular site to p2l :blink: You don't really have to deny that one because.. it's pretty obvious.. to anyone.. lol..?

users pay for the sct seed server,

:yup: Yep, and its all explained to them what they are donating too

I know it is, was just making a factual comment. So is, once they stop donating, you're screwed.

and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up..

You still have lots of uploaders, over 30 and we are still all in irc having a laugh, we still all stay up late and have fun. Pulling this info out of your ass again :ermm:

Nope, just find it funny how so far 6-7 of your uploaders have come to FTN because you guys don't "need" them. Good guys too. I pull nothing out of my ass, you're just too arrogant to believe a word I say.

SCT to me is now just another TL.

:rolleyes:

Shit.. Forgot :frusty: I was under the impression this thread was asking our personal opinions.. oops!

Site wouldn't exist, simple as that.

Wrong again. Site was only having financial troubles because you guys were too ambitious and needed more and more and more requiring more and more and more. Simple finance, you should really have kimii help you guys out with financial understanding.

And, just lol. Stop making up bullshit, your life revolves around making up bullshit to get on with your lilo life.

Only bullshit i've ever had in my life that u know about, was when I actually stood up for you against Chriz because I believe YOU were the innocent person.. That sure was a wake up call. Just because you have more people on sct backing you up b/c of fear of losing their accts for saying wrong (I'm an example), doesn't mean people will believe you over me. I'm sure 99% of people here are smart enough to believe that you would never come here and admit to anything bad, just like nobody else would ;)

/Bee

Skiz
10-20-2007, 02:39 AM
You trackers need to just agree to disagree and move on with your lives. This constant clucking is just sad.

You'll never resolve your issues, so just let it go.

How about you put each other on your ignore lists? That's the best idea I've had all day, come to think of it. :smilie4: