PDA

View Full Version : RSS, uTorrent and Wine

puckface
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Anyone solved the "invalid torrent" problem using RSS feeds while running utorrent in Wine under Linux? Is there a way around it using other tools?

If so, any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks

Fibre
10-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Why not try rTorrent & RSSDler :)

KFlint
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
i use a workaround solution to this problem for bitmetv rssfeed, that's the only rss i use but it works for any trackers

basically it works as follow :

1 - you install and configure a perl script that does the job of rssfeed parsing and downloading torrent (i can provide you the script, i found the original on bitmetv forums but i fixed some bugs)
2 - you add this script to the crontab of your linux server to run every 5 minutes
3 - all the torrents downloaded from this script goes in a specific folder, so you configured utorrent to look automatically in this folder for new torrents to download

works like a charm and you can still use utorrent :)

but you have to know how to install perl modules with CPAN and some good general linux knowledge

i'm sure you can find any third-party software for the rss downloading part and still use the utorrent automatic download feature with it ;)

stathis
10-19-2007, 05:03 PM
KFlint i would appreciate if you could send me the script you mentioned. I will PM you my email addy if that's ok with you.

Thanks

KFlint
10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
KFlint i would appreciate if you could send me the script you mentioned. I will PM you my email addy if that's ok with you.

Thanks

sure PM me your mail mate

Fibre
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Sounds like RSSDler is far more appropriate for the job :)