PDA

View Full Version : NB overrated?

yazh58
10-20-2007, 01:49 AM
i just recently got a NB account, and was very ecited. :D
it's a lvl 7 tracker, so it must be crazy good right? the seeder to leecher ratio is good, but the content isn't. i don't see anything that i wouldn't find on TL, a lvl 3 tracker, which i still use to this date? Am i missing something here? y is NB so valuable to others? plus in order to promote to a power user, u have to at least upload 100GB!!!??:wacko: wats up with that?

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 01:57 AM
How come you know the level of different trackers?..... You still cannot access the Bittorent invites section...Is this a dupe account?

BTW: Nope is is not overrated if you based your rating on WIAW....

tirthakrit
10-20-2007, 03:27 AM
There is hardly anything I dont get on Demonoid.

Grind$oFine
10-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Levels can be very deceiving.
Sites are very often overrated... and underrated, you shouldn't base your judgements on level, rarity doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Try to find out as much info as possible on trackers before you get them, look at screen shots, and ask members what the fuss is about, etc.

&& kirktrix, the WIAW is posted on many different sites, it comes up a lot of places, too. :idunno:

DKre8ive1
10-20-2007, 04:33 AM
i just recently got a NB account, and was very ecited. :D
it's a lvl 7 tracker, so it must be crazy good right? the seeder to leecher ratio is good, but the content isn't. i don't see anything that i wouldn't find on TL, a lvl 3 tracker, which i still use to this date? Am i missing something here? y is NB so valuable to others? plus in order to promote to a power user, u have to at least upload 100GB!!!??:wacko: wats up with that?

And this is why the thread should really be taken as a guideline not a rule I mean most people have different opinions on what a good tracker is so congrats on having a different opinion on what is the best tracker.

Also having a 100 gb up is a low standard in my opinion.

Tagentx
10-20-2007, 04:35 AM
How come you know the level of different trackers?..... You still cannot access the Bittorent invites section...Is this a dupe account?

Most forums copy FST wiaw rankings, why do you jump to conclusions. I used to have people copy FST's wiaw thread so I could see what trackers are worth.

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 04:56 AM

Most forums copy FST wiaw rankings, why do you jump to conclusions. I used to have people copy FST's wiaw thread so I could see what trackers are worth.

Ok i understand... NO harm done, it just a question..:) Peace....

@yazh58 if you want a ranking based on the contents,speed and Pretimes check out this thread...It will help you to find some good trackers...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-worth-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742

Jupiter
10-20-2007, 07:36 AM
NB isn`t working for me almost a week . How did you get there ?

silhoutte
10-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Not talking about the level, but to answer your question, NB is a cool site with the coolest staff. They are open to anyone without barriers of countries or people. As far as i know, there is no ip range ban for any region. They have a nice collection of stuff, especially DVDs, an irc channel with Mods and people always ready to help. I'm not Nordic but still i'm always greatly treated by people there. Finally the rarity of invites keeps cheaters and retards out of the equation. Their staff's attitude towards FST members are great and what they want us not to do is reasonable. Even they encourage foreigners by giving away invites at times.

Sylar666
10-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I second that, silhoutte. No, It isn't overrated. One of the best trackers out there.

Nico
10-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Don't know why you can say that the content isn't that good. Sure it's a norwegian tracker with mostly norwegian stuff, but last time i checked the dvdr collection counted well over 2000 dvdr's (mostly NORDIC.PAL). So i have to disagree with you on that one.
And you don't have to upload 100gb to be a power user.

-Nico

Vidde
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Uhm, how did you manage to try out NB, when it hasn't been online in 15 days?

Cheers
-Vidde

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Uhm, how did you manage to try out NB, when it hasn't been online in 15 days?

Cheers
-Vidde

Maybe the NB he is talking about is different from the level 7 NB....I am also confused....:wacko:

SiNa
10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
lol:lol: he's talking about nordicbits: http://nordicbits.org there you need 100gb upload to be pu

Presto
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I just managed to sign up NB.. w00t

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I just managed to sign up NB.. w00t

Yup they are open for signup...:D

Vidde
10-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Ah, NordicBits :) That's not NB mate ;)

Cheers
-Vidde

Eytan
10-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Cheers
-Vidde

o rly ?? you mean i traded my swedvdr for nordicbites instead of the real NB ?? dammit :cry:

SiNa
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Cheers
-Vidde

o rly ?? you mean i traded my swedvdr for nordicbites instead of the real NB ?? dammit :cry:

what!? you dont even know what you are about to trade? thats lame. but what a rip off:lol:

snowprince
10-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I am sure he means Nordicbits. NB is down since more than a week. Even now I tried and it is down. So I dont think he means Norbits.

Eytan
10-20-2007, 11:56 AM

what!? you dont even know what you are about to trade? thats lame. but what a rip off:lol:

lol.... i was just joking! :D

Xtremist
10-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Its among the best trackers.FSc and **** are the other sites which you might say is crap and over rated.Trust me you dont know what community is :P

yazh58
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
kk srry for my noobness. just wanted to know wat the fuss was about.

briand5379
10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Even if NB was the site in question. The level 7 has nothing to do with what's on the site. It's about how difficult it is to get into the site which doesn't make it better then a level 3. TL is a better tracker then alot of other ones out there.