PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to Organize torrents in utorrent?

davidw89
10-20-2007, 04:48 AM
I've got like 100 complete, 200 uncompleted and sometimes i want to seed for a specific tracker..cuz its a hassle clicking on every torrent file to check the tracker address..
Is there any ways to organize them into sections/folder like bookmarks? so like when i want to seed/download fro ma specific tracker i can select it on the left hand side of the screen

Detale
10-20-2007, 05:26 AM
well I am not sure what you want to do here do you mean in the folder your files are downloaded to? If so change the folder options so incomplete and completed are in two different folders

Or do you mean you keep 300 torrents running in your Utorrent gui? If so remove those things man and re download the .torrent file when you need it. I may be way off base here so please elaborate on exactly what you mean

Grind$oFine
10-20-2007, 05:33 AM
In Azureus you can add "tracker name" to the columns and then organize by that, maybe you can do soemthing similar for utorrent?

:idunno:

feelnight
10-20-2007, 05:36 AM
use: label ,u can organize them as u like

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 06:14 AM
use: label ,u can organize them as u like

Where i can find that?... Got the same problem i like to make my seeding torrents organize.....:)

Edited: Got it.... thanks anyway....

In Azureus you can add "tracker name" to the columns and then organize by that, maybe you can do soemthing similar for utorrent?

:idunno:

Im using 1.7.2 and yes they have a feature like that....

misledhope
10-20-2007, 06:27 AM
you can add a label when you dl the torrent or by simply right clicking.. labels are the greatest thing ever id be lost without them... i just wish you could allocate bandwidth based on label so that when maxing its spread over multiple trackers

DKre8ive1
10-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Or just click on the tracker tab in utorrent and it will organize them by tracker and then I guess pausing all the other trackers except the one you want to seed too should work out.

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Or just click on the tracker tab in utorrent and it will organize them by tracker and then I guess pausing all the other trackers except the one you want to seed too should work out.

Can i edit the name of the tracker... Because the tracker name for oink that appears some are numbers?

tracker.oink.cd and the other is 85.**.**. something like that....

nSyder
10-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Use uTorrent to Organize Your BitTorrent Downloads (http://torrentfreak.com/use-utorrent-to-organize-your-bittorrent-downloads/)

Grind$oFine
10-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Can i edit the name of the tracker... Because the tracker name for oink that appears some are numbers?

tracker.oink.cd and the other is 85.**.**. something like that....

The strange thing about OiNK's tracker is, if you seed a long time, the tracker switches between that and the actual "oink" one.. I never really understood that.

game1283
10-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Use uTorrent to Organize Your BitTorrent Downloads (http://torrentfreak.com/use-utorrent-to-organize-your-bittorrent-downloads/)

it's nice :)

and also nice thread:happy:

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah .....Thanks to this kind of thread it helps people a lot....:)

davidw89
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey guys
Iam using version 1.6.1 because thats the only version bitmetv allow..
so i dont have a choice :(
what other 'universal' versions that most private tracker allow?

kirktrix
10-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey guys
Iam using version 1.6.1 because thats the only version bitmetv allow..
so i dont have a choice :(
what other 'universal' versions that most private tracker allow?

I am using 1.7.2 as of now all my site are allowing this version..Can't access my BitmeTV here they banned my ISP so do not know about that......But As many veterans said here stick with 1.6.1 version. :)