PDA

View Full Version : Can This Be Allowed In An Abortion Topic

Neil__
07-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Abortion views (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=49143&st=120)

Indeed, ScotchGuy. And rape is just something the media made up.

:ninja:

balamm
07-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Can you give your reasons please.
It looks like sarcasm to me but it is a comment anyone might have made. You don't think he seriously believes that do you?

Neil__
07-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Far too enotive to risk that any member could possibly be going through Rape/Abortion or is close to someone who is.

Neil

kAb
07-13-2003, 01:40 AM
what he said is just ignorant. he wasn't thinking about rape (scotchguy)

and for magicnakor, he was being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Neil__
07-13-2003, 01:43 AM
what he said is just ignorant. he wasn't thinking about rape (scotchguy)

and for magicnakor, he was being sarcastic :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE][QUOTE]

It's far too a "bitter" a subject to be discussed openly.
In a kazaa forum
And that post proves it

Neil

balamm
07-13-2003, 01:49 AM
I think he meant that rape is quite real and needed to be factored into the statement. If your complaint about being too emotive were true, then this whole topic and your own views should be deleted as they too might be offensive to someone going through abortion.
We all need to look at this and every topic in this forum in a certain way-

Are the views expressed being forced on you?
Are the views expressed something you could easily ignore?
Could you choose not to read them?
Are they offensive to a significant percentage of readers or at least more than just one.

Not trying to belittle your complaint, but in context, I have to see something so offensive that it would not be in the best interest of the community to allow it. The whole topic is borderline in my opinion but it is being watched closely.
If there are more complaints then things may change.
Another Mod may see things differently though so feel free to ask.

Neil__
07-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by balamm@13 July 2003 - 02:49
I think he meant that rape is quite real and needed to be factored into your statement. If your complaint about being too emotive were true, then this whole topic and your own views should be deleted as they too might be offensive to someone going through abortion.
We all need to look at this and ever topic in this forum in a certain way-

Are the views expressed being forced on you?
Are the views expressed something you could easily ignore?
Could you choose not to read them?
Are they offensive to a significant percentage of readers or at least more just one.

Not trying to belittle your complaint, but in context, I have to see something so offensive that it would not be in the best interest of the community to allow it. The whole topic is borderline in my opinion but it is being watched closely.
If there are more complaints then things may change.
Another Mod may see things differently though so feel free to ask.

ok so it's official

You can say what you like

Free non censored posting however emotive the content.

And if you don't like it Don't be so sensitive

Neil

abigspidermonkey
07-13-2003, 01:59 AM
I think that aportion is controversial, but that also makes it a great debate. Whats wrong with a little debating, I thought that what forum boards are for? :blink:

balamm
07-13-2003, 02:02 AM
I'd call that creative thinking.
My post was clear.
Your's appears to be an emotional reaction to not getting the reaction you had hoped.

Now I'm insulted. Should I delete your post and close this topic?

What would be the point?

You've stated how you feel and I've stated my position.

As I said, feel free to ask another mod for an interpretation.

Neil__
07-13-2003, 02:02 AM
The offencive people make this debate (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=49143) far too painful for the forum to take it's patrons so lightly.

as you cannot control content then I think it isn't under your control.

Neil

You've stated how you feel and I've stated my position.

As I said, feel free to ask another mod for an interpretation.

edit :
I have asked Rat Faced.
and I ask of all mod's that have an opinion.

Neil__
07-13-2003, 02:38 AM
I think any topic on this subject (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=49143) should be closed as soon as it becomes controversial,
And not by me making any complaintt.
It did that on it's own

Neil

clocker
07-13-2003, 02:41 AM
I don't really understand your position at all, Neil.

Should you find the topic in question to be "emotive", then simply quit visiting it.
Others are free to do the same.
Why should your definition of a touchy subject set the limits for us all?

MagicNakor
07-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Perhaps you ought to have read the post(s) that I was referring to.

But good work on quoting me out of context.

:ninja:

porkshit
07-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Neil, stop posting topics about what other people say. you cant control it. just becasue they have different views than you doesnt mean that you need to get all upset and ask for every thread you see to be closed. if you dont like whats in a topic, dont go into it anymore. its that simple

Neil__
07-13-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by porkshit@13 July 2003 - 03:44
Neil, stop posting topics about what other people say. you cant control it. just becasue they have different views than you doesnt mean that you need to get all upset and ask for every thread you see to be closed. if you dont like whats in a topic, dont go into it anymore. its that simple

Like i said it's official and has support.
We can say what we like and anybody who complaines should avert their eyes.

I dare not begin.

Neil

kAb
07-13-2003, 02:52 AM
i'm actually working on a forum for serious political debates. check my sig for link, it should be ready in about 2 weeks.

if u don't like what you see, don't look ;)

theprisoner
07-13-2003, 03:00 AM
Neli-"Ignore my typing, I have a keyboard virus."(from your sig)- thats the best idea youve had yet! :lol: :P

Neil__
07-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by theprisoner@13 July 2003 - 04:00
Neli-"Ignore my typing, I have a keyboard virus."(from your sig)- thats the best idea youve had yet! :lol: :P

Have you realy read all my posts?

Neil

kenny g
07-13-2003, 03:08 AM
my goodness neil!! . Do you only want to have discussions on non-emotive issues in case anyone gets upset ? Seems pretty rediculous. You went to a moderator and the moderator disagreed with your judgement . No need to keep on with the whine.

Rat Faced
07-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Neil,

That particular Topic is under constant review.

We cannot make a right/wrong call on this...you saw the crap I got when we closed it to consult with each other....

As far as im concerned, if one person is traumatised then its one person too many....which is why i have and will continue to, delete individual posts on this topic.

Skweeky
07-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Neil__+13 July 2003 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil__ &#064; 13 July 2003 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@13 July 2003 - 02:40
what he said is just ignorant. he wasn&#39;t thinking about rape (scotchguy)

and for magicnakor, he was being sarcastic&nbsp; :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

It&#39;s far too a "bitter" a subject to be discussed openly.
In a kazaa forum
And that post proves it

Neil
I don&#39;t agree. It should be discussed, no matter where....
It might help people

Neil__
07-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@13 July 2003 - 12:44
Neil,

We cannot make a right/wrong call on this...you saw the crap I got when we closed it to consult with each other....

As far as im concerned, if one person is traumatised then its one person too many....which is why i have and will continue to, delete individual posts on this topic.

Does balamm have the right to put me on preview and use that to stop all my posts last night whatever the content?

Neil

junkyardking
07-13-2003, 01:30 PM
I have to say some people here are sounding a little piss weak to me, what&#39;s the point of sheltering yourself from discussions, they are issues which affect the world if we all had the same attiude when someone said somthing offensive then we would&#39;nt get anywhere,
Neil i think it&#39;s time you wake up and grow up from the shelted life you leed. :D

Rat Faced
07-13-2003, 01:37 PM
I dont know the ins and outs of last nights disagreement, rarely is something black and white when people are trying to get a point across to each other.

The bottom line is we can moderate a person or a topic.

If we moderate a topic, then EVERYONE posting there is moderated, however can start another thread and continue the discussion without moderation until its found.

If we Moderate a person, then all their posts get moderated...which is not the instantaneous thing that everyone assumes.

Sometimes a post will not be looked at for a few hours after it was posted...and we only see that post and where it was....NOT the whole thread, and what leads up to that post....

When we are Moderating someone that is going around Flaming, swearing etc...we dont need to see what lead upto the post...for something else we maybe should go and physically look....but again this slows down the whole thing.

Especially at times when the board is busy and we get our "error" pages.

Illuminati
07-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Neil__+13 July 2003 - 13:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil__ &#064; 13 July 2003 - 13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@13 July 2003 - 12:44
Neil,

Does balamm have the right to put me on preview and use that to stop all my posts last night whatever the content?

Neil [/b][/quote]
You went public on this, and others didn&#39;t agree with you. You went to Balamm and he didn&#39;t agree with you. In fact, he didn&#39;t just shun you - he stated his view of this topic and took action to affect all of the board, not just one member.

Since you didn&#39;t like the topic, you&#39;re going out of order of it. Balamm (according to your last post) has put you on moderation - Do you seriously think that you&#39;re a f***ing angel who&#39;s been oppressed?

You should listen to yourself whinging when you calm down <_< Balamm didn&#39;t pu**y-foot about this and he didn&#39;t go overkill on it. He took responsible action as a moderator, and for that he should be applauded.

If you don&#39;t like the flames, stay out of the kitchen <_<

Neil__
07-13-2003, 02:45 PM
I&#39;ve dropped it now.And made my peace with balamm.
and I can take a little flaming.
I think that I WAS out of order by pushing the point too hard.
and so openly.
I just want to get my review over with and get on with things.

If I have any more complaints, (Which I dont) then I will p.m. them to a moderator.

Neil