PDA

View Full Version : What Really Pisses You Off About This Network?

rastilin
07-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Right now some guy is downloading Divi dead off me, it's 110mb, I have a 56k connection and he gets 3kb. No matter what I try he keeps recconecting and he doese'nt have any messaging software installed. The ultimate horror scenario? Factor into this the fact that I lose my internet this afternoon, how about now?

That REALLY pisses me off.

Tell me you'r stories then.

balamm
07-13-2003, 01:33 AM
umm.... I don't get what the problem is????

randm01
07-13-2003, 01:33 AM
i think ya left out the most important bit to ya post..."why does it piss you off"

stonecold1203
07-13-2003, 01:47 AM
So whats the problem?
Unshare that file if it REALLY PISSES YOU OFF :P

rastilin
07-13-2003, 01:50 AM
Umm, would'nt it piss you off, I mean the guy is taking over 70% of my bandwith and like I said, I'm being cut off this afternoon. I NEED to do some last minute donwloading and this guy ain't helping. You know how it is with modems and uploading, since the modem can't transmit and receive at the same time the 3kb uploading is about 4kb downloading 33:56

balamm
07-13-2003, 01:55 AM
so... :blink: set your uploads to 1 ? disconnect and reconnect? I'm sure there are other people wanting to upload your other shared files. arern't there ?

rastilin
07-13-2003, 01:58 AM
no

RealitY
07-13-2003, 02:56 AM
Errrrr,

What PISSES me off...

That I wasted 30 seconds reading this post.
:blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

DasScoot
07-13-2003, 03:54 AM
I was gonna say fake files, but now it's people who keep uploads availible then get upset when someone actually uses it :P

Switeck
07-13-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by rastilin@12 July 2003 - 20:50
Umm, would'nt it piss you off, I mean the guy is taking over 70% of my bandwith and like I said, I'm being cut off this afternoon. I NEED to do some last minute donwloading and this guy ain't helping. You know how it is with modems and uploading, since the modem can't transmit and receive at the same time the 3kb uploading is about 4kb downloading 33:56
If he isn't sharing, cut him off. :P
If you feel particularly vindictive you can even ban his IP so he won't reconnect for awhile.

If you set your uploads to 2, then someone else joins, you can sort the 2 uploads so the 'badguy' is at the bottom, then cancel him and reduce the uploads to only 1.

If you haven't already, make sure you've got the upload bandwidth limit set to the lowest value above sharing disabled (3 KB/sec) and see if that helps.

If you're still getting 4 KB/sec downloads, it's not hurting you too badly... for a 56k. About the best they can possibly do is 5.5 KB/sec for uncompressable data anyhow.

randm01
07-13-2003, 04:50 AM
yes it pisses me off also when 1 upload can cut ya dloads to zero speed..so i use netlimiter to reduce the uplaod speed..set it to as low as 1k if you wish ,so your dloads can go as fast as possible or set it to 2k so at least you get some dload speed..i fully understand your problem now that you have explained it..it seems some ppl dont have the same problem and fully dont believe its possible that your dloads can be stopped by a fast upload that is why i had to ask you to make your point...just use netlimiter..unless this new version of kazaalite has better upload limits which i doubt after all its most likely created by a broadband user and we know they dont really care about 56kers..

RealitY
07-13-2003, 04:58 AM
The problem he has is clear...
56k sucks.

I never could surf while dl or ul on KaZaa.
Gotta love cable, I'm running KaZaa, Shareaza and News Groups all while surfing.

rastilin
07-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Too right. I'm getting cable by the end of the year. I'll have to check netlimiter out, seems useful. Actually I would normally share the file, divi dead is a VERY rare program and it took me weeks to download it.

Ad
07-13-2003, 01:34 PM
umm what piss u off about the network???

and your question was?? :huh:

ok have I drank too much again

OldGamesCollector
07-13-2003, 05:53 PM
#1: It takes too long for files to stop showing up on a search after the users who have them are offline.

#2: Misnamed files. Once I set KL to download when I went to bed and it finished downloading a file while I was still asleep. Somebody downloaded it from me, saw it was a fake and sent me a very rude message about it under the assumption I was the one who renamed it. Seeing her message and finding the file I wanted was a fake too was just a perfect way to start my day. :angry: