PDA

View Full Version : IP Banned from OiNK

munkyboy04
10-21-2007, 12:59 PM
hello a question.

I recentley got banned from OiNK for using a traded account (rather than being invited).

I spoke to one of the mods there and was told that i wouldnt be able to rejoin because my ip address would be banned. Fair enough

my question is who's ip address would be banned The person who set up the account (because it was traded) or mine (i hardley used the account so i dont see how the'd have it recorded)

c.han
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
very bad news this.I am so sorry for you.

JA
10-21-2007, 01:05 PM
hello a question.

I recentley got banned from OiNK for using a traded account (rather than being invited).

I spoke to one of the mods there and was told that i wouldnt be able to rejoin because my ip address would be banned. Fair enough

my question is who's ip address would be banned The person who set up the account (because it was traded) or mine (i hardley used the account so i dont see how the'd have it recorded)
Can you still access OiNK?

If it says 403 Unauthorised IP, it means your banned. Get a new ip...

If you can still access OiNK, then get a new IP anyways because they will probably just ban you again.

jasperr
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
just a guess...
but i'm sure they log all ips that sign in under a userid.. the oink staff are pretty thurough about such things... they might not be the nicest bunch.. but when it comes to enforcing their rules, they are tyrants and very brutal about it.. EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG!....

munkyboy04
10-21-2007, 01:28 PM
They are Tyrants which led to my question because Ive got an invite already but I dont want to get the person who gave it me into any trouble

yep I can still get on to OiNK page just tells me my account has been disabled.

jasperr
10-21-2007, 01:35 PM
well, then that being the case.... since your trying to be courtious to the person who invited you... i would strongly address that you don't use it.. cause they would most definatly be penalised... by loss of invites. and that's not fair considering you knew before hand that you were banned/disabled.. plus that could make difficult for you to get an invite from here in the future.. ppl do frown major on that...

munkyboy04
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
i've told him the problem, and he thinks it will be fine. But I'm not sure.

jasperr
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
i've told him the problem, and he thinks it will be fine. But I'm not sure.

if both of you wanna take that chance.... its up to you.. i've only given a lil bit of advice.. maybe others who have better knowledge of this than i do can add something additional to what i've said.... ???

but in the end its on you and your inviter..

Zeus
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Serves you right for trading accounts really. If you want a second chance then make sure you clear your cookies and change ip before using the invite. And don't use a similar nick or email address.

ghurka
10-21-2007, 02:29 PM
It is really not smart to trade accounts particularly oink. I would be very surprised if both your IP and the IP of the person trading the account are not banned....as they should be.

Do yourself a favour....get an invite in future!

munkyboy04
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
yep tell me about it.

I will never trade accounts again. it was slightly naive of me but you live and learn.

tony1328
10-22-2007, 09:02 AM
its not smart but everyones`s done it RIGHT

ghurka
10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
its not smart but everyones`s done it RIGHTSpeak for yourself....there are plenty here that have never traded an account and never will.

Something Else
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Stop flapping, change your IP, and don't do it again ever.

k.thx.bye

blackbird
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
hello a question.

as long as you guys have dynamic ips it wont be a problem even if they ban both the ip,s .. oink doesnt usually ban the whole ip range ... :whistling

jasperr
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
hey blackbird... thanks for giving the oink staff ideas!.. STOP IT NOW!.... lol

its not smart but everyones`s done it RIGHT

if thats the way you think m8, then i feel sorry for you! i NEVER have traded and never will either... so, i guess you only speak for you... ;)