PDA

View Full Version : How do u manage your Torrent sites...?

memnom
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey guys

Getting a lot of torrent sites nowadays, and i find it hard to maintain them all. how do u guys do that? apart from bookmarking ofcourse. u guys use any software or such?

if u have some "strategy" , throw us something.:)

superseed101
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
favourites

SliDer5
10-22-2007, 10:08 AM
maintain?
1. download one file from each site from time to time
2. use firefox to open the whole folder of bookmarked at once
3. login once in 3 weeks

I think it's enough.

silhoutte
10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
By seeing the title i thought you were asking how to manage all trackers without the accounts being disabled? That would have beeen difficult to answer. Why should you need to organize them when you can specify the user and pass in the bookmark itself (something i do), in firefox you can organize bookmarks, there is option for this. IE 7 also has this i think.

dragos
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
if you only have site's you need and use it's never a problem to "mantain" ;) If you get sites for collection, good luck with that

cattani
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
you can make folder for categories like O-days tracker, Music tracker, XXX tracker or use urlbase for index

v150r
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
i visit mine favorite trackers everyday

kirktrix
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I am using Bookmark in Firefox with three categories...
First all 0 day trackers and trackers that i always used..
Second all dedicated trackers....
Third all trackers that i rarely used...

Effer
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I have the login pages of all of mine in the address bar and I'm always logged in automatically.

I tend to visit them as often as I can, usually once a day.

In terms of bandwidth, there's no rule. It all depends on my bandwidth requirements and the current situation on every tacker. If there's an interesting MOTD on TTi, then for 24 hours my bandwidth is all theirs.

Oink at Christmas freeleech gift season, and some less favorite but surely underrated trackers with often low number of seeds in danger to disappear also have priority.

Limiting the speed of each torrent is also another issue, often very useful for different reasons.

Downloading the same pack from multiple low-level trackers at the same time to achieve higher speeds is another trick I sometimes pull.

But it's all down to how apt you are at getting the most out of your bandwidth, and there is no rule.

dudave
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
three basic things that will change your life regarding tracker managment:
1) use firefox
2) install 3 add-ons ==> del.icio.us, tab mix plus, faviconize tab
3) make few groups on your online bookmark (del.icio.us) so it is
easy for you to manage and access, open all the trackers you
use all the time in many tabs on the same window, then make
them smaller using right click > faviconise tab...

like this i have constently between 40-50 tabs open, most of them trackers of course.

Torn
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Give away the accounts to someone who will really use them. No one really needs a ton of trackers.

If you're trying to gather as many as you can, to trade for higher rarity ones, just stop. Make some friends and you'll get an invite to good sites in no-time.

misledhope
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
ive been weeding out the trackers i have no use for. if i dont hit something up every week for something im looking for then i delete or disable that account and delete the bookmark. i frequent around 8 sites now some forums some trackers. most i use the forums on so i never forget to check them.

Detale
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
When I first started, and I'm sure this is common, You will start to "collect" Trackers instead of use them, this isn't exactly the Idea of Torrenting. I'm sure we all did this when we first started with BT but as any seasoned member can tell you Mostly all the sites have the same basic 5hit. Some a little faster but mostly the same files. You see you should try to only keep trackers that you will use frequently otherwise you are kind of wasting the acct and the site member slot. Meaning someone who would use your spot, Not acct, but spot on that tracker. I do not recommend you trade the acct I think It better to PM staff there and let them know you won't be using the acct anymore and either delete the acct yourself of ask they do it for you. Trading accts is frowned on in some circles and realistically could associate you with some cheaters. Now this is only my opinion and I'm not saying this is always the case this is just my recommendation.

misledhope
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
When I first started, and I'm sure this is common, You will start to "collect" Trackers instead of use them, this isn't exactly the Idea of Torrenting. I'm sure we all did this when we first started with BT but as any seasoned member can tell you Mostly all the sites have the same basic 5hit. Some a little faster but mostly the same files. You see you should try to only keep trackers that you will use frequently otherwise you are kind of wasting the acct and the site member slot. Meaning someone who would use your spot, Not acct, but spot on that tracker. I do not recommend you trade the acct I think It better to PM staff there and let them know you won't be using the acct anymore and either delete the acct yourself of ask they do it for you. Trading accts is frowned on in some circles and realistically could associate you with some cheaters. Now this is only my opinion and I'm not saying this is always the case this is just my recommendation.

Amen i like how you think

XS75
10-22-2007, 06:56 PM
ScT, SCC, TC and TB.bz

not that hard to manage ;)
a few minutes dedicated to each site is good enough

Defy
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I find myself downloading files just about every day... so depending on what I'm looking for I will browse all my torrent sites searching for which one might have it. I also take into consideration what my ratio is, where can I improve it (if I find the file on more than one site), if there is free leech, how many seeders/leechers, etc., etc.

I have my torrent sites categorized in my (bookmarked) favorites according to what their "speciality" is (movies, games, apps, music, etc.).

Detale
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
ScT, SCC, TC and TB.bz

not that hard to manage ;)
a few minutes dedicated to each site is good enough

Well IMO its more like SCT, FTN, SuperTorrents ( IMO the MOST underrated site out there ), BMTV, and Demonoid ( The wife loves those damn BigFish games! )
OF course I look at other sites and occasionally DL from them too but these are my mainstays.

T_w
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Excel file with a few stuff -

rarity
site link
site short-name
username
password
registaration date
Ratio ~ +-

:D

Adam1990
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I just have the 9 trackers I use every day on my quicklaunch thing on the top of my firefox.

Grind$oFine
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
ive been weeding out the trackers i have no use for. if i dont hit something up every week for something im looking for then i delete or disable that account and delete the bookmark.

That's exactly what I've been doing. When you first start torrenting you go through a lot of sites, since they're all easy to get and none of them are perfect, but once you start getting the best of each type of site, you get to weed things out.

In firefox, I deleted the text in my bookmarks bar so its just the favicons, and you can easily fit more in there. Except when sites don't have favicons or they're really ugly I get pissed off now.

Other than that the only other thing I can think of that anyone would do differently, is use RSS feeds when downloading (but I don't do that)

beat
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Firefox Bookmarks. And I only use a few sites so it's easy to manage :)

randomman
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I know you said apart from bookmarks but thats basically it with me, i keep all my favourtite trackers bookmarked and less favourite ones i come accross i just keep the emails in my outlook express and use the search function ;)

robocris
10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I use just two sites and good ones not the best but good ones , why to use I don't know 10 sites?

mrnobody
10-22-2007, 11:39 PM
alike everyone i use FireFox bookmark as well. However, just for backup (in case i mess up with PC), i use foxmarks, http://www.foxmarks.com (check them out!!!) to store all my bookmarks online. Along with that, i also use "remember me" feature so i don't have to login in tracker each time i visit (remember to set a "master password"!!! otherwise others can peek into ur passwords) Other than that, if you use different nick for different site, i would recommend you to create a notepad. In same notepad, you can actually put links to ubars (if you are ubar fan), ur screenies of stat, and any such personal info....won't recommend putting password though (unless you can't memorize them.. but still try finding alternatives);) btw, a good way to memorize password (unless you use same pass for every tracker; not recommended unless you have different nicks) ...is that you use 3-4 different passwords but in specific pattern. Say in all 0-day tracker you use ur 1st password or in all tracker beginning with A-E, use ur 1st password etc.

Daniel
10-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I use something similar to the previously mentioned Foxmarks, it's called SiteBar (http://sitebar.org/) and allows me to host the bookmarks-server myself. It comes with a FireFox addon and even keeps track which links are clicked most or least (helps tremendously when cleaning up inactive/unused links). SiteBar is something I use for all of my links because I'm able to login from any PC, trackers are only a small part and are limited to one sub-folder ;)

raj3186
10-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Bookmarks only and some important sites, i have it in my mind though!! :p

mrnobody
10-23-2007, 11:04 AM
this topic made me look at bookmarking differently. Now i have folder saying "Tracker". Within that i have subfolder saying "Scene", "Movies/TV", "Music", "E-learning", and "Others"...i am enjoying the new arrangement ;)