PDA

View Full Version : ...but why is everbody after SCT?

embolism
10-23-2007, 03:39 AM
I have been off for a few days and now see everybody requesting SCT, is there something I'm missing? Did they announce something .. (to beat the competition?)
Ok..no funny answers, I know everbody here is smart at that!!:noes:

_asd_
10-23-2007, 03:46 AM
SCT increased their user limit again to 17k. But that's kinda old news. Dunno whether it's due to that :O

lessthanfour
10-23-2007, 03:47 AM
They raised the userlimit to 17000 (another 1000) on the 18th... maybe that's why.

I honestly can't tell you for certain, though. It seems like invite request threads come in swarms. One week everyone wants FTN, another week they want ScT, another week they want Revolt, etc. It could just be people thinking "Hey, if he's requesting it, why can't I?"

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 03:53 AM
It may just be people who lost in the ScT giveaway... :idunno:

sear
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
It seems like invite request threads come in swarms. One week everyone wants FTN, another week they want ScT, another week they want Revolt, etc. It could just be people thinking "Hey, if he's requesting it, why can't I?"

There's your answer that's exactly why :yup:

briand5379
10-23-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I noticed people mass requesting sct and ftn since my first day on here.

zd0d
10-23-2007, 09:43 AM
SCT always seems to be a popular request, a little more so now. Personally, I'm not interested, I don't even know what SCT stands for. 8-)

birney29
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
same im not even interested in SCT i havn't asked for it i dont fink and if i have it was too long ago too remember i wanna know what the big deal is about SCT anyways whats so good about it ?

PirateEagle
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
They raised the userlimit to 17000 (another 1000) on the 18th... maybe that's why.

I honestly can't tell you for certain, though. It seems like invite request threads come in swarms. One week everyone wants FTN, another week they want ScT, another week they want Revolt, etc. It could just be people thinking "Hey, if he's requesting it, why can't I?"
:yup: but i bet that most ppl next request will be FSC :shifty:

birney29
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
and y will they request that next ???

piratex
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
well almost many ppl need sct ... i think its famous enough to ask lol

embolism
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Alright nothing special, somebody please close thread, thanks.

I beleive.....
10-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Also called inertia.

kallieb
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Unfortunately, the answer to that lies within the WAIW thread. If someone artificially boosts a site for some inane reason, then people will want that site regardless of whether it has any meaning for them or not.

Today, I canceled three accounts because I did not use them. The nature of the accounts would make other people go *how could you* basing their belief on the where the site fit on the WAIW thread; and before anyone says...why did I not give the account away...my answer is because that is the biggest risk to tracker security -- which leads to another discussion, what lesson can be learned from the Oink shutdown:yup::yup::yup:

But I digress....

Personally, I found it humbling but also a valuable lesson learned for myself: to not hop on sites just because. So my good deed of the day is that I freed up some slots on some trackers that I hope others who WANT to be part of will no be able to.

ok,,,,I'm jumping off my soapbox now:D

kachijs
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
cuz its the best scene tracker ?

fOrUmAs
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Unfortunately, the answer to that lies within the WAIW thread. If someone artificially boosts a site for some inane reason, then people will want that site regardless of whether it has any meaning for them or not.

I total agree with you man,before few months(7-8) i havent even know abouth sct,but then i start to hear that is high level tracker and all that and from then i start to how to get invite bla bla,but the true is that u dont need any of high level tracker if u have TL,revTT,ST,SCC and few others..:)

ckrustrup
10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
whats SCT exactly?

Enlightened
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
whats SCT exactly?

Here U Go:

Security Council Trademark, got it.......:naughty:

MaaxHimself
10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought it meant Security Caution Terminal???:D

seppypom