PDA

View Full Version : OiNK raided, man arrested (merged with "oink closed 4 ever")

Pages : 1 [2]

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Check out the site
Oink.cd

This site has been closed as a result of criminal investigation by IFPI,BPI,Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into suspected illegal music distribution

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of site's users

Do they really mean it
Well, fuck them! In my country there ain't such an act that I cannot use torrents for downloading for my personal use. This is not America! So all these morones can give me a blowjob!

pECi
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
:( I feel sorry for the admins & uploaders, I can't see them going after normal users.

the fact is that almost everybody uploaded on oink

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Do U consider seeding an uploading, Friend?

xoas
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I meant the people uploading the torrents rather than just seeding what you've downloaded.

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of site's users[/B]

Do they really mean it

probably, but who cares, dutch cops :01: make you nervous? :D

pECi
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
@sylar do you think that those hundred thousand torrents were uploaded by only a few users or something

xoas
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't use oink, didn't realise anybody could upload there.

Ali-g
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Grrr. I wonder if they're going to investigate on the users :S That would feel shi*ty... I wonder in fact if the sites history is enough to accuse users there, it seems like they got it too seriously

Yesum
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
For all of you who had big buffers it must feel even worse. It's very hard to upload - it takes time. This is very sad news.
Recently, my ratio wasn't too good at OiNK, but I've downloaded more than 200 GB mp3s from OiNK and got what I wanted, but this really sucks. The scary part is that no other tracker is anywhere near as valuable and offering as good material as OiNK. NO OTHER. OiNK's value is ten times bigger than FTN, E****, ScT and UK-T together.

OiNK was the world's biggest recordstore where you could get anything you want for free. It's sounds too good to be true...and so it was...

jasperr
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
i think thats just a scare tacktic nothing more..... but, as i had stated previously.. i wouldn't be surprised... then again, the RIAA is still reveling in that $220,000 lawsuit they recently won so.... if they had any inttentions of doing anything ya bet your sweeta** they will do it soon.!!

Reno365
"This site has been closed as a result of criminal investigation by IFPI,BPI,Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into suspected illegal music distribution

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of site's users"

So if you were a user there, what steps should you now be taking?

iNSOMNiA
that what happen when you drag too much attention $$$

Ali-g
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
For all of you who had big buffers it must feel even worse. It's very hard to upload - it takes time. This is very sad news.
Recently, my ratio wasn't too good at OiNK, but I've downloaded more than 200 GB mp3s from OiNK and got what I wanted, but this really sucks. The scary part is that no other tracker is anywhere near as valuable and offering as good material as OiNK. NO OTHER. OiNK's value is ten times bigger than FTN, E****, ScT and UK-T together.

OiNK was the world's biggest recordstore where you could get anything you want for free. It's sounds too good to be true...and so it was...

I think the guys with the buffer shouldnt put many time in thinking their buffer gone but thinking that their the first or second ring to be invastigated :S, and if in a country like US or UK I wouldnt mind much about my buffer being gone

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
So if you were a user there, what steps should you now be taking?

if you're scared then wipe all logs, burn computer and hide into cellar. if not, find some other torrent site and upload all your oink stuff there :D

freedom
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
haha u have been oinked mooooooooo :lol:

k_ichigo
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
isnt there like a disclaimer - the admin is not responsible for what the users upload / download?? so y'd did he get arrested/?

Yesum
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Ali-g, you're saying that people in UK and US could really get in trouble? What about people in the scandinavia? And who will they care about, people uploading a lot or people downloading a lot?

k_ichigo
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
haha u have been oinked mooooooooo :lol:

not funny..

rudylaw
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
It's the pre-releases that got them in trouble. I loved the site for their out-of-print collections.

robocris
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah that's good one "optimus" but seariously this people are going to far they are destroying good comuniyties. It's like some friends sharing files between them , what is so ilegal in this?

awoeonip
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
It's like some friends sharing files between them , what is so ilegal in this?It's not just "some friends sharing" when it's close to 200k people. But I do agree that there were perfectly legal aspects of oink that I will miss, such as the wonderful power user board :(

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah that's good one "optimus" but seariously this people are going to far they are destroying good comuniyties. It's like some friends sharing files between them , what is so ilegal in this?

are you kidding me? oink is actually one of the few real "source" trackers and quite illegal i might add :)

Jiggles
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
i think that the criminal investigators collected hard evidence on the operator in Middlesborough, they then had enough info to arrest him thus rendering the entire site useless. No doubt it took them long. its a shame, Oink was brilliant.

i really hope none of the staff get in deep manure, because i knew one of them.

zema
"Apparently the countries that the IFPI will focus mainly on is: Brazil, Canada, China, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain, South Korea -- no way to confirm this info, but hey, ..."

nista

sharing under friends its not illigal but do u have 180,000 friends?

Davidoff
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
bitches... this is the worst news of the month... i hate ifpi

XDPD7
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Well this bit of news ruined my day and it barely even started

robocris
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM

Yes maybe I have:D

Alien5
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Uknova has the BBC news report in torrent

Rpcry
10-23-2007, 03:00 PM

agree, the site was ilegal like 99% of the sites out there, and was just too big, too easy to notice. Oink took the risk and is a shame that he got owned, but he was old enough to know what could happend :-/
bye oink.

Lets this to be a warning to pay to leech sites like filelist, torrenleech bitsup scenetorrents or sceneacces with an overated amount of donations needed and making profit avec the donations :frusty:

cya all

respect
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
bad news
bec one of the best tracker about music gone:(
bitmetv :naughty:
you next
bitmetv dosen't have illegally stuff, the series aren't illegally

KinkyAfro
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
If the site was hosted privately on leaseweb then how did they get owners name/address without taking leaseweb to court for it?

ADELA
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
good luck to all the staff members @ oink!

Rpcry
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
bad news
you next

dvd packs of those series are, and just to let you know some people think that they are into ilegality. Just ask yourself why fansubs dont make licensed animes?

jasperr
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
bad news
you next

how so?

YoYoY
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
shit......the best music tracker is gone forever

Tokeman
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM

dvd packs of those series are, and just to let you know some people think that they are into ilegality. Just ask yourself why fansubs dont make licensed animes?

distributing edited rips is also illegal I believe. Another tv tracker was shutdown recently because of having commercials cut out.

Yesum
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
shit......the best music tracker is gone forever

The best tracker of all times is gone forever. =/

Nexus
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
This sucks so bad :(
The best music tracker is down and I hate previewing samples when it comes to music. Oink helped me try before I buy in great quality. Good luck to all involved...

Adster
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
The best thing about Oink is it had some aussie albums I couldnt find on soulseek :(

sexydingo
10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow, this is the biggest blow to private trackers yet

sanjana
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Does it mean that torrents are illegal to download and that means all the music torrents are illegal. There are n number of torrents that are having the illegal music.

music-vid, vipmusic and many more. Are they illegal.. Hope they will reopen the site as early as possible. Thank you for this information. Sad to hear this :(

Tokeman
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
um, any torrent with something you didn't buy in it is illegal, unless its a free something.

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm so disappointed I can't even explain it.
I almost want to stay home from school and mourn.

This is quite a hefty loss, OiNK was my favorite. :(

Yesum
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow, this is the biggest blow to private trackers yet

Indeed... I wonder what's next.

Adster
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Torrents ARNT illegal Downloading copyright material supposedly is.

but if it is Rared up couldn't it be classified as downloading data?? not copyrighted mp3s that would be my argument in court

sovaz
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I was really depressed to hear that...n it look kinda scary that such a big n good tracker was closed. It is another big reason tat all private site should close their registration now...its a better way to secure things i guess.

nista
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
so back to kazza ; )

Yesum
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
so back to kazza ; )

No fucking way. There's gotta be something else.

blackbird
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
so back to kazza ; )

No fucking way. There's gotta be something else.

soulseek .. ;)

have a huge content .. but speed sucked for me

maybe all oink users can start a soulseek room ??:whistling

Adster
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
come join the FST soulseek room :) and we need to rebuild it up

thats where I got 90% of my music and get new releases spread quick on there

always found it better then oink .. it was a pain in the ass to get a ratio up on oink.. the bad thing is I dunno where im gonna get some aussie albums now

SKGunners
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Sanjana, let me make this clear. Downloading stuff is legally via purchase through credit card or something else is known as a "digital download". That's legal. But when you download something that is not acquired through payment but has copyright laws is ILLEGAL and the law has full authority to get you punished for that. In the case of OiNK, VIPMusic, etc, it is illegal because you're downloading music/apps/etc. instead of paying for it. Get the point?

Rpcry
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
nice memorial

http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com/

:rofl:

AugustoP
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I guess RIAA will start sending settlement letters like crazy now.

I beleive.....
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Everything have begun and the end, so don't be so sad.....new begun is coming :)

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Oink was a great place for music lovers, one of the greatest trackers ever.

I hope that if the owner will go to trial they will publish it. I'm sure that many people will help by donating money to pay for his legal assistance\lawyers.

_coder_
10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Let me see them catch over a 100, 000 users.

http://funkyimg.com/u/58545Untitled.jpg

Torn
10-23-2007, 04:08 PM
To clarify for everyone, there were over 1,000,000 users; not 100,000.

Defy
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Holy cow... err... pig! I can't believe what I'm seeing. :(

Oink Website - This site has been closed as a result of a criminal investigation by IFPI, BPI,
Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of the Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into
suspected illegal music distribution.

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of the site's
users.

This is sad, sad news indeed. I can't believe it.

Users of the site criticised the raids as heavy handed and said one success would not prevent more file sharing sites springing up in future.

Viva la resistance!

mysterious
10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
To clarify for everyone, there were over 1,000,000 users; not 100,000.

how do you know about it?

Polarbear
10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
the most important thing now is, that we don't let the content die. the music wasn't on oink. it is still on our computers.
upload the content to other trackers and show those greedy ifpi bastards that they can bring down a tracker, but they can't prevent 200.000 people from sharing their files somewhere else.

fuck the main stream industry - long live file sharing!

awoeonip
To clarify for everyone, there were over 1,000,000 users; not 100,000.fail.

Alien5
everyone visit www.riaa.com and click refresh. let’s ddos them with our anger :)

blackbird
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
everyone visit www.riaa.com (http://www.riaa.com) and click refresh. let’s ddos them with our anger :)

:lol::lol:

yetmae
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Sanjana, let me make this clear. Downloading stuff is legally via purchase through credit card or something else is known as a "digital download". That's legal. But when you download something that is not acquired through payment but has copyright laws is ILLEGAL and the law has full authority to get you punished for that. In the case of OiNK, VIPMusic, etc, it is illegal because you're downloading music/apps/etc. instead of paying for it. Get the point?

Absolutely hilarious coming from a supposed resident of Thailand, where copyright law is taken so seriously (sarcasm alert for the humor impaired).

For those of you who have never been to Thailand, take a trip to Panthip Electronics mall in Bangok on your next visit. You will be accosted by hundreds of people trying to sell you pirated music, movies, and software for pennies on the dollar!

The RIAA, BPI, APFI, and Interpol hold no sway here, so I don't expect this will change anytime soon.

In the meantime, I look forward to another bittorrent site stepping up to take Oink's place so I don't have to sit in Bangkok traffic on the way to Panthip every time I want a 0-day release...

Yetmae

asafb
10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
wow 201 users Currently Viewing This Thread
that's a lot of views :)

everyone visit www.riaa.com (http://www.riaa.com/) and click refresh. let’s ddos them with our anger :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

! ANGEL !
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
http://aynrandwich.googlepages.com/pigarrest.jpg
i miss you

dawgeee
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QuwwMZKYxag

Torn
10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
To clarify for everyone, there were over 1,000,000 users; not 100,000.fail.

There were around 200K seeders and 50K leechers. That doesn't mean there were only 200K members. ;)

ersatzp
10-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh noes, went to the site and they say there are in the process of tracking users. Time to get the hammer out and destroy the hd.

KFlint
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
i'm not a legal expert but i'm pretty sure any info they have on users could not be use in any ways. there is no illegal content at all on the site and a snatch list is certainly not a proof of what users downloaded, they have to catch the users when doing it

LostinTrance
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I suppose we're all here to express our grief.
Count me in.

AugustoP
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
i'm not a legal expert but i'm pretty sure any info they have on users could not be use in any ways. there is no illegal content at all on the site and a snatch list is certainly not a proof of what users downloaded, they have to catch the users when doing it

They have nothing to show to the court but more than enough to scare the user into settlement.

Koeckebacker
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Fuckin hell :| WHY! Bastards.

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com/ posted the arrest video.

Idiots are wooing the public by making OiNK out to be a cult of some sort where users pay a subscription fee. What an imbisal.

jasperr
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
agreed, they can and will make sure life is difficult for a while .... for anyone..

John1988
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
In a remarkable show of strength and perseverance "anonymous" has posted this message on our comments section:

we will ba back .. sooner than you could imagine ;)
strange but maybe posible :)

y0y0
10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
RIAA damn bastards... arghhhh... this is my worst day ever!!!. .... please someone can hack RIAA page ??..

Alien5
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
http://i23.tinypic.com/spi1dw.jpg

sear
10-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I hope they do come back...but I have a feeling it will never be the same. There success was their downfall. Having so many members meant they had awesome content but it also put then squarely in the sites of RIAA and therefore the Cleveland police (???) and other authorities.

I hope it all works out for the best for Oink himself and he doesn't have to do any time, he provided a true service for the p2p community.

blackbird
10-23-2007, 05:01 PM
http://i23.tinypic.com/spi1dw.jpg

eeew beastality :sick:

RainRoofer
10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Hope everything will turn up to be fine in the end.GL to Oink

Polarbear
10-23-2007, 05:15 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7613/oinkripot3zd4.png

AkaiDoresu
10-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Hmm yea, i woder what are the charges...

There is a note saying that no content is being hosted on a website.
Downloading itself is not illegal, only sharing the material you downloaded, or basically seeding stuff for other people.

Big arrest but how they gonna get this case done if they actually cannot come up with any reasonable charges.

blackbird
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
recieved a pm in THS...

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

For weeks and weeks now we have talked about using the same passwords here that you use elsewhere. As many of you may have already heard of come aware of, Oink was raided early this morning. If you share a password OR email address between our site and Oink, YOU MUST change you password here ASAP. It is a security risk as the Oink servers were seized and the information on those servers can be used in attempts to access any accounts their users may have had elsewhere

thought of sharing it with everyone .:). so change the password's for your own security

Brandon
10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
this will have a huge impact on other private trackers ..
pfft, im not scurrrrr'd

isnt there like a disclaimer - the admin is not responsible for what the users upload / download?? so y'd did he get arrested/?

I always laugh when I see those. sct has by far the funniest one i've seen thus far. Looks like it was a direct copy from amazon.com or something. Anyways, legal agreements can't just be copy pasted onto a site and work. For example, I can't put "by logging onto this site you will agree to pay me $1,000 each month form here on after" into FTN's user agreement and expect to be able to take you to court and win. There's a lot more to a legal agreement than just putting it into a php document.
If you really believe those petty legal agreements saying shit like that stupid act Bil Clinton supposedly signed protect you, you're just being silly.

iMartin
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Truely a sad day... :(

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Changing passwords is a good idea right about now...

Alien5
10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.joshuarey.com/ransom.pl :p

dnero73
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
feel bad for Oink owner and yeah time to change all the passwords

Files4Life
10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
may there rise another oink

RIAA : You do not understand what you have accomplished to do

Yesum
10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
The great thing about OiNK was that every bitrate of an album was available. 192, 320 kbps, V0 and FLAC. It was fantastic. And over 200.000 torrents and thousands of albums with great quality rips. I don't know but it will definitely take time to build up everything again. If anyone's up for the challenge, that is.

I fucking knew something like this would happend sooner or later. =/ And everyone who is talking about OiNK returning, it won't happend. The admin is behind bars and Interpol spent two years to investigate this.

Start over... =/

blackbird
10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
“First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win”

Mahatma Ghandi

FACE_TO_FACE
10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
WTF No!!! :cry:

My absolute favorite music tracker is gone :(

Spider_dude
10-23-2007, 05:44 PM
This site has been closed as a result of a criminal investigation by IFPI, BPI,
Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of the Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into
suspected illegal music distribution.

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of the site's
users

y0y0
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
im refreshing this page until i see, OINK IS BACK !!! , all whats a set up joke ...

damn it !!!

shosh
10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
oh noes, i cant connect to sct
hope they didnt get taken down too

rip oink

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
SCT down here as well.

SiNa
10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
what the hell, every day one tracker goes down!

sshaw1982
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Terrible terrible news. I was a loyal "pink-pig" for as long as I care to remember and although I hadn't used the site much recently it was the one site I really cared about membership too.

The community as well as the music made Oink one of the premier sites to be a member of. T'is a sad sad day for filesharing and B/T in general. Now starts the rumour mill and the misinformation merry-go-round, Oink was never a "paysite" and was no different to any torrent site that asked for donations.

Its not the raid that pisses me off perse(don't get me wrong I am pissed off about the raid) but more the crap thats gonna get spouted from the ifpi and there many minions. This isn't the end of the war by a long shot, I think this situation will worsen in the immediate future :dabs:

Best of luck Alan.

dnero73
10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
What are the countries of users they are most likely to go after ,for example i was checking out Mexico and they don´t prosecute unless they see you are making money from actuual bootlegging i can go downtown and see hundreds of diff businesses selling bootlegs cd´s and movies they can´t even handle them

krisil
10-23-2007, 05:57 PM
horrible news . i am really disturbed atm :(

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
good times !!!

about time they put tose idiots to sleep !

Yesum
10-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Hmm?

krisil
10-23-2007, 06:06 PM
its time torrent sites moved out of europe/america to the lawless countries of africa....

sshaw1982
10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
good times !!!

about time they put tose idiots to sleep !

gtfo n00b :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

stereonumeral
10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
fridash is just upset because nobody would give him an invite back to oink after he got banned.

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
those damn idiots got what they deserve

you guys can say what you damn please

the fact is oink is dead not a moment too soon

sshaw1982
10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
^agrees with stereonumeral.

You only got banned from oink for cheating in the first place, play by the rules - stay in the game. (until today that was....)

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
dont you get it you are all banned now
the reason they are dead is the vast amount of people that plotted against them
they made a lot of enamys
time to pay the piper

bring the rain

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
haha... what a sap.

sshaw1982
10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
time to pay the piper

bring the rain

*YAWN* haven't you got anything better to do than troll this thread? Oink is dead and we are almost all mourning its passing - no one cares why you were banned or about your opinion.

terrorize
10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
holy shit this sux my precious account is gone.

FACE_TO_FACE
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
time to pay the piper

bring the rain
I dont think this comments are welcome on this thread...

BLaZiN
10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Well what a bunch of bullchit that news broadcast was, never heard so much crap ever!

R.I.P OINK

P.S Hurry back! ;)

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
time to pay the piper

bring the rain

this is not a dictatorship i can say my mind !
even if you disagree
that is democracy you do belive in it dont you ?

FACE_TO_FACE
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM

even if you disagree
Yes of course...

U can say everything...

Sawyer2020
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I see no one care for this guy who now in dark jail
what he will do
its him who did all that job
anyway we wont have another great tracker like that years ahead :(

TriviuM
10-23-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah shame about it :(

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:42 PM
dark jail thats a bit harsh

is out dont worry

its not a murder case

krisil
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
as a true opportunist stmusic has opened signups.

PirateEagle
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
well this is really sucks fuck anti piracy police but i hope that OiNK will relived again just like Demonoid was closed by those anti piracy assholes but it relived again....
well we can only wait and see :(

krisil
10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
both the cases i.e. oink and demonoid are not similar. servers have bees seized in oink's case , a man has been arrested , while there were only legal and isp problems with demonoid . i think the trackers should now move to safer countries ( read lawless african countries)

Yesum
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
time to pay the piper

bring the rain

Shut up jerk. You're just upset because you can't cheat at OiNK because of their terrific anti-cheat system they had. If you would have 100 GB buffer, you wouldn't say anything.

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
theres a 102 ppl viewing this.......

fridash
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
time to pay the piper

bring the rain

Shut up jerk. You're just upset because you can't cheat at OiNK because of their terrific anti-cheat system they had. If you would have 100 GB buffer, you wouldn't say anything.

so tarrific system? tell it to the admin
and for your 100 gb buffer - i never ,as sould you build on mudy soil

AmpeD
10-23-2007, 08:02 PM
FUCK
I hope Im not in any danger.
that was my fav torrent site too

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
OH YEAH MOST IMPORTANT?? WHO is in danger?? are we all specifically?? what if we had an acc before? what IF we were just seeding yesterday??!

RainRoofer
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Some good news.Maybe ?

<kraut> oink has already been released from questioning or whatever, and is back home, online

PirateEagle
10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Some good news.Maybe ?

<kraut> oink has already been released from questioning or whatever, and is back home, online
what u mean i did`t quite understand :w00t: is that what i am thinking that OiNK is comming back :D :)

AmpeD
10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Some good news.Maybe ?

what u mean i did`t quite understand :w00t: is that what i am thinking that OiNK is comming back :D :)
no, It means that oink is never coming back and he is waiting to go through the court system

c1gar
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
moo.cd tho good to go ?;)

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
he has been released as confirmed by the OiNK IRC channel and is at home.

c1gar
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM

Could you please give me the details of this channel,

as i would like to try to get in contact with some old memebers

ty

nag13
10-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Cool, has anyone started a defense fund?

Kyl3KK
10-23-2007, 08:27 PM
God damn.

:(

S!X
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Fuck!!!

donvito
10-23-2007, 08:37 PM
this is a major blow to the community, but then again, the oink staff was mostly assholes anyway...

just my opinion.

Alien5
10-23-2007, 08:38 PM
irc.dal.net #oink

Sench
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I hope thats true:yup:

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 08:42 PM
this is a major blow to the community, but then again, the oink staff was mostly assholes anyway...

just my opinion.

doesn't matter assholes or not, no file-sharer should cheer to cops.

kachijs
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
hope it will rise up on as soon :P

[Jon]
TL shut down their invite system because of this...

yoyogi4
They made porkchops out of oink!!!

BTW what's going to be the new alternative for all those Oink uploaders and users?

BTBTW this is the most view thread in a short time span ever!!!

mossy123
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
One of the best trackers around! Im sure they will be back. I hope so. Sniff sniff ;(

Yesum
10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
so tarrific system? tell it to the admin
and for your 100 gb buffer - i never ,as sould you build on mudy soil

I don't give a shit about the staff or the admin at OiNK. I care about the tracker OiNK and the music that was available.
Maybe the staff was assholes, I don't know or care, but the anti-cheat system they had was great, so I understand your frustration because you were banned from there.

And I didn't say I had 100 GB buffer. I didn't have any buffer left, so my account was dying anyway. But it's sad that we will never see such a great tracker again. At least not for now.

They could have raided any other tracker, I wouldn't give a shit. But OiNK is the largest and most important site, that's why it appeared on Interpol's radar, and they shut it down.

Necrophag
10-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Good, to be honest it was a crap site anyways. You could never seed back once you download, so many people would download before you and was hard to seed back.

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
if they did come back, how would that even be...? it's not like they could continue on exactly like they were before...? :dabs:

they'd have to be more cautious, and how can you be with THAT many users?

NOW WHY ON EARTH oink was so strict disabling people who broke their rules...? why wouldn't they want even MORE members and attention?... "what a bunch of assholes!" :rolleyes:

Good, to be honest it was a crap site anyways. You could never seed back once you download, so many people would download before you and was hard to seed back.

:noes:

[Jon]
10-23-2007, 08:51 PM

lol. There was nothing better then OiNK in the history of p2p as far as music goes.

LethaL ImpuLse
10-23-2007, 08:53 PM

:lol:

mossy123
10-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Okay anyone want any oink invites PM me. They are all free first come first serve basis.

ADELA
10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
;2362806']

lol. There was nothing better then OiNK in the history of p2p as far as music goes.

napster but w/e

Detale
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I feel bad for people who donated in the last week or so.I came across this link
This is by far the most informative link I have found I think all of my previous links are in here too, worth a good read :)

oinkmemorial.blogspot.com (http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com//)

Polarbear
10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
they don't have much against oink if he didn't earn money from the site.
the accusations of the ifpi are basically false and the server was in holland (other laws).

i'm sure the oink owner knew exactly about the legal situation.

if this comes to court, i predict he'll get away with a fine.

who knows. maybe the site will be up and running again in a few weeks.

Avalon-EX
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Wow, I can't believe Oink got shutdown! :( It's a very sad day indeed...

We can only hope that it goes back online soon, but under a different name/address...

Detale
10-23-2007, 08:58 PM
This is the funniest shit re oink getting closed

http://oink.justgotowned.com

import_fighter
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I feel bad for people who donated in the last week or so.I came across this link
This is by far the most informative link I have found I think all of my previous links are in here too, worth a good read :)

oinkmemorial.blogspot.com (http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com//)

i get error 400 when trying to visit that one.

snowultra
10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
ya, i just read this. wow, i never thought i would see this day. very sad day

Detale
10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Opps sorry try it now I fixed it

http://oink.justgotowned.com

CableMan391
10-23-2007, 09:26 PM
This honestly ruined my week. It was the single greatest music torrent I've ever seen. RIP.

fstokebanget
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
is there any chance it get back ? I mean maybe they have a backup database somewhere and will put it running on a new server in different place ?

_coder_
10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
is there any chance it get back ? I mean maybe they have a backup database somewhere and will put it running on a new server in different place ?

Seriously dude if I was the OiNK Sysops I wouldnt risk it again. If he gets caught a second time lol I dont even want to go there

Melvinmeow
10-23-2007, 09:37 PM
http://torrentfreak.com/oink-admin-released-from-custody-071023/

He was just released!!!

Kyl3KK
10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
MM: Fix your link.

SpiderPig
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I'd like to thank the traders who made this happen.

You are THE best.

Melvinmeow
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
MM: Fix your link.

Fixed now. Guess the site borked it somehow. Cause it was the same address I put originally too.

Kyl3KK
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks MM. :)

Skillz808
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Now yes this a bummer but how about all the users they had, are we in any trouble? i mean this is the first time i have ever been a part of a site that has been raided? i mean is there a possible chance? i wasnt very big into the community but i was a decent member.

everyone is all worried about the site and shit im worried about legal issues now lol. i think im done this one just hit me in the face. lol im all freaking out

goodbye torrenting it was fun.

Galva
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Very lame, had about 50 torrents bookmarked and a 200gig buffer which I was going to use at the end of the year.....damn it.

Melvinmeow
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Now yes this a bummer but how about all the users they had, are we in any trouble? i mean this is the first time i have ever been a part of a site that has been raided? i mean is there a possible chance? i wasnt very big into the community but i was a decent member.

everyone is all worried about the site and shit im worried about legal issues now lol. i think im done this one just hit me in the face. lol im all freaking out

with 160,000 users or so...
I doubt many if any will even be prosecuted. Its more of a scare tactic than anything in most cases like this.

Skillz808
10-23-2007, 10:17 PM

with 160,000 users or so...
I doubt many if any will even be prosecuted. Its more of a scare tactic than anything in most cases like this.

hmmm im going legit now buying everything. thanks for the reply but damn this shit really does scare the shit out of me.

(excuse my french)

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
hmmm im going legit now buying everything. thanks for the reply but damn this shit really does scare the shit out of me.

(excuse my french)

i hope this is a sarcasm :)

Ultramorpg
10-23-2007, 10:20 PM

That's exactly what they want us to do.

Nothing will happen to regular users, they just don't have enough evidence

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow, my friend just got started on Oink a few days ago.... and yesterday he said there was so much he wanted but didn't wan tto kill his ratio... sigh* he should have just leached everything....

zurdinho
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
damn it man its har dthis new

Skillz808
10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
well it is sad i will miss it. thanks for the replys bye

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
dude, spell check plz

stroj
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM

Wtf is wrong with you? To me its a joke, when they say "Yeah we are going after users blahblah". You are really paranoid..bye:sick:

aysomc
10-23-2007, 10:49 PM
i laugh when they say they're coming after users, come and get me bitches, id like to see you try. they wont do shit, if you were an admin/mod of the site maybe you should worry a little but even then i wouldnt sweat it too much. they did all this for publicity so they could scare us into quitting, they dont have the manpower or resources to come after any of us so lets all find a new site and make it the new oink.

Enlightened
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I guess Oink can be scraped out from the WIAW forever....

Nobody can be Banned now from Oink. oR their Invites taken away .....LOL

diaspora
10-23-2007, 11:03 PM
i cannot believe... oink best music tracker in the world is down:sick::frusty::cry:

weenden
10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
on a positive note i love squizzels av and ill miss oink not that i admit to using it

euitwa
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
FUCK...all those torrents...gone =(
All those torrents I wanted to get one day...one day...and now I'll never have them.
*cries*

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
where did they go? they still sit on peoples disks.

smirnoff
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
unbelievable.

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Whats funny is, its just a site, OPTIMUS HAS A GOOD POINT. All the actual files are on ppls disks. hell u can make any ole website and have all those people and it will be just like Oink

Gish
10-23-2007, 11:25 PM
a few questions that I have and a few others may have as well!
what was oink..if that was who was arrested and not another admin of the site doing in a country where filesharing is illegal there for very viable the the public eye. also the ISP or whatever of oink claims to have not known anything about the raid or the anything for that matter.
last but not least...
every good site has a backup right! most likely oink has a backup in hopefully another country. If so would it be possible to be back up weather under control by another admin in a number of weeks or months?

Sawyer2020
10-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I guess Oink can be scraped out from the WIAW forever....

Nobody can be Banned now from Oink. oR their Invites taken away .....LOL
I lost my invites there and I not care I just want this best music
site back online again
its the most source ever for music lovers

dsa16
10-24-2007, 12:09 AM
this sucks, anyone know of any alternatives

mrnobody
10-24-2007, 12:16 AM
humm humm

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-oink-closed-4-ever-tomorrow-243094

AkaiDoresu
10-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Hahahha cya ya tomorrow at OiNK guys :D I feel that the forum's gonna explode from people posting how happy they are:D owned~

Gish
10-24-2007, 12:42 AM
I hope the IRC gets back up at least so we can talk about it in a place for members only

Remi
10-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I SO can't resist...

http://www.delargy.com/images/2005_8_Honduras/pig_roast.JPG

:(

Squizzle
10-24-2007, 01:26 AM
on a positive note i love squizzels av

:wub:

garherd
10-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Like everybody else, Oink was my favorite music tracker. It makes you wonder that if they can be shut down, so can all the other major trackers. Truly this has been a bad day for all bittorent users.:(

rilhouse
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
RIP OiNK

mrnobody
10-24-2007, 01:48 AM
on a positive note i love squizzels av

:wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

Ghost+Rider
10-24-2007, 06:33 AM
OiNK Admin Released From Custody
Written by Ernesto on October 23, 2007

After a turbulent day the admin of the raided OiNK.cd was released from custody. At this point it is still unclear what the legal consequences will be, but it is good to see that OiNK is back home.

The OiNK admin contacted TorrentFreak by email which confirms his release. As for the OiNK users, it is highly doubtful that the IFPI or BPI will go after them all, or even one of them. They do know how to scare people with messages like: “A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of the site’s users”, but there is no evidence that they actually will.

More interesting perhaps, how did they gain access to the OiNK domain, and why are they allowed to spread this propaganda? They are not a law-enforcement agency.

NFOrce, the ISP of OiNK, said today in an interview that they were not aware of any illegal activities surrounding the site. They thought OiNK was hosting a streaming video site or a weblog. Yeah, right.

The BBC did a small report on the arrest with a lot of false information, releasing nonsense statements such as: “illegally downloading music onto his website” and “paying subscriptions to enter the website.”

Effer
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
the accusations of the ifpi are basically false and the server was in holland (other laws).

Is this true? Are you sure about this? Weren't the servers in the UK too?

This is what I was wondering about too, it seemed pretty improbable that the guy who ran the site didn't prepare for this legalwise.

Ghost+Rider
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Is this true? Are you sure about this? Weren't the servers in the UK too?

This is what I was wondering about too, it seemed pretty improbable that the guy who ran the site didn't prepare for this legalwise.

yes the servers were both in UK and Holland
U can't run so big site with a fuckin holland server :pinch:

Effer
10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
So, is what Polarbear said true? It really seems highly unlikely that admins and sysops would risk everything by not preparing for this kind of outcome.

In what way are the Holland laws different? Could this really be true, that he might just get away with a fine?

Polarbear, if you're here, speak up. ;)

Polarbear
10-24-2007, 09:29 AM
So, is what Polarbear said true? It really seems highly unlikely that admins and sysops would risk everything by not preparing for this kind of outcome.

In what way are the Holland laws different? Could this really be true, that he might just get away with a fine?

Polarbear, if you're here, speak up. ;)

IANAL

Fibre
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
yes the servers were both in UK and Holland

No. They were all in Holland.

SKGunners
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
The servers were in Holland. But the site and its owner were from UK.

kaoblanco
10-24-2007, 10:24 AM
but if it is Rared up couldn't it be classified as downloading data?? not copyrighted mp3s that would be my argument in court
"...in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording, or otherwise..." and so forth is pretty common fare, even for binary posts on usenet, old, copyrighted recordings from eras pre-dating digital (or even decent analog) storage methods.

"Apparently the countries that the IFPI will focus mainly on is: Brazil, Canada, China, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain, South Korea -- no way to confirm this info, but hey, ..."
Huh? How's that now? :huh:

even if you disagree
I believe in many things. For example, I believe you are a vengeful prick who got what he deserved and now should go fuck himself.

How's that for democracy, sport?

SKGunners
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM

Absolutely hilarious coming from a supposed resident of Thailand, where copyright law is taken so seriously (sarcasm alert for the humor impaired).

For those of you who have never been to Thailand, take a trip to Panthip Electronics mall in Bangok on your next visit. You will be accosted by hundreds of people trying to sell you pirated music, movies, and software for pennies on the dollar!

The RIAA, BPI, APFI, and Interpol hold no sway here, so I don't expect this will change anytime soon.

In the meantime, I look forward to another bittorrent site stepping up to take Oink's place so I don't have to sit in Bangkok traffic on the way to Panthip every time I want a 0-day release...

YetmaeLOL, I know that. I'm a pirate myself. I don't even go to Panthip for buying illegal stuff, but for buying PC accessories. I download my stuff...

My basic point in that post was to enlighten her as she thought all these websites were legal.

BTW, yetmae, your name is pretty offensive to those who understand Thai. Which part of BKK are you from though?

SAM
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
ooh god dam it
i've just seen it
i hope they can reopen

relleuM
10-24-2007, 11:43 AM
some one could make a new oink site and host it it would still have same uploaders just new managment wat u say ?

LOL, some how I dont think so:rolleyes:

Unstable1
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM

what a load of bullshit.

TekknoN1
10-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I hope the Admins on all Tracker dont log Ip's and encrypt the Server HD.
Security is the first rule !!
And I think all Users shouldn't post url's of any trackers or talk about the tarcker....!!!
No Invites closed the Sign Up on every Tracker or only Users with high Upload or Staff members can invite..

but filesharing will never die !!! i hope oink is in some weeks back !! ..other admin and other server ;)

we are one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zimmy
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
It is very sad. But it is not a suprise to that happend

monodinamo
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
http://tehpaine.blogspot.com/2007/10/sit-down-and-shut-fuck-up.html

sear
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
thanks for the link interesting read.

jam0980tr
10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
they will be back with a new name and a fresh start lol

PX-Magnant
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
sad... it was a great tracker :(

PlainShane
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I suggest everyone RSS feed to tehpaine's blog. We must be intelligent and not childlike; let us be aware and smart of news. Does anyone realize that this is of paramount importance to maintain inertia for the scene and its entirety?

Of course, all of us want to be the first to sign up when the new one opens :p