PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!Investigation into identities of Oink's Users!!:(:(

Ghost+Rider
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Check out the site
Oink.cd

This site has been closed as a result of criminal investigation by IFPI,BPI,Cleveland Police and the Fiscal Investigation Unit of Dutch Police (FIOD ECD) into suspected illegal music distribution

A criminal investigation continues into the identities and activities of site's users

Do they really mean it :cry::cry:

Blackstreet
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
They cant take all the user to prison

dcliffnotes
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
man i didnt notice that earlier. i think they might aim at users with most gbs d/l and upped

ibnahmed
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
very interesting, i deleted my torrents now, lol

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Not enough people. And legal issues differ from country to country. In Hungary for e.g. torrenting and an individual downloading some music stuff cannot be criminalized. Cmon, they should infringe and sue some million people - had OiNK not been the only torrent site. And this is about the end of all these assholes like RIAA, MPAA. This is their last agony. It has to change. Not the people are bad - the law!!
We are ahead of this - I feel the wind of changes.

GoodOmens
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Interesting indeed ....

jasperr
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
i like your optimism sylar666, and they should be put on notice... they are getting way too big for their britches..... and right now they think they can do whatever they want.. thats not right..

ose
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
that's interesting message

nice from them some users still can be unware of what happened ... like 100 000 users

freedom
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
They cant take all the user to prison

hahah good one... :lol:

optimus_prime
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
i wouldn't advise people to keep seeding oink torrents tho :)

Ghost+Rider
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Ah Fuck Me i upped the first torrent of my life at oink today :(

Squizzle
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
LOL

This is what we call scare tactics people, wise up and stop being so damned scared gullible, damn.

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Nice one Old Buddy. Look BitMeTV got away with it this time. Not that I wish this happening to them, no way...
But why OiNK? My heart aches...

Ghost+Rider
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
LOL

This is what we call scare tactics people, wise up and stop being so damned scared gullible, damn.

They have got fuckin Registration Data Ip's and all the shit
Damn who can sleep tonite to see the fuckin police on the doorstep the next morning :frusty::frusty:

Squizzle
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
LOL

Damn who can sleep tonite to see the fuckin police on the doorstep the next morning :frusty::frusty:

You really think 200,000 people are going to jail? Stop being pathetic and think of the people who are REALLY in trouble here, i.e. the adminstration and site operators.

Qua
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
What can they do? Launch the bigest lawsuit in history? I don't think that there will be pink prison cells in the future. This is just attempt to scare people,and like someone said people will eventually get sick of this sh*t and make ome changes.
Copyright iz for teh n00bs :D Fight the power ;)

mbucari1
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
LOL

Damn who can sleep tonite to see the fuckin police on the doorstep the next morning :frusty::frusty:that's right, as well as your entire snatch list.

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
LOL

I second that! They will fail! Long live BiTTorrent!;)

nista
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM

You really think 200,000 people are going to jail? Stop being pathetic and think of the people who are REALLY in trouble here, i.e. the adminstration and site operators.

why jail? think that u have to pay for example 1000$ for every song u downloaded and than yes they could fuck us aŽll with that

blackbird
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
LOL

where are you from ? india ??

they dont give a shit .. so stop worrying :ermm:

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I used seedbox...:) And dynamic IP, but who cares. They can play with my ball. Guys this is overhyped a little. I reckon it is a public theatre...intimidating the public.
As Romans say: Panem et circenses!

mbucari1
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM

where are you from ? india ??

they dont give a shit .. so stop worrying :ermm:I don't believe that they'd go after the entire userbase, but I do consider it a possibility that they may go after the top data transferrers and distribute the user information to other anti-piracy organizations such as the riaa.

Yesum
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM

That's not what he means. I mean, people uploaded/download like 50 GB or so have nothing to worry about. It's the big fishes they want. Maybe those guys that uploaded over a terrabyte or so. They may have reason to be worried, or it's just scare tactics.

mbucari1
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I used seedbox...:) And dynamic IP, but who cares. They can play with my ball. Guys this is overhyped a little. I reckon it is a public theatre...intimidating the public.
As Romans say: Panem et circenses!
you think dynamic IP will save you?

IP address + time + warrant = your identity from ISP

Effer
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, it's actuallymore than just 200 000 users if you count all of the banned ones (they're in the log too), but in case we ARE all going to prison ... Anybody wanna share a cell? :D

Or trade one? Or give one away? :D

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
You all forget that yes, there are thousands of users there but the upper most echelon is the Power User+

How many of you were Power User+ and had been there for over two years? Yea, that makes a batch or two of us and that is narrowed down quite a bit. I say listen up: you never know man! Get your hands on a copy of drive washer and keep it in your secondary optical for that time when someone does show up on you doorstep so you can run to your room, lock yourself in, load the drive washer, and smoke a cigarette until the door is broken down. That sounded slightly humorous but that was the first thought that came through my mind this morning after I noticed all of my t012123n75 fucked.

Wow I already feel the pain of not having on demand FLAC loads..

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
RIAA and IPFI and MPAA eats shit , and do not have a jurisdiction here.

KFlint
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
tell me, do you think that oink was using their own seedboxes to seed part of the content of the site?

if so, then they are if way deeper shit i guess :(

what were the top data transferrers stats btw? hope i'm not into it with 200 gigs lol

azteca
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
OMG I AM SO SCARED lol xD

Nexus
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I doubt they can do anything, it's just scare tactics once again. They might go after very high profile people so that's like 1-2 more people.

Qua
10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't worry Effer,I watched Prison Break,so I'll get us all out of there :D
And trading cells is not allowed:D