PDA

View Full Version : oink is gone, BUT his best users are HERE! - CALL TO ARMS

jokzor
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
if someone has the expertize to create another torrent tracker with improved security he just needs to post it here and we will have oink back

crashmycivic
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
little more to it than that

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
This is not an issue right now 4 sure...

AnestesiaGeral
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Oink structure is pretty hard to duplicate. We can talk about it but I don't think will ever appear other tracker like it.

Did you guys ever tried Soulseek? This baby is world wide size. It has everything. If exists it's on Soulseek.

zedex
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
yeah but there is such a person or group they dont need to talk about it here

thats for sre

GoodOmens
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
What software did oink use?

Yesum
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Something like OiNK will appear again sooner or later, but now is not the time.

We'll see where to go next, but right now, it's just sad.

ibnahmed
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Oink structure is pretty hard to duplicate. We can talk about it but I don't think will ever appear other tracker like it.

Did you guys ever tried Soulseek? This baby is world wide size. It has everything. If exists it's on Soulseek.

what is that?
is it app place?

fOrUmAs
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
lol what now every few min.will be open new topic abouth Oink..

Squizzle
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
What software did oink use?

it used it's own, unique, highly customised code based on the torrentbits tracker, like nearly all sites. *sighs*

AnestesiaGeral
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM

what is that?
is it app place?

Nope.

Take a look: http://www.slsknet.org/

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Here...
http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com/

sexydingo
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I think its definitely going to be a hard one to duplicate. I would definitely like to see someone capable step up to the challenge, though. There's really no true alternative to OiNK. Hah, I guess we can all rock the 'OiNK Banned User' userbar now :-)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5319/killer23custombarao8gu1.gif

BawA
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
well then can somebody give me his/her oink account :naughty:

Skiz
10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
what is that?
is it app place?

Nope.

Check out the filesharingtalk.com room as well. :happy:

AnestesiaGeral
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Nope.

Whenever I'm on soulseek I'm also there.

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't think you could ever create a large music tracker as good as OiNK and still be secure... secure would mean not hundreds of thousands of users, and that amount of users is what made OiNK so much different than any 0-day music trackers, because a lot of them uploaded their own stuff..

I knew something of this sort would happen once OiNK started getting mentioned in magazines on lists for best music site and whatnot... hopefully THEY come back.. :(

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Someone should post how to get to the FST soulseek room for us that have never used it. Is soulseek similar to DC++ where one could look at another's entire share folder and choose what to download? Direct Connect was the S.

One thing is for sure.. we must all assimilate into a somewhat concentrated area. If we spread out then it will take forever to have a patch to the burn. By WE I mean those of us which had been on OiNK for years or using BT for years, are not n00bs, and have tons of stuff to share. The users that matter for something to start whom end up being the invite grandfather to many a n00b down the lineage.

zema
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Nope.

not for Mac!

Toufas
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Nope.

the room named filesharingtalk.com is empty right now :S

FACE_TO_FACE
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Its a very important lost for bittorrent World thats a fact. I dont think that soon we will see another "Oink"...

It was a very special tracker, with very strict rules and with a fantastic upload system.

We will miss you OINK

fridash
10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
this is so sad ............................

not

thewizeard
10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
the room named filesharingtalk.com is empty right now :S

It's not, well not toatally..

here is the guide.. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-file-sharing-8/t-soulseek-guide-67507 the best quality music was always to be found on SoulSeek.,..anyway...so let's not be too melodramatic... :)

PlainShane
10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I just downloaded SoulSeek and chilling in the filesharingtalk.com room. We need more people in there whom are not away :rolleyes:

fifty99
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM

I am sure the coder had backup for his work ... was it not just 1 coder that did most of the work on that site ... I am sure if they wanted to they could get the site backup and running as I am sure it was not oink that coded that site .. forget their name though

Tokeman
10-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Yea, the coders should have backups, just slap 'em on a server in another country. If they can get a site up, the users will flood in and help with the costs i'm sure. Even if its not 100%, just get something up and let it roll.

Its up to the ones that control the backups now.

WarrenBuffet
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Jesus Christ..... Theres is literally no place like Oink. Not One. Beat Itunes and Amazon in quality and service.

Xenafor
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Damn, I was about to pick up some high end headphones for music listening, but I don't even know if it's worth it anymore.

rvt
10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Getting set up is the easy part.
Finding someone willing to put their neck on the line who also has the trust of the users and the experience required is the hard part.

Anyone stepping in to open a site as big as oink is pretty much going to have to have a very loose signup/invite policy to start with, and they will make a very easy target for the guys who just took down oink.

Xenafor
10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Anyone know if the users are going to be in any direct fire?

BLaZiN
10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Jesus Christ..... Theres is literally no place like Oink. Not One. Beat Itunes and Amazon in quality and service.

:yup:

rvt
10-23-2007, 07:35 PM

The blurb about hunting the users is just BS from the media companies.
Nothing in the database is anything other than circumstantial evidence, which is useless for going after users with.

Maybe a certain user uploaded 10TB of pre-release music, maybe they cheated their ratio or a staff member manually edited the database. None of it is solid enough for a court.

KFlint
10-23-2007, 07:38 PM

Nothing in the database is anything other than circumstantial evidence, which is useless for going after users with.

Maybe a certain user uploaded 10TB of pre-release music, maybe they cheated their ratio or a staff member manually edited the database. None of it is solid enough for a court.

exactly what i believe too

abitaamber
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM

I am sure the coder had backup for his work ... was it not just 1 coder that did most of the work on that site ... I am sure if they wanted to they could get the site backup and running as I am sure it was not oink that coded that site .. forget their name though

Too Much Time (TMT) was Oink's cohort that was responsible for most of the coding.

nag13
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Guys quit trippin' Oink will be back.

Sylar666
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Asked many times, Xenafor. Use search function. BTW nobody knows. Commonsense is that no, they won't be. Try to identify and catch some thousand users...And try to prove the case. No staff for this kinda operation , we talk about huge numbers hzere. Legal constraints differ in each and every country. So relax. My two cents on it.

I have to agree with every word U say. They try to set the P2P society on fire and cause mess and panic. I do not intend to play their way.

MrLazy
10-23-2007, 07:49 PM
sigh .. and i just got a new account there from my friend ..didnt even get to download anything !! *sigh* ...hopefully there would be somthing like oink in the near future ...miss it already :(

bourne
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Guys quit trippin' Oink will be back.

I hope so! :D I read only good stuff about OINK, so i hope that will come back!

Detale
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Im with nag It will be back just like Piratebay, demoniod and others Dont panic all will be fine

CableMan391
10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
What do you guys think will happen now to the people running it legal wise. Prison time?

Polarbear
10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
What do you guys think will happen now to the people running it legal wise. Prison time?

nothing serious, maybe a fine.

Ruski1982
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
If you do some digging, so far those groups have been pretty unsuccessful in prosecuting site-admins and owners.

The problem for them, would most likely be in a form of a fine and/or probation (especially for first-time offenders).

People who commit identity theft and actually compromise millions of dollars often get off with no prison time for their first offence!!!!...so chances of someone running a P2P Network going to prison are quite small.

Melvinmeow
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
http://torrentfreak.com/oink-admin-released-from-custody-071023/
He was just released!!!

Ruski1982
10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
would be interesting to see though if my OiNK torrents are still seeding when I get home lol.

http://feed.torrentfreak.com/~r/Torr.../~3/173988384/ (http://feed.torrentfreak.com/%7Er/Torr.../%7E3/173988384/)

He was just released!!!

Something about that link isnt working...

mossy123
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Well they may make an example of a few users and I sure as hell hope its not any of us dudes. You see the problem is that it aint the guy running the oink site but the users who are responsible of uploading the warez. So that US!!!

Melvinmeow
10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
would be interesting to see though if my OiNK torrents are still seeding when I get home lol.

http://feed.torrentfreak.com/~r/Torr.../~3/173988384/ (http://feed.torrentfreak.com/%7Er/Torr.../%7E3/173988384/)

He was just released!!!

Something about that link isnt working...

fixed

Mr JP Fugley
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Evening geniuses.

People trying to destroy Soulseek now, or talking shite about legal stuff they know nothing about. Wringing their hands about a "private" tracker being compromised, in spite of the fact it was them who compromised it.

You're twats, but at least you give me a laugh.

For my next trick I'm closing all the other "private" trackers you compromised.

If you want me to close your next filesharing system please start a new section about it here.

zurdinho
10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
i take this decision follow man i need get back our oink ........oink get back

Ruski1982
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Evening geniuses.

People trying to destroy Soulseek now, or talking shite about legal stuff they know nothing about. Wringing their hands about a "private" tracker being compromised, in spite of the fact it was them who compromised it.

You're twats, but at least you give me a laugh.

For my next trick I'm closing all the other "private" trackers you compromised.

If you want me to close your next filesharing system please start a new section about it here.

I am not sure why you have to be so negative and judgmental of people who are just offering their opinions on this matter....the fact is, none of us (including yourself) know exactly how any legal proceedings might or might not turn out in this case and are just speaking out of possible past experiences, etc...

so there is no need to bash people for no apparent reason!

you are right however (if i understood you correctly), that the more ppl talk about private trackers, etc. they expose them to possible raids/shutdowns....which is the reality of this scene/community.

However, if we look back 5-10 years and how the P2P community has grown and the successes we have seen from this exact thing: "talking, sharing, communicating!".....if we take all this away, and not introduce new ppl to P2P networks...we will start to turn the whole clock back and go to a WAY more private and not so P2P, type scene!

Would we really all want it to be like before...where only the select few had the knowledge/access to go on the private IRC Networks and 0day/0sec sites???....that was a great way to start and grow, but isnt the point of all this "sharing" and introducing new members?

And lets not forget......they did busts before!!! the BSA going after groups......Razor1911 bust, etc....so its nothing new...we just have a much larger community and much more worldwide...so there will be more busts/attention.

Thats my 3 cents

euitwa
10-23-2007, 11:35 PM

nothing serious, maybe a fine.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Scene people have ended up doing hard time before. Not a super long sentence, usually like 2-3 years, but still, people have done time before.

The real problem is that even if Oink comes back...will the seeders come back or is it just going to be dead torrents. Rebuilding a library of live torrents like that is going to take forever =(

fstrulz
10-23-2007, 11:41 PM
OiNK Investigation Seeks Identities and Activities of Users (http://torrentfreak.com/oink-investigation-seeks-identities-and-activities-of-users-071023/)

sleepyy
10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm going to phone them in the morning and tell them that i was an oink user haha see what they say for laughs or am i being to cocky now?

Leamonde
10-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Well... i have in mind make a music tracker for long time ago, maybie its time for this :P , ppl with some experience interested pm me. :)

wzeng
10-24-2007, 03:46 AM
the community responds quickly so for you to be able to take advantage of any void caused by the loss of oink you'd need to respond quickly