PDA

View Full Version : What low level music tracker has the most potential

Trickology
10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
What tracker do you think has the most potential to get better and the one you like best

Vipmusic
softmp3
stmusic
filemp3.org
other

ckrustrup
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I've been using filemp3.org - Always been fast on the uploads and fast seeders :-)!

Toufas
10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
nothing has the old stuff like oink used to...

thejosher
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
softmp3 is the best of those sites.

Trickology
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
nothing has the old stuff like oink used to...

I wasn't trying to compare any thing to oink

LaPistola
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
pedros btmusic

0Ri0N
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Those sites are music 0day sites only. Thats it!

Trickology
10-23-2007, 09:52 PM

What dose 0day mean

Polarbear
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM

What dose 0day mean

scene

pnmgomes
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
For me is libble at least for indie / alternative music!
Off course there is indietorrents too!!!

euitwa
10-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Ugh...there's nothing out there that was quite as expansive as oink =( They're either scene based sites or niche sites like indietorrents/trancetraffic.

*sigh* hopefully...there will rise a new king of mp3 trackers.

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 11:36 PM
For me is libble at least for indie / alternative music!
Off course there is indietorrents too!!!

Couldn't have said it any better..
A lot of people are turning to Libble after OiNK too.
Lots of stuff being uploaded right now from "OiNK refugees"

Ugh...there's nothing out there that was quite as expansive as oink =( They're either scene based sites or niche sites like indietorrents/trancetraffic.

Libble has most of the same genres, the same uploading rules, and practically the same site layout (not same design), but there are requests, anyone can upload. It's not 0-day. Same file types are allowed, etc...

It is VERY similar, just lacks members and all the member torrents OiNK had.

pnmgomes
10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Couldn't have said it any better..
A lot of people are turning to Libble after OiNK too.
Lots of stuff being uploaded right now from "OiNK refugees"

Libble has most of the same genres, the same uploading rules, and practically the same site layout (not same design), but there are requests, anyone can upload. It's not 0-day. Same file types are allowed, etc...

It is VERY similar, just lacks members and all the member torrents OiNK had.

There might be a problem?
News from libble:

Oct-23-07 - Open sign up no more.

Grind$oFine
10-24-2007, 01:23 AM
News from libble:

Not much of a problem, this is an invite forum.

They should've been closed all along, they were a closed site a few months ago. They've just been open more recently, and closed back up.

In any case there is an invite forum here... :idunno:

AkaiDoresu
10-24-2007, 01:40 AM
NWTracker.org gentlemen ;]

rilhouse
10-24-2007, 01:43 AM
damn, looks like my indietorrent account is disabled due to inactivity, looking for a new fav tracker....

sovaz
10-24-2007, 01:53 AM
@AkaiDoresu
In wat language is NWTracker.org? Its not tat good coz it only has about 300 torrents...vipmusic i think can have the potential to b link oink if they put much effort to improve the site's features etc...it has many nice collections.

AkaiDoresu
10-24-2007, 02:20 AM
@AkaiDoresu
In wat language is NWTracker.org? Its not tat good coz it only has about 300 torrents...vipmusic i think can have the potential to b link oink if they put much effort to improve the site's features etc...it has many nice collections.

lets define potential then... NWTracker.org is Polish but it's been on only for 2 weeks and already has over 700users and almost 300 torrents. This site is going to rock very soon ;]

onlinetragedy
10-24-2007, 02:34 AM
stmusic is getting bigger and better

Bonnonon
10-25-2007, 06:53 AM
News from libble:

Not much of a problem, this is an invite forum.

They should've been closed all along, they were a closed site a few months ago. They've just been open more recently, and closed back up.

In any case there is an invite forum here... :idunno:

As a former Oinker I am on withdrawal. how and where can I get a libble invite.

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 07:00 AM
many former oink users joined libble so far. their user limit has been reached in no time.

if they are clever they will rise it.

Probability
10-25-2007, 07:02 AM
stmusic has 60,000 users
libble has 5,000 users

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 07:03 AM
stmusic has 60,000+ users. Why would you goto libble with only 5,000 people?

old and non scene releases.

Probability
10-25-2007, 07:05 AM
5,000 torrents vs STMusic's 14,000?

Btw they are opening up user uploads, all their torrents are scene releases.

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
i'n not saying that libble is better. of course i have both.

Probability
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
libble is garbage.

Grind$oFine
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
If you actually went to Libble, and checked it out, you'd realize that it's categories, it's upload rules, the type of files it allows, it's site setup - everything - is very similar to OiNK. The difference is - it's smaller, but it can grow.

Also STMusic may get more stuff, but SOME people choose quality over quantity.
I don't think I've ever kept an album I've downloaded from there and I'm not that hard to please, it just all wound up being really lame stuff.

True all-around music fans want more than just scene shit anyway...
Most of the best albums in existence will NEVER be available on STMusic.

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
i predict that libble will grow very fast. nearly 6.000 torrents now. i've seen loads of well known ex oinkers in their forum.

Skengeboy
10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
[1203] dbconn: mysql_connect: User nwtrackerdb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Nwtracker could start with fixing this, and throw in some english and you'll have yourself a tracker.

Probability
10-25-2007, 08:38 AM
If you actually went to Libble, and checked it out, you'd realize that it's categories, it's upload rules, the type of files it allows, it's site setup - everything - is very similar to OiNK. The difference is - it's smaller, but it can grow.

I don't think I've ever kept an album I've downloaded from there and I'm not that hard to please, it just all wound up being really lame stuff.

They are starting user uploads. Same rules as oink.

They have 60,000 vs 5,000 people. Rules? They can be changed, same as stmusic.

What makes you think libble will even have quality? Both sites have the same upload rules, quality wise.

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
what are your informations based on, that stmusic will allow non scene user uploads?

edit: nm, got it. they are working on a new non scene upload section. good idea!

Grind$oFine
10-25-2007, 09:06 AM

They are starting user uploads. Same rules as oink.

They have 60,000 vs 5,000 people. Rules? They can be changed, same as stmusic.

What makes you think libble will even have quality? Both sites have the same upload rules, quality wise.

I've been a member of Libble for months, and I've quite enjoyed it even before OiNK went down, so yes, I do believe Libble has quality. It's not filled with users uploading every album that ever existed, but filled with users uploading everything they really like and want others to hear. And there's a decent request section if you want something not uploaded already.

If you're into 0-day, of course STMusic is great, but they're such a strong and successful 0-day, I don't know how well this user-uploading/nonscene is gonna work out when they're already pretty established.

I guess, really, when it comes down to it, I feel 0-day sites often have a machine-y feel to them, specifically ones with large userbases. I don't like looking at scene tags. I like seeing users rip/upload their own torrents, add their own description and comments. I like the neatness of nonscene sites and the community feel.

I don't think there could be a best replacement, since there are so many things OiNK provided people with that can't be fulfilled with one tracker or even many trackers.
And I suppose the arguing is pointless. Just face it, nothing is the next OiNK... :ermm: Unless they make a comeback. :unsure:

t0mmy
10-25-2007, 10:14 AM
im also wondering, where can i get a libble invite :D

Tago Mago
10-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Lot of ex-Oinkers are headed to Funkytorrents.

ejac
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I am a member on btmusic, stmusic, softmp3, filemp3, trancetraffic, and oink.

For me personally, i like stmusic best (after oink ofcourse). I'm mostly interested in techno and electronic releases.
I really would like to see stmusic grow towards what oink once was. They allow old releases now, but they put them all together in one section (archived) which kind of sucks. But it has a lot of potential, and a lot of releases come out there (more than on the others im a member of) in the genres i'm most interested in

thelevy23
10-25-2007, 04:32 PM
softmp3

DaNi92
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
softmp3 :)

briand5379
10-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Bigger isn't always better. I'm not always much for speculation as it's a good way to lose your shorts.

stephout
10-26-2007, 06:02 AM
stmusic all the way...look at the changes they did just in the past 2 days...