PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame!

Wolfmight
07-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Aspartame sugar substitutes cause worrying symptoms from memory loss to brain tumours. But despite US FDA approval as a 'safe' food additive, aspartame is one of the most dangerous substances ever to be foisted upon an unsuspecting public.

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death as recently disclosed in a February 1994 Department of Health and Human Services report.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include:
Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, *weight gain*, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by ingesting of aspartame:(2)
Brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.

ASPARTAME CAN BE FOUND IN:
- instant breakfasts
- breath mints
- cereals
- sugar-free chewing gum
- cocoa mixes
- coffee beverages
- frozen desserts
- gelatin desserts
- juice beverages
- laxatives
- multivitamins
- milk drinks
- pharmaceuticals and supplements
- shake mixes
- soft drinks
- tabletop sweeteners
- tea beverages
- instant teas and coffees
- topping mixes
- wine coolers
- yogurt

dam, i'm gonna double check diet food/drink products next time i goto the store :( :(

btw, i dont know why the US Government doesnt ban this, but maybe he has had too much himself lol. I mean, they need to focus some research on somethin safer.

I suggest people who are worried to drink water (the best drink of all), because it flushes toxins and such out of your body. ;)

djflypson
07-13-2003, 09:30 PM
.. and if you drink the same water almost every day, check it out. Keep the minerals normal (no extra minerals) and all other values of salts, calcium, magnesium and others should be small, like 5-10mg/l.

or get a krustyburger :huh:

Assultsniper
07-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Coca Cola contains materials for fastening metals! all the ingridients are put in latin so that you cant figure out what it really is! Coke is slowly killing you, It's also made of the same plant that cocaine is made up of! those are some of the reasons why I dont drink coke its too dangerous that stuff contains enough acid to burn through metal and not speaking of your insides! :blink:

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Assultsniper@14 July 2003 - 08:19
Coca Cola contains materials for fastening metals! all the ingridients are put in latin so that you cant figure out what it really is! Coke is slowly killing you, It's also made of the same plant that cocaine is made up of! those are some of the reasons why I dont drink coke its too dangerous that stuff contains enough acid to burn through metal and not speaking of your insides!  :blink:
modern coca cola doesn't have any connection to cocaine (hydroxide).
you really think they could sell an illegal product worldwide?

also, if the acid can burn through metal, how can it be stored in metal cans?
the acid is actually very weak, normal vinegar (ethanoic acid) is more acidic than the acid found in soft drinks (carbonic acid)

and the aspartame debate is such a babble of sh*te

believe it if you want, but almost everything available is gonna hurt/kill you unless taken in moderation

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 02:25
normal vinegar (ethanoic acid)
:D Hey thanks for expanding my vocabulary noob!

I always thought vinegar was acetic acid - now I know I was slightly mistaken.

btw- you didn't mention the hydrochloric acid that the stomach produces - it's stonger still. ;)

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by tite-wad@14 July 2003 - 08:34
:D Hey thanks for expanding my vocabulary noob!

I always thought vinegar was acetic acid - now I know I was slightly mistaken.

btw- you didn't mention the hydrochloric acid that the stomach produces - it's stonger still. ;)
acetic acid was the old name for vinegar
ethanoic is the new systematic name

so we're both right :lol:

and yeah, i forgot about hydrocloric acid.

i was kinda annoyed with mr sniper for saying such blindingly obviously fake stuff, so i forgot a little

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 July 2003 - 02:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 14 July 2003 - 02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>acetic acid was the old name for vinegar
ethanoic is the new systematic name

so we&#39;re both right :lol: [/b]
Yeah, that&#39;s why I said slightly mistaken.Guess I&#39;m still thinkin old school&#33; :P
<!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 02:38
i was kinda annoyed with mr sniper for saying such blindingly obviously fake stuff...[/quote]
The Coca-Cola stuff probably is mostly bunk, but I know from personal experience that quantities of aspartame can trigger headaches. >_<

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 08:03 AM
well, i drank 12 cans of diet coke yesterday (it&#39;s really hot here) and i never even got a sniff of a sore head

had to go to the toilet a lot though...:P

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Different compounds can affect different people well... differently&#33; :P

Kinda like allergies I reckon.

lynx
07-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by djflypson@13 July 2003 - 22:30
.. and if you drink the same water almost every day, check it out.
Now that&#39;s recycling :x

djflypson
07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
:D :lol: :D

you really think they could sell an illegal product worldwide?

NO &#33; Only the us &#33; They wouldn&#39;t dare to make somebody unhealthy for money &#33; :D

Ron
07-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Assultsniper@14 July 2003 - 09:19
Coca Cola contains materials for fastening metals&#33; all the ingridients are put in latin so that you cant figure out what it really is&#33; Coke is slowly killing you, It&#39;s also made of the same plant that cocaine is made up of&#33; those are some of the reasons why I dont drink coke its too dangerous that stuff contains enough acid to burn through metal and not speaking of your insides&#33; :blink:
You have the ingredient list for Coke? :o
I always thought they kept that a secret?

Anyway, Coke can also clean a rusted bolt as clean as a whistle, when you put it in it for a couple of hours.
No rust in my intestants. :P

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Ron@14 July 2003 - 14:15
You have the ingredient list for Coke? :o
I always thought they kept that a secret?

Anyway, Coke can also clean a rusted bolt as clean as a whistle, when you put it in it for a couple of hours.
No rust in my intestants. :P
it&#39;s actually easier than you would think to get a full chemical breakdown of the constituent parts of coca cola

it can be done very simply on a gas liquid chromatograph and/or a mass spectrometer

however, the secret is knowing how to mix the ingredients, not the ingredients themselves

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Ron@14 July 2003 - 08:15
... And saliva can disolve armor plating given enough time.(Make sure you don&#39;t have any of that dangerous stuff in your mouth&#33;&#33;&#33;) :o

RGX
07-14-2003, 04:22 PM
:D :D :D

going by a lot of reasearch today, almost everything gives you cancer, so its a firm bet that if you live long enough you&#39;ll get it, but am I worried

Yes

However, there is nothing I can do to stop it, so im going to enjoy my coke in blissfull ignorance, if it isnt coke its fecking water next, soon to be found with carconegenic substances in the fluride (sp) in it :P

back to my giant glass of coke

Ron
07-14-2003, 04:37 PM
The cure to cancer is simple.
Seawater&#33;&#33;&#33;
Sharks are immune to cancer, so it must be the seawater, no?
Besides, of all the bodies they recovered from the ocean, not one had died of cancer&#33;&#33;&#33;

lynx
07-14-2003, 04:48 PM
The Drinking Water Inspectorate (UK) has just released findings for the best and worst drinking water quality.

The best - straight from the tap.
The worst - some of the most expensive bottled waters.

But it didn&#39;t say whether the best was from areas with fluoridation or without.

I currently live in an area without fluoridation, what is the opinion of others on this enforced medication ?

Wolfmight
07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Coke actually will wear down your teeth faster than any other soda i&#39;ve heard..
Drinking too many of them give u a very rough sandpaper feeling or something.

RGX
07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
(this is true)

If you leave a tooth in a glass of coke for 12 hours it will have almost completly dissolved :|

Its also an amazing drain cleaner

Ron
07-14-2003, 08:49 PM
I know they use washing powder in taxidermy to dissolve flesh.
If Coke gets rid of the teeth and bones, we&#39;ve just found a way to get rid of my (future, VERY rich) wife&#33;&#33;&#33;

This is a great forum&#33;&#33;&#33;
Thank you, thank you, thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;
http://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gifhttp://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gifhttp://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gif

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RGX@14 July 2003 - 15:36
(this is true)

If you leave a tooth in a glass of coke for 12 hours it will have almost completly dissolved
I would guess that 12 hours might be a bit of an exaggeration.

But given enough time... it probably would. :blink:

Ron
07-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Could you be a bit more specific than "enough time"? ;)

RGX
07-14-2003, 09:01 PM
unless the source i got it from was untrue (biology teacher a while ago who used to work in cleaning chemical production), I havnt exagerated it

tite-wad
07-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Ron+14 July 2003 - 16:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron &#064; 14 July 2003 - 16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Could you be a bit more specific than "enough time"?&nbsp; ;)[/b]
:rolleyes: Several.... weeks, months?

The enamel on teeth is an extremely hard and non-porus substance.

If your saliva doesn&#39;t disolve it - Coke ain&#39;t gonna do it very fast either.

<!--QuoteBegin-RGX@14 July 2003 - 16:01
unless the source i got it from was untrue (biology teacher a while ago who used to work in cleaning chemical production), I havnt exagerated it[/quote]
My high-school biology teacher used to spin some wild yarns too.

Don&#39;t believe everything you hear - not even from your teachers. ;)

3rd gen noob
07-15-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Ron@14 July 2003 - 21:49
I know they use washing powder in taxidermy to dissolve flesh.
If Coke gets rid of the teeth and bones, we&#39;ve just found a way to get rid of my (future, VERY rich) wife&#33;&#33;&#33;

This is a great forum&#33;&#33;&#33;
Thank you, thank you, thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;
http://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gifhttp://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gifhttp://users.skynet.be/Ron/praise.gif
the amount of time coke would take to dissolve a full body would be very, very long indeed (months rather than weeks).
the time to dissolve an adults tooth would be approx 2-3 days.
a child&#39;s tooth, approx 1-2 days

djflypson
07-15-2003, 02:50 AM
@Ron Seas are not polluted completely yet. Where are the fish there ? And because of what did they die? Burns would eat it&#33;

You&#39;ll die anyway ... ok, but until then i would like to feel good, and polluting your body makes you feel polluted. This cancer does not appear suddenly, it&#39;s a place that has being under attack for a loooong time.
Put a flame close to your skin without hurting yourself, but being very hot for some minutes (you even might enjoy it in the beginning), do it almost every day, point will come when it starts hurting, things will get worse ...

don&#39;t forget foodindustry is not intrested in how it tasts for you, they just want your money.

hi all&#33;

Ron
07-15-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by djflypson@15 July 2003 - 04:50
don&#39;t forget foodindustry is not intrested in how it tasts for you, they just want your money.

Actually, they ARE interested, BECAUSE they want my money. ;)

Spindulik
07-15-2003, 02:59 AM
Don&#39;t click this. (http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nvj6/yr.mp3)

Hmmm... I have to take a cigarette break now. Be back to make a reply.

Ron
07-15-2003, 03:04 AM
I clicked it anyway.
Hehehe.
I know, I know, I&#39;m a naughty boy.
Call NikkiD and have her punish me. She knows how. ;)

djflypson
07-15-2003, 03:11 AM
they want it to tast good for the biggest amount of people; you have a special taste, yours is not the same as any of those other 1,000,000s.

Although you&#39;re right Ron, it was not very thoughtfull, but i think you&#39;ll agree about this world going square because of this money :ph34r:

bill oddie
12-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Em Es Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

weenden
12-26-2007, 11:54 PM
wow as much diet coke i use im gonna die .....oh well gotta die anyways