PDA

View Full Version : How long untill oink is back

Gish
10-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I know their are so many threads about oink but I'm sitting at my computer unable to sleep so I thought I would make this poll!!!

and please state why?

Skiz
10-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Never, most likely. Their servers were confiscated, so I'm told.

AkaiDoresu
10-24-2007, 03:12 AM
How expensive were those? is it something that will be impossible to rebuy?

JA
10-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Don't think money will be an issue, rather getting the DB, and rebuilding the tbdev code?...

Skiz
10-24-2007, 03:16 AM

Servers are the least of their worries right now.

kallieb
10-24-2007, 03:20 AM
I've not seen such an outpouring of separation angst ever. Consider Oink a hand in a glass of water. Something else will come up, and hopefully something safer and more respectful to users and uploaders and the rest of BT land. My guess, from reading the comments, is that they considered themselves greater than they were. Vanity topples even the greatest giants.

Gish
10-24-2007, 03:23 AM
the same thing keeps coming to my mind...... "Backup"
as much I think they do indeed have a backup somewhere its the fact that with 180,000 members they would need allot of servers to hold everyone.
just say they comeback at the end of the month then everyone at the same time logs on which would tend happen. wow talk about stress on the servers.
its going to take an another army of servers just to hold everyone!

kallieb
10-24-2007, 03:28 AM
the same thing keeps coming to my mind...... "Backup"
as much I think they do indeed have a backup somewhere its the fact that with 180,000 members they would need allot of servers to hold everyone.
just say they comeback at the end of the month then everyone at the same time logs on which would tend happen. wow talk about stress on the servers.
its going to take an another army of servers just to hold everyone!

that's exactly what happened to demonoid when it choked up back in July(??). When the server finally came back online the users flooded the load so bad that it crashed again. It took WEEKS before everything (forums, etc) was back in place.

AkaiDoresu
10-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Don't think money will be an issue, rather getting the DB, and rebuilding the tbdev code?...

Well since it was such a huge website they must have some kind of backup database someplace where it is only accesible for most trusted people.

dnero73
10-24-2007, 03:37 AM
also the question is how many people wuld be willing to go back i´m sure a lot of people would be to paranoid to return

0Ri0N
10-24-2007, 03:41 AM
also the question is how many people wuld be willing to go back i´m sure a lot of people would be to paranoid to return

I would back for sure, i am septic of their return though, at least in a near future.

mrnobody
10-24-2007, 03:44 AM
It will come back, that's for sure...but will probably take 1-3 weeks.

dnero73
10-24-2007, 03:46 AM
It will come back, that's for sure...but will probably take 1-3 weeks. thats good to hear but how will older members get back or we have to start from scratch and get an invite ?

mrnobody
10-24-2007, 03:51 AM
may be how RTS did it? send an email and invite to PU+ or users fulfiling certain criteria...but that won't probably happen with OiNK. I think OiNK would get back how demonoid did...everything how it was.

And YES, i am willing to (i am more than willing to) go back when they come back.

fifty99
10-24-2007, 04:29 AM
NEVER -- if anyone remembers what happened when teh old Tbits shut its doors ... they came back but it si not the same ... I feel it will be the same @ the new oinks ... it may come back but it wont be the same ...

as for the servers did they not have 3-4 massive servers? i member reading about them in thier forums but forget the exact stats (i just kinda skimmed it) were they not like quad core or somethin like that ....

I imagine the DB is backed up since they run a back up on the site everyday @ 8am local time ... they shut the site down for 10 minutes to run the backup ... so i imagine the backup was stored offsite every few weeks ... and even if they did nto have the backups, i imagine the coder kept a copy of the code somewere else so the basic code should be in place somewere ...

Sylar666
10-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Not in this life - span, I'm afraid...Not with this name, not with this huge amount of content. Emergence of some clones is most probable, however.

mbucari1
10-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Not in this life - span, I'm afraid...Not with this name, not with this huge amount of content. Emergence of some clones is most probable, however.agreed. They have had the guy in custody for Christ's sake. If It did come back up, it would not be under the administration of the previous staff, and probably not with the consent of the previous staff either.

sear
10-24-2007, 05:34 AM
I think it's possible that they'll come back but not for a few months, it all depends I suppose it's hard to speculate at this early stage.

FACE_TO_FACE
10-24-2007, 05:47 AM
I really dont no, in my country we have the same problem with the biggest tracker... and 2 or 3 months later a new tracker under a other name is born... ;)

But Oink its simply to big... maybe one day we can see something like oink online again.

tuning
10-24-2007, 06:22 AM
never :(

I beleive.....
10-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I don't think it will be back :(

Blackstreet
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
A couple of month to be back
But never be the same
That's my thought

kyushizzl
10-24-2007, 08:01 AM
who knows?

Cheffy
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Doubt they ever will come back. once they get busted they usually stay dead.

krisil
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
it might be back some day , but will have to start afresh then........ as all the userbase data . etc. etc. is now with the law agencies .

ADELA
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
never

seppypom
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I love the level of Expert Opinions we have here!