PDA

View Full Version : Xp Key Generator Help...

Izagaia
07-13-2003, 11:58 PM
I just downloaded one of the well-known key generators that is supposed to allow you to produce a "valid" key to unlock any version of windowsXP as well as allow you to use windows update without fear of having the OS lock-up after so long. The one produced by Norway Warez "Hit Amok".

Installation is supposed to be as simple as applying a patch in "safe mode" then running the key generator to produce a valid code. However each time that I apply the program patch and reboot, my system does something freak-ish. It continueously reboots over and over. And it seems that the only way I can recover from this is to reformat and revert back to my factory installation.

I just want to know how I can safely apply the patch so that my system does not do this and still install windowsXP professional with a valid key that I can update from microsoft. I am trying to update from XP home version to professional with out forking over my left nut in purchasing XP pro.

Has anyone had any luck with the patch/key generator I am referring to? And if so, what am I doing wrong? Or is there something simply far better to what I am trying to accomplish?

callum
07-14-2003, 12:34 AM
I wouldn't bother upgrading fom home to pro, it's not worth the effort. I haven't notice any difference since upgrading.
You should have got Pro Corporate anyway as it does not require activation.

balamm
07-14-2003, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't be using any patch. All you need is the key. If it still nags about activation, then use the OOBE timer reg hack and install the appropriate service pack to update it.

Izagaia
07-14-2003, 12:43 AM
I was attempting to install build 2600 of XP pro though if corporate does not require a check for validity, I may just try it. Hopefully that version will allow upgrading through windows update.

What exactly is this "OOBE" reg hack?

balamm
07-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Service pack SP1_en_x86.exe and the OOBE timer hack will gat you a fully registered install.

http://members.shaw.ca/telfaq/Changing%20t...oduct%20Key.htm (http://members.shaw.ca/telfaq/Changing%20the%20XP%20Professional%20Corporate%20Product%20Key.htm)

After you apply this, install the SP1 , NOT SP1a service pack and you will get all updates and support.

shn
07-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Hell, you can have my xp pro key.............anybody can. Its unlimted users and it never expires. I take mcse classes at my college and we actually get free o.s. cd's and keys. At first they put a 4 year duration on the keys for any o.s. then the it dept started bitching so now we get free windows o.s. with keys for every version that microsoft ever comes out with.

Izagaia
07-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by shn@14 July 2003 - 02:36
Hell, you can have my xp pro key.............anybody can.  Its unlimted users and it never expires.  I take mcse classes at my college and we actually get free o.s. cd's and keys.  At first they put a 4 year duration on the keys for any o.s. then the it dept started bitching so now we get free windows o.s. with keys for every version that microsoft ever comes out with.
If you are serious, sure- I would love to take you up on that. :D

Windows messenger or e-mail: [email protected] .

Actually, I have been long interested in becoming certified myself. However money always seems to be the obstacle when you try to get things going. Hell- if money wasn't an issue I would have just went out and bought XP pro out-right.

Izagaia
07-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Here is where I really sound like a newbie. So please pardon my ignorance:

I just downloaded the corp version of XP pro. What I ended up with in my shared folder was a single application icon that merely blinked a command screen prompt when I clicked upon it.

What do I do with this file and how exactly do I use it?

clocker
07-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Izagaia,

Did my solution not work out for you?

shn
07-15-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Izagaia@14 July 2003 - 14:24
Here is where I really sound like a newbie. So please pardon my ignorance:

I just downloaded the corp version of XP pro. What I ended up with in my shared folder was a single application icon that merely blinked a command screen prompt when I clicked upon it.

What do I do with this file and how exactly do I use it?
run it from the command prompt and see what kind of output it gives you. If you get an error like: this program can not fit into memory, then you got an incomplete or bad file.

exactly!
07-15-2003, 07:38 AM
run it from the command prompt and see what kind of output it gives you. If you get an error like: this program can not fit into memory, then you got an incomplete or bad file.

it's an iso

shn
07-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by exactly!@15 July 2003 - 01:38

it's an iso
When did he say that?

Izagaia
07-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by clocker@14 July 2003 - 21:23
Izagaia,

Did my solution not work out for you?
Actually...

the responses from users here are what has made the most sense to me so far.

Right now, I currently have XP pro (build2600) already in my possession. And it will install perfectly provided that I had obtained a working key or other method for activation. It is just that none of the cracks or key generators that had been bundled with it worked for me until I decided to post here. The two corporate versions of XP that I downloaded as well, do not seem to want to run. Or at least I do not currently have the knowledge to get them to run as they should. The prompt screen blinks on then off so rapidly that there is nothing to input from.

So for now, I am going with the path of least resistance. I have a working key and I was able to install XP pro flawlessly. And I appreciate getting that key very much. :) I have already reformatted, installed XP pro and updated completely since yesterday.

Yet I have also talked with a relative on mine who works with a company that has a MCSE on staff. They are good friends and he burns corporate software for her all the time to use on her own home system. So I should be landing a reliable copy of my own sometime in the near future. And if playing around with activating it is even alittle necessary, then I have the means to do so.

Thanks for all the help and responses from everybody. It helped me out tremendously. :D