PDA

View Full Version : ScT username password incorrect

man2069us
10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi. I'd made an ScT account a few days back and although I used to log on everyday, I still hadn't downloaded or uploaded anything on it.

Suddenly today as I tried to logon to it, it says that username and password are incorrect. Can anyone tell me what might the reason be.

There is obviously no question of leeching/cheating etc coz there hasnt been a single byte uploaded or downloaded. Also there was no trading involved coz I got it from a personal friend. Is it possible that I have been removed because I hadnt started using it yet??

Can any1 help me out with this please?

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 07:20 AM
use the "reset password" option.

man2069us
10-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Did that. It says: That email address was not found in the database.

psxcite
10-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Account was deleted due to invite trading probably. I would ask the guy who gave you the invite. If he's not on the site anymore, then you have your answer.

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
did you use this http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-hdbits-invite-needed-post1665670/postcount1
email address?

silhoutte
10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Simply loging into the account doesn't mean you are active. My account was pruned for the same reason. I didn't download anything for 2-3 weeks after i joined and it was deleted.

Necronomicon
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Do they prune SCT Whores as well?

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM

i don't think so :)

blackbird
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM

no .. they make them staff :rolleyes:

Ghost+Rider
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
To make one thing clear there is no zero dl/ul rule in SCT..Sct doesn't delete any account and that is clearly stated in the Admin's sig..I have confirmed it frm mods and first line support on IRC
So There is some other problem Mite be Related to your inviter..Contact him...!!

dragos
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
they don't prune noone. I have seen users in the forum with 5 GB downloaded and account is 70+ weeks old. The reason for your missing account has to be another

man2069us
10-25-2007, 10:15 AM
did you use this http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-hdbits-invite-needed-post1665670/postcount1
email address?

Nah .. the email id i used is completely unique and only for ScT. Haven't given it anywhere else.

blackbird
10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
if it was a traded account .. the original owner of that account could easily change the email and the password details ..

i hope you havent traded the account :shifty:

man2069us
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM
if it was a traded account .. the original owner of that account could easily change the email and the password details ..

i hope you havent traded the account :shifty:

No, the account was a brand new 1 through an invite. And no1 cud have changed it coz I am the only 1 who has the username and password of the tracker as well as the email on which it is registered.

Btw, if they remove u for breaking a rule shud it say "username or password incorrect" or something like "this account has been banned" coz I am getting the former.

whom can I contact abt this problem? Is there any IRC Channel I can go to.

silhoutte
10-25-2007, 10:30 AM
To make one thing clear there is no zero dl/ul rule in SCT..Sct doesn't delete any account and that is clearly stated in the Admin's sig..I have confirmed it frm mods and first line support on IRC
So There is some other problem Mite be Related to your inviter..Contact him...!!

Ok, then can you get me my account back? See...I talked to a mod at their irc, and he confirmed it was the reason. He said , they would do nothing about accounts deleted that way.

Ghost+Rider
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Lol seems to me ur account has been hacked cuz SCT never delete any acc and even if the acct was traded or some shit like that tahn it shud have given some error like this account has been disabled :happy:

man2069us
10-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Lol seems to me ur account has been hacked cuz SCT never delete any acc and even if the acct was traded or some shit like that tahn it shud have given some error like this account has been disabled :happy:

Ok, I don't know how cud it be hacked coz I was the sole user of username/password/email id. Maybe I might've been careless somewhere in the past but I don't really think so.

I hope I get it back man. I had just started to queue the movies I had always been searching and this happens. :(

Ghost+Rider
10-25-2007, 10:45 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/feeling-180404

Feeling Sct Admin

man2069us
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Feeling Sct Admin
Sent him a PM. In the meanwhile can I go to their IRC channel or something. I am really upset abt this. I am starting work in a small town with absolutely no friends. This was gonna take care of all my entertainment for the next 2 years. :huh:

Polarbear
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM

Feeling Sct Admin

are you sure? :huh:

Ghost+Rider
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM

Feeling Sct Admin

are you sure? :huh:

yes 100% sure ;)

man2069us
10-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Are there any other Sct mods on FST???

carinio
10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
poor guy, now is going to start recive 22000 pms asking for an invite in SCT :S

Swax
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Are there any other Sct mods on FST???

Yes

If you state part of your e-mail address here, or even your username then perhaps a member of staff will be able to search for you. Staff cannot help you without any info.

As mentioned before your account would not have been disabled for inactivity if it is less than 42 days old.

You could use the ScT IRC Support channel: irc://irc.scenetorrents.org/sct.support

man2069us
10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the info Swax. I'm now on the IRC channel. Hope someone helps me out there. I'm not stating my username/email here coz I'm not entirely sure if I shud do that in public. I PM'd it to everyone who showed any interest in helping me out.

silhoutte
10-26-2007, 06:15 AM

If so sure, Can you search for the username 'passion'. If the account was hacked, atleast the username must be there in their database,right? The account was made less than 2 months ago. I had been loging in every day from a public computer cause my home internet was disabled due to some billing errors. Unfortunately, i didn't dl any torrents, which was the only reason they gave for the account being deleted.

Now, i'm also curious as to what happened to man2069us's account.

game1283
10-26-2007, 07:30 AM

If so sure, Can you search for the username 'passion'. If the account was hacked, atleast the username must be there in their database,right? The account was made less than 2 months ago. I had been loging in every day from a public computer cause my home internet was disabled due to some billing errors. Unfortunately, i didn't dl any torrents, which was the only reason they gave for the account being deleted.

Now, i'm also curious as to what happened to man2069us's account.

no account named "passion"..

silhoutte
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
no account named "passion"..

I know. I was just refuting his statement that 'sct never delete accounts'. They do. Otherwise how my account disappeared in just a month after i signed up?

Swax
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I see you tried the IRC man2069us/wincewega, I never knew about the 12day download rule (even though I should have).

The FAQ and Rules are being rewritten as we speak so hopefully things will be clearer for new users in the future.