PDA

View Full Version : what do u feel when u get scammed?

GoLDeN
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
i got scammed with my internet provider ? i will go to him today in his company what do u think i should do to him

ps : no cops :D

dnero73
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
how did he scam you ?

Something Else
10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Like this?
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9094/trolluv1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gripper
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Are you the admin at Oink?

Castronaut
10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Shove him a gig where it hurts.

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM

:lol:

They're almost making a hero out of that prick. In spite of the fact that he made his money by defrauding it from file sharers.

Something Else
10-25-2007, 07:07 PM
They're almost making a hero out of that prick. In spite of the fact that he made his money by defrauding it from file sharers.

http://xs120.xs.to/xs120/07434/original.jpg (http://xs.to)
He wasn't making money out of anyone. There were no fees involved. Just a donate button rather than adverts. You didn't have to press it or anything. :dabs:

Gripper
10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I feckin loved that site it was the best for music,comics and books.

Castronaut
10-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, only bad thing is he was from 'Boro. :(

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM

No problem with the site, mate. Or the people who used it. Wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own.

However the guy who ran it was defrauding the file sharers who used the site. Every bit as much as people who sell software which is already free (sorry Les)

Gripper
10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
I never paid for shit off the site,all was free and gratis?

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah but does a e-mail scammer expect everyone to fall for it.

Please allow me to quote myself as it's easier than writing it again

hosting company said the server cost 35K euros. I wonder if that's monthly or annually.

I think that's what they cost to buy, the machines themselves. They were enquiring when they would be getting their machines back as they were about 30,000 Euro. That's not the guy who owned oink, it's the people who owned the servers he had it on, as I understand it. Could be wrong but.

I suspect the rental was really what it said on the screen, a few hundred, that's only based on what it says on some sites I go to. The chaps here could possibly give you a good idea.

If there were 180,000 members and 1% (1 in 100) of those donated every month. That's 1,800 donations. If they donated £5 each, that's £9,000/Month or £108,000 a year. I doubt there was much tax paid on it, so it's the equivalent of earning about £150,000 a year. Not bad for doing fuck all. I just made those figures up so it could be much higher. It's also the reason why they have taken this action.

That's what happens on torrent sites, that's the business model.

That's why he got arrested. Copyright infringement is in itself a civil matter, you can get sued for it. However when it's done for profit then it becomes a criminal matter. I have no doubt that the Police have already looked at the money going thro' the Paypal account and decided that it was sufficiently high for them to mount a prosecution.

Like I said he's no better than the companies who sell software which is already free. The fact that only a limited number of people fall for it is neither here nor there. I have no doubt at all that he was lying about the levels of donations received to "pay for the servers"

Biggles
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM

No problem with the site, mate. Or the people who used it. Wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own.

However the guy who ran it was defrauding the file sharers who used the site. Every bit as much as people who sell software which is already free (sorry Les)

:ermm: That's ok - I felt a complete tit. I dislike being scammed intensely.

Had a rant down at the post office last week. I bought a new needle for my radiogram from Merkinland as it was £21 cheaper there than here even after shipping. I reasoned that even if I am hit for VAT I will still be £15 better off. I did not know that the Post Office have a flat charge of £8 for "handling" the £6 VAT. I explained to the PO chap that I thought he put Dick Turpin to shame and that hanging was too good for them.

To be fair to him he took it well and when I finished my rant he smiled and said "nobody likes that charge much" :dabs:

All I can say is thank feck Customs and Excise only seem to nab one parcel in 20 and most overseas suppliers write "dead mollusc value $0.50c" on the Customs form. I am going to have to have words with this US supplier about honesty when I come to replace the needle.

Hairbautt
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Don't forget the pre-released material. You can goto jail for that. At least here (in the U.S.) you can. :ermm:

100%
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
The game of the GIFT
(short version)... seriously)

Senegal.

A guy comes up to you,
asks where your from,
you reply,
dialogue starts.
You play along.

It seems authentic

holds out his hand, with a lump of Gold.
He says,
"Today it is my mothers birthday
and in our culture we must give a gift to all the guests, you have shown me you are honest".
Please take it, i want nothing in return"
"No thank you "

He then puts the lump of gold in your pocket.

okay...

After some time.

He then asks
"Do you maybe have a gift to give back to my mother"
"but you said....
feeling guilty you grab what little cash you have, and offer it to him
he then says
holding the cash
my mother my culture gave a lump of gold and in return you only give 10$??

He says,
"the gold you have in your pocket, comes from my father, who worked.... take it out, let us look at it."
You take it out,
he grabs it and runs away. (+10$)

I got scammed this way 3 times
I thought i was prepared after the first.

noob me if you wish, but their techiniques are solid.
3 fucking times

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Had a rant down at the post office last week. I bought a new needle for my radiogram from Merkinland as it was £21 cheaper there than here even after shipping. I reasoned that even if I am hit for VAT I will still be £15 better off. I did not know that the Post Office have a flat charge of £8 for "handling" the £6 VAT. I explained to the PO chap that I thought he put Dick Turpin to shame and that hanging was too good for them.

To be fair to him he took it well and when I finished my rant he smiled and said "nobody likes that charge much" :dabs:

All I can say is thank feck Customs and Excise only seem to nab one parcel in 20 and most overseas suppliers write "dead mollusc value $0.50c" on the Customs form. I am going to have to have words with this US supplier about honesty when I come to replace the needle.

What the fuck is an £8 charge for "handling" the VAT, that's just pish talk.

Biggles
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM

I didn't use those exact words but that was the gist of my comments - well actually I said (in Basil Fawlty voice)

"Handling? you walked from there to there with it!!!!" finger pointing at the brevity of journey my cash required to be "handled". However, they had my gramophone needle I did not :angry:

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh and did Oink to that VIP status if you "donate" $x. No worries for 3 months type thing.

I only ask because it would obviously be another income stream.

This type of thing

Receive VIP Status when you donate $20 or more and you will get the following benefits:

No waiting period no matter what ratio you have

Removes all advertisements from the website

Immunity to the auto-ban because of low ratio

Immunity to account deletion when inactive for more than 42 days

VIP expires after 3 months

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM

I didn't use those exact words but that was the gist of my comments - well actually I said (in Basil Fawlty voice)

"Handling? you walked from there to there with it!!!!" finger pointing at the brevity of journey my cash required to be "handled". However, they had my gramophone needle I did not :angry:

Highway feckin' robbery.

Something Else
http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07434/rumbug.jpg (http://xs.to)

Biggles

Highway feckin' robbery.

Now that I did say

Barbarossa
10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07434/rumbug.jpg (http://xs.to)

Arse. I knew that was you :pinch:

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55979/1193302221/NigellaCooksSocks.jpg

GoLDeN
10-25-2007, 10:47 PM
who the fuck said that iam oink admin

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 10:51 PM
who the fuck said that iam oink admin

Who said that someone said that you were an oink admin.

Link Please.

Barbarossa
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
That would be gripper :dabs:

Let me know if you need any more help in matching up users and their posts :unsure:

EDIT: and he wasn't even talking to you :frusty:

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55979/1193302221/NigellaCooksSocks.jpg

Now that's good. Tell me it was you who made it.

Lie if you must.

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
That would be gripper :dabs:

Let me know if you need any more help in matching up users and their posts :unsure:

EDIT: and he wasn't even talking to you :frusty:

Where, where did he say that. Tell me.

Barbarossa
10-25-2007, 10:56 PM
^ post 4, but I think he was talking to benchez :unsure:

I totally made that image, if by "made" you mean I added in the text and the socks ;)

Something Else
10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
:lol: Nice one barbie, and he wasn't talking to me either btw, I think he was talking to The Generl (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/the-generl-175612) after all :fear:

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 11:10 PM
^ post 4, but I think he was talking to benchez :unsure:

I totally made that image, if by "made" you mean I added in the text and the socks ;)

Genious. Fact.

Mr JP Fugley
10-25-2007, 11:15 PM

See, that's so obscure, how could anyone work out what he was getting at.

weenden
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
take a bat to the bastards and reat the f#*k out of then take the bat to the damn equipment f-n bastads