PDA

View Full Version : how about we stop torrent trading!!!

mortalman
10-25-2007, 04:09 PM
biohazard a member here

HONESTLY, WHAT HAPPENED TO OiNK IS ALSO FAULT OF THIS FORUM AND OTHER FORUMS! WE DON'T KNOW HOW MANY COPS IS WATCHING US! I hate this whole "rating torrent trackers" thing and people still talking about "high level tracker". Do you understand, that you are just attracting feds attention? Keep the information in confidence and stop talking about trackers, stupid kiddies! You're making it worse and more dangerous for all of us!

He said it best:yup:

what do you guys think?

thelevy23
10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
you say this and you are a trader?
lamo

mortalman
10-25-2007, 04:11 PM
lamo

former trader

misledhope
10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
lamo

former trader AKA future trader

carinio
10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
come on.. This user is so ignorant that neither believes what he says
my god!!

sperm
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
i wouldn't blame the traders for oinks downfall, but the people who do the "giveaways" and the people who hand them out freely at other trackers invite threads.

you could also argue that invites where to easy to obtain. i donated in my first week, and got 2 invites :wacko:

but if oink should return, maybe they would tighten things up.

munkyboy04
10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
like torrent leech? I can see why stopping invitations is a good thing. But where does that leave new useres surley it will mean there will be no growth it will become more elitist and eventually all torrent sharing will die.

Detale
10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I think that people tend to over-simplify the issue. It is way more complicated that Oh it's FST's fault or It's the damn traders fault. It is no ones direct fault, Realistically you will need a place for everyone to gather whether it be here, or on other forums. If the Fuzz wants to get you "you will get got!" Think about it they can easily go under cover gain trust in the community and infiltrate ANY site in pretty much no time, it's not that hard. None of us would ever know, 5hit I could be a cop!! We do what we do knowing the laws and the risks involved. We are ALL at risk of the heat knocking at out door one day. None of us can plead ignorance not a single one, I mean thats part of the fun right?

Instead of trying to find blame for Oink's demise we should be Appreciating and understanding the risk Staff members take every single day. They do not get paid they take the big risks and we reap the benefits of their insanely hard work. We should be writing Thank you letters and PM's to the almost always under appreciated staff on our Favorite sites because they are providing for you.You should in turn try your best to respect their rules and follow their wishes. Now to be fair I am a BT Mod here, and FST does allow trading so I must remain impartial to do my job correctly but in the communities I am a member of I would never go against their staff wishes because I can truly appreciate what they are doing for me and for the BT community even if some of them are pricks they are still providing us with the best they have to offer. Don't get me wrong there are some Sites that are just out of their minds with the strict rules, but that is OUR choice to be members there or not. I have deleted accts on a few sites because I would rather give up membership than deal with a55holes. There are plenty of good sites with great staff out there to be part of you don't need the ones who think they are 1337 and "too cool for school"

In short if you Stop trying to blame and appreciate and respect staff members AND Staff members lighten up a bit the community would be better off

... eventually all torrent sharing will die.

Dude perhaps "torrent" sharing will die who knows, but I can tell you File Sharing will NEVER DIE!!!

luckylittle
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Finally some intelligent thread in 1,000,000,000,000 trading posts.

Grind$oFine
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm not a trader, don't believe in it... but
I'm pretty sure this was more complex than trading.
OiNK is bigger than most people realize.
OiNK has been featured in nationwide/worldwide MAGAZINES.
It's been called one of the top 10 best site's for music online along with sites such as last.fm and myspace (where it's not really the same idea).

Most torrent sites that got shut down wouldn't make the news,
however OiNK information has been spreading and it hasn't been through FST.

Detale
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
It's been called one of the top 10 best site's for music online along with sites such as last.fm and myspace (where it's not really the same idea).

Agreed the media plays an intricate part of "outing" Private sites as well. I mean how may sites a talked about on TorrentFreak They are reporting everything that goes on in the BT world and why have I not heard anyone complain about them!? Do they get bashed all over the community? I have yet to see it. 5hit at least we filter the site names if they request it. They don't even do that.

luckylittle
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM

Well, maybe it's just not ONLY about trading or giveaways, BUT it is obvious someone HAD TO INVITE guy/cop/fed/whoever was watching OiNK for 2 years! Where else you can do it than on the forum like this one(and the other forums). I am feeling tired of the whole leaking information from trackers to public, showing screenshots, talking about what's going on there. It's just stupid users that wants to show the rest "LOOK, WE ARE THERE!". Honestly i would warn/ban users that are leaking ANY informations outside. Good tracker don't need publicity. SO STOP GIVING OUT INVITES/GIVEAWAYS YOU IDIOTS! Use the forum for better purpose (I can tell you EXACTLY for what)

Detale
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, maybe it's just not ONLY about trading or giveaways, BUT it is obvious someone HAD TO INVITE guy/cop/fed/whoever was watching OiNK for 2 years! Where else you can do it than on the forum like this one(and the other forums). I am feeling tired of the whole leaking information from trackers to public, showing screenshots, talking about what's going on there. It's just stupid users that wants to show the rest "LOOK, WE ARE THERE!". Honestly i would warn/ban users that are leaking ANY informations outside. Good tracker don't need publicity. SO STOP GIVING OUT INVITES/GIVEAWAYS YOU IDIOTS! Use the forum for better purpose (I can tell you EXACTLY for what)

First of all lets see where can they get invites?Hmmm Hmmmm How about every BT site out there they almost all have a forum to give away invites, granted some say only to PU and above but really you know as well as I it aint that hard to become PU especially if the police money is behind you to pay for scene axs of for a frakin T1 line or something so that you are a valued member and can get in fast through the upload team!? So who are the idiots? Almost All sites are idiots by that rationale. OFC someone invited them in, but I can't say it enough If you had even a small budget ANYONE COULD GET IN almost anywhere and anything short of them closing their doors completely and the user base never growing it's not hard to get in at all, not because of here but if you have a fast connection you can get in through other BT sites easily sometimes more easily than here.

luckylittle
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
First of all lets see where can they get invites? From their real friends, nut unknown people!
IDK if you understood me, I am not blaming this forum, but all places. We should think about it and think about security after what happend and learn lesson from it.
I like this forum for other reasons, not trading thou.

DV8type
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Instead of trying to find blame for Oink's demise we should be Appreciating and understanding the risk Staff members take every single day. They do not get paid they take the big risks and we reap the benefits of their insanely hard work. We should be writing Thank you letters and PM's to the almost always under appreciated staff on our Favorite sites because they are providing for you.You should in turn try your best to respect their rules and follow their wishes.

:clap:

fazzy07
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
I knew Oink before I even knew FST. When you have membership of more then 100k then there is always the risk being watched.

puckface
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
How about you do what you wanna do, and let others do what they want?

Detale
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
First of all lets see where can they get invites? From their real friends, nut unknown people!
IDK if you understood me, I am not blaming this forum, but all places. We should think about it and think about security after what happend and learn lesson from it.
I like this forum for other reasons, not trading thou.

I'm not saying you're blaming FST and Im not speaking as a mod here but as a member of many many sites. On almost all site forums they have a section for invite requests and giveaways. So you can get into private sites. You can get into lets say TD or any other site that has open signups and then in their forums meet people and make friends who will then invite you to more sought after sites all the while reporting progress to your police captain. Again nothing personal man just trying to explain that in times like these we have to stick together and make the community work not try to separate into groups like Trader/Anti Trader. If sites were more open and more giving and a little less 1337 then people would be less likely to trade to get into them. ( now I am over simplifying here ) but the point remains the same It is not hard at all for the authorities to gain access into the "private BT sites" due to the sharing nature of what we do. It's no ones fault it's just the way of things. If they want in they WILL get in.

supper
10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
what about if the mods of trackers make threads here to give some invites to (traders+anti traders )every week to the trusted ppl here and then no body will ask for trade any more:D

pone44
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree! more giveaways- with trusted stat-proofs from other tracks! NO TRADING EVER! Check my history!

misledhope
10-25-2007, 10:45 PM
dont you guys realize that posting stat proofs is loads of evidence alone for having a site watched? the badguys can just as easily watch those posts to see the kind of traffic a site is getting. not to mention the reviews

optimus_prime
10-25-2007, 11:16 PM

most torrent trackers are security violators themselves, they expose releases to masses, bringing heat to the scene without loosing much sleep over it. indexing torrents may or may not be punishable, but sceners go to jail. for a long time.

Detale
10-25-2007, 11:44 PM
@ DV8 I also said

...Stop trying to blame and appreciate and respect staff members AND Staff members lighten up a bit the community would be better off

briand5379
10-26-2007, 01:08 AM
The only guarenteed way to stop everything is to shut down all trackers. That trusted individual that people talk about could be the very person that get's the site shut down. These aren't 3 month investigations these are 3 year ones that are occuring.

Since this is highly doubtful trackers are going to close their doors people need to stop blaming each other and work at finding a better solution.

Detale
10-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Exactly Brian! Glad to see someone finnaly gets it. Thanks you you have made my day

Totti
10-26-2007, 02:19 AM
there can never be a solution to what happened to oink becaue internet filesharing works has been
working in trends as follows:
- 5-10 years ago you had warez sites i mean http sites that you could enter and d/l what ever you wanted this included mp3s throug napster also
- 3-5 years ago kazza Morpheus and a hole lot of other p2p programs appeared but were shut down
3 years ago to this day we hae torrents which are the main source for scene oriented content

Everybody shuold understand one thing we are just the final destination in the whole warez scene chain of distribution. Before a movie , game, app or what ever gets through to a torrent site you have a whole scene of couriers and distribution groups like fairlight and razor1911 among others that bring the product out to the internet and THEY are who the fbi riaa and everybody are really after so what we do is nothing were just the small fish and oink was just another source so you can not blame any individual on what happened because frankly what happened to oink was inevitable and will happen sooner or later to every tracker out there or to bittorent in general

sovaz
10-26-2007, 05:04 AM
@Totti
False man...Oink was certainly considered as a big target becoz it was sharing a real lot of music amoungst an enormous number of users. Small trackers who are very private are not really a target for FBI or RIAA. Also groups like fairlight and razor1911 are not the direct target for the RIAA...they concentrate more on people sharing big masses of movies n music.

kingrob
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
from tl's point of view i hate seeing invites or accounts to my site traded any where i do not blame the sites they are posted on i blame the user doing it as he is the one who agreed to tl's rules

also i am happy to say if you check out the tl forums you will not see 1 invites/account trade or give away post.
i have never allowed this on tl i went as far as not letting our users name other sites on tl boards that might seem over the top but it did what was needed

briand5379
10-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure all TL members did was just go to other places and did what they wanted anyway. I'm ok with banning trading but if your friends with people on the forum and you can help them out getting into a site and vice versa I really don't see a problem with it. That's just my personal opinion.

iNSOMNiA
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM
what do you guys think?

TEH FBi HIZ WATCHING US !1!

You don't know jack, that what i think.

Erm.. sorry if I over reacted you're probably young and stuff but those kind of threads are starting to seriously pissing me off.

GoLDeN
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
its no one fault that was meant to happen even if fst didn't exist and i think that this will happen for most of trackers admins if they got cought

spark
10-26-2007, 06:43 PM
BTW OiNK allowed INVITES TRADING!

luckylittle
10-26-2007, 06:55 PM
ViPMusic: 2007-10-26 - United we stand, divided we fall?
Whoa, so much happening lately: our CTO (Chief Technical Officer is still missing since September), Oink went down recently and VIPmusic was mentioned in the article at billboard.com as in "the IFPI's cross-hairs". Due to the fact that our CTO is still out of reach (more about our fears in the corresponding thread) we might suspend the operations. There are few things that I'd like to make clear: server HDD's are encrypted with AES and are locked out (only our CTO had access to the server because of security concerns) that is why user database would not be accessible to any third parties. Also unused donations will be sent to EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) which is fighting for free speech rights on the internet.

sleepyy
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
These people who talk go around looking at the regular users and looking at sites They are not stupid they do this all day long so even if we all shut up they still know about it that's their job it makes no difference.

Many of the people here who have been here years and look trust worthy members could also be part of this group it makes no difference in my opinion the only way i could see to prevent this is open once close forever even then there is no 100 percent solution but then if the site is crap users will not end up useing the site and it was all a waste of time by the end of it.

I noticed one site inpeticular who does this every now and then when they lack the user for what ever reason they open registration for one hour or so and close quickly they had over 1000 new members in one hour alone and were closed by the time the news was addvertised on a fourm similar to this they closed quickly.

Now can anyone see a problem with this? 1000 new members in one hour? people set these sites as their home page hahaha yes it is exclusive but what is there to say mr copy right person does not do the same

briand5379
10-26-2007, 10:44 PM
The only 100% solution is to close the tracker. Since that won't happen people need to stop freaking about this matter and move on.

sleepyy
10-26-2007, 10:49 PM
:shutup::noes:

pbjabba
10-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Its alright for the people who already have a good range of trackers to 'retire' from trading. Users with slower uploads don't really get a chance in giveaways because they're always passed over in favour of people with quicker speeds. I'm not against trading because it can be helpful for both parties. The thing that sucks about trading though is that you can't be sure if the person your dealing with is a good user or in genuine need of access to a particular tracker so i can understand why people are against it.

aysomc
10-27-2007, 05:17 AM
only way to fix it is to close invites for all users and never have new users which isnt a good idea and wouldnt work over a long period of time. im sure if any cops or authority people want into a site they can find their way in, even for the hardest sites there is always a way in and it usually isnt too hard. quit worrying about it, they did this as a scare tactic and its working, ignore it and if you happen to own a site have a backup for everything and a backup plan in place. the second they took oink down they could have started opening up the same exact site at a new location if they had the entire thing backed up somewhere with a new person designated to take over while oink was gone. its a pain in the ass but worth it if you're a site owner imo.

fstrulz
10-27-2007, 05:47 AM
How about start building OiNK back up, so I could start giving away lotsa invites again?

Enlightened
10-27-2007, 07:01 AM
lamo

former trader

It is always "easy" for U to say, STOP the Trading Bullshit, after the fact U acquired all your High Level Trackers thru TRading.:frusty:

U should know about trading for accounts and Invites, I stilll Remember your Offer for UK-T, it was one of the most "Outrageous" oFFER I ever witness.:whistling

mortalman
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
close