PDA

View Full Version : FTN versus SCT?

CableMan391
10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Both these sites seem pretty hard to come by. (I'm still feeling lucky for my ftn invite) Which do you guys think is the better tracker overall?

mysterious
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
use search funcion

808state
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
dont have either, so i couldnt tell u from first hand experience, but i hear they both have great communities and speed.

i would say they are even.

blackbird
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
both are great 0day trackers .. but what makes FTN special is that it doest have a ratio system now .. and IMHO FTN is hosted in a more secure place ... ;)

dragos
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
FTN is better on paper, but real time usage ScT is on top in EVERY single aspect, from browsing speed to torrent speed/pretime

thejosher
10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
My personal preference is FTN for a couple reasons: smaller, therefore more secure. Community is great. IRC is a lot more friendly than SCTs IMO.

They both have great speeds.. though SCT is probably a little faster. (consequently harder to seed, disregarding FTN being ratio-free.)

luckylittle
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
This thread is one of the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Stop fucking talk about invites and do something useful, idiots!

OmaRin0
10-25-2007, 07:55 PM
use search function and u will find a lot of threads like this
anywayz, SCT > ftn..

dashboardy
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
why not have a stickied poll, which asked what your favorite tracker is, showing usernames. This way we would have everyone's opinion, and then people could get warned for starting threads like this...

Poll something like: Which private tracker, in your opinion, is the best overall?
Sticky the damn thing. that way noobs will have some way to find out opinions quickly.

carinio
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
i have account in both, and i think that SCT is way better than FTN, it just my opinion

sexydingo
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't have either sadly, but it seems that FTN would be better with its lack of ratios, wouldnt it? Assuming the community is good and still seeds well. I mean that was a huge thing when they got rid of those requirements, I'm still surprised no other private trackers have followed suit.

808state
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
off topic, but nice sig carinio! 24 is my fav tv show.

yoyogi4
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
use search function and u will find a lot of threads like this
anywayz, SCT > ftn..

SCT < FTN

ScT is faster because they make money from it's users, like a newsgroup, however it's the least secure top tracker because of it's large userbase and the easeness of purchasing an invite.
I can already see this site in the next Newspaper Headline.

dragos
10-25-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't have either sadly, but it seems that FTN would be better with its lack of ratios, wouldnt it? Assuming the community is good and still seeds well. I mean that was a huge thing when they got rid of those requirements, I'm still surprised no other private trackers have followed suit.

they didn't follow because it's a stupid ideea of course. And the fact that all the n00b's are happy about it just prooves the point. They are happy cuz they don't have to seed as much,36 hr and they're done. If it were trully a fine community it wouldn't have mattered they "removed" the ratio, sharing is carring, right ?. Notice the " ,cuz the ratio is there ,only visible by staff or in torrent history by individual torrent

DV8type
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:crazy:

Sorry had to get that out

yoyogi4
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM

they didn't follow because it's a stupid ideea of course. And the fact that all the n00b's are happy about it just prooves the point. They are happy cuz they don't have to seed as much,36 hr and they're done. If it were trully a fine community it wouldn't have mattered they "removed" the ratio, sharing is carring, right ?. Notice the " ,cuz the ratio is there ,only visible by staff or in torrent history by individual torrent

Yup!!! In my case I really need whatever a downloaded for more than a few months so might as well leave it to seed.

BTW this topic has been Killed and re- killed beyond reincarnation.:)

XS75
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
ScT + FSC

BEST TRACKERS EVER

I beleive.....
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
FTN is much, much better :)

AkaiDoresu
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
no more naked guys plz

I beleive.....
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
:blink:
no more naked guys plz

AkaiDoresu
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
no more naked guys plz

Some people know what Im talking about :)

Swax
10-25-2007, 11:37 PM

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6088/useree4.jpg

Like that? :whistling

And no that's obviously not me, just some kid who wanted his account unbanned on ScT :naughty:

Cheffy
10-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Now thats someone that takes Torrenting to the next level..

AkaiDoresu
10-26-2007, 03:41 AM

And no that's obviously not me, just some kid who wanted his account unbanned on ScT :naughty:

after saying FTN > ScT so be careful guys unless you are handsome and have pretty underwear.

Skiz
10-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Ah, yes. The weekly SCT vs FTN thread. :dabs:

claudandus
10-26-2007, 04:13 AM

no its not! removing ratio's was a very good plan of good ole' Brandon :)

when FTN removed Ratio's they stated loud and clearly:
"as we dont sell Ratio's"...:ph34r: that should say more than enough methinks :D

for myself, i dont really care if you think that ScT is so much better than FTN, its useless and i dont care too mucho:lol:
i'm happi with my FTN and i like the idea of not being big:lol:
i can find what i want there, (and no its not pr0n) so i dont give a fucking shit

and now, please move on, and stop whining about who is the best of the 2 because its probably TiT that will be going to be the best:whistling:D

edit: oh and fo those who wanna know ^^ i'm currently seeding like, ~20 torrents over my (already crammed azureus with my) 10 megabits fiberline =^.~=

Greetings,

Claudy.

kaoblanco
10-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Oh, good christ... not again.

Totti
10-26-2007, 04:51 AM
yakadi yakadi yak...........

Sylar666
10-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Ah, yes. The weekly SCT vs FTN thread. :dabs:
Got the point, Buddy...People do not seem to use search function. So pathetic.:frusty:

game1283
10-26-2007, 05:37 AM
yeah guys, this has been discussed so many times.. different users different opinion.. what makes the tracker greater than one another depends on you.. it is just like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".. if you have seedbox, sct will satisfy your need for speed(not saying ftn won't-ftn would also-things I don't like to discuss) and if you have low speed, ftn would be a lot better.. etc etc.. many other factors that depend on you..

so only you.. and you.. and you can say which is better..

GoLDeN
10-26-2007, 11:25 AM
its 9999 time this question be asked and we dealed that every tracker have it own benfits

seppypom
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Wow, with all the Oink threads, i am glad someone remembered to make this thread again!

CableMan391
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow, with all the Oink threads, i am glad someone remembered to make this thread again!

I try. :whistling

d7thsign
10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
i love them both. . . so for me they are equal . . . my opinion

spark
10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Its community vs speed...I choose the community..

ZeroUP
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Its community vs speed

Brandon
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
FTN is better on paper, but real time usage ScT is on top in EVERY single aspect, from browsing speed to torrent speed/pretime

1: Ever thought of geographic location of the actual user? ;) FTN runs very fast for me.
2: Are those benefits worth having absolutely no security?
3: FTN uploaders use gbit servers, I max out easily :blink:
4: Oooh a couple seconds faster pre! By the time u actually load the page would that really matter? lol.. Let me go change our donation askings to 1,500 euro and we can buy some leech on some insecure topsites and grab a quad core gbit server to upload with too :w00t:

ScT is faster because they make money from it's users, like a newsgroup, however it's the least secure top tracker because of it's large userbase and the easeness of purchasing an invite.
I can already see this site in the next Newspaper Headline.

:yup:
quoted from http://idolator.com/tunes/the-law/the-oink-fallout-should-its-ex+users-be-watching-their-backs-314216.php

As far as money goes, remember that "commercial advantage or private financial gain" can include the benefits of barter and the like. So the fact that, in your [description of OiNK's ratio rules], "they had to assist in infringement in order to keep infringing" might be enough.
I'm going to help some of you out with that one, because I don't think you all will fully understand what that says. Not only will SCT staff be charged, but everyone who donates will also be charged. "they had to assist in infringement in order to keep infringing" In the US, this would be compared to "helping to fund terrorism".
I hope the staff there are packed for prison.
This is why I'm very stern on FTN never bringing up money. I don't even ask for it, and FTN has struggled with money a few times already. But i'd rather just pay out of my own pocket when needed vs put myself, my friends, and my users at risk.

I still find it funny that people can support torrent/warez sites that go against the entire idea of warez.. If you have to buy GB's to download something on a website.. why don't you just go buy it? Seriously..

Actually, "because" it's such a fine community, we are able to remove ratio's due to the fact that our users DO share. Compare our seeder amount vs b4 we removed it. It's more than doubled. Oh, and about the ratio.. Any intelligent person would know the ratio is still there. We can't send some special signal to your client and tell it to stop sending information. We never said we "eliminated" ratio's, we "removed" them. You know I still haven't banned a user yet over a ratio :shifty:
Try getting your facts straight next time.

<insert image of naked guy holding card over penis>

Just shows not only the character of staff over there, but also the cruelty they have no hesitation to convey. I actually hunted that user down and brought him to FTN. Nobody should ever be degraded and humiliated like that for another's personal pleasure. That picture was posted in the main sct channel and laughed at. You really wan't to be on a site where your IP and info about you committing a crime is available to someone who would do something like that? Shows how much they care about you.

I still don't see why a couple of seconds really matters that much. I'd be more impressed that we can keep up that much without having to A: buy leech B: buy expensive ass seed servers C: ask you for money.

These topics are really starting to get irritating. Let me point out something that few of you have probably noticed.

SCT -> Registered users16356/17000
FTN -> Registered users5478/6000

WHO DO YOU REALLY THINK WOULD WIN IN A TOPIC LIKE THIS?

SCT = big ass ego infested staff/users (minus a staff member and some users there) who brag about their "leet prettimes!1!!11" and "omg the website loads so much faster!!" oh and "OMG WE GOT LEET NEW ICONS!!".

FTN = staff/users (well most users) who don't really give a shit about being the best tracker on the internet.. or "e-fame"..

I'm glad sct is so proud of their pretimes, big bank account, expensive servers.. etc. I hope they're still proud while they're sitting in a closet sized room at the closets prison with Big Bob and a stick of lube.

I expect to see a lot of users say sct > ftn due to the fact that 99% of people on this site have never even logged into ftn and probably never will. I'm sorry you can't donate and get a prize invite from me.

Wanna know the difference between sct and a topsite? SCT is publicly known and easy to get on therefore it's a huge target. Feel safe?

Brag about your pretimes and fast website loading speed and w/e else you want all you want sct. It only brings more attention on you, and less on other sites.

To answer the original question in a more timely manner:
*If you want neat new flashy buttons and icons, don't care about your safety, want to embark upon the new torrent business model, and want to have a bigger e-penis, sct is your better option.
*If you don't care about the typical internet bullshit, you care about your future, believe that spending money on something that we risk our asses for so that you can get for free is stupid, and want staff that actually care about you and not your money, ftn is your better option.

:frusty:

/me waits for the sct defender crew to show up and bash me for stating not only my opinion but also factual statements.

Disclaimer: No I do not hate sct. No I am not anti sct. No I don't care if you hate ftn. Yes I'm looking pretty today. Yes I think sct is being irresponsible in not only their but also their users safety. Yes I wish sct would finally wake up to reality and realize that eventually they will face severe consequences and the current benefits aren't worth them. No you cannot "donate and get an ftn invite gift" from me. Yes please stop pm'ing me asking for an invite.

kaffeine
10-26-2007, 06:03 PM
+1. The files you can get them everywhere, but the nice community... that's the real prize of becoming a member in places like FTN.

These topics are really starting to get irritating. Let me point out something that few of you have probably noticed.

SCT -> Registered users16356/17000
FTN -> Registered users5478/6000

WHO DO YOU REALLY THINK WOULD WIN IN A TOPIC LIKE THIS?

I don't know.. despite of the amount of users, i think in proportion FTN seems to be much more appreciated by its users (I guess many would prefer quality over quantity).
:)

Nestea
10-26-2007, 06:10 PM
ScT's only better thing is the peers.
But it's clear...ScT has 10 000 more users. :)
IMO FTN is better.

Totti
10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
brandon you really made me rethink if i should join a community like sct after that post thx alot for the heads up :)

appyton
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
That was a well thought out, sorted out, deliberate reply to prove your point @ Brandon. We stand by you :)

RegisteringSux
10-26-2007, 06:50 PM
<snip>
SCT = big ass ego infested staff/users (minus a staff member and some users there) who brag about their "leet prettimes!1!!11" and "omg the website loads so much faster!!" oh and "OMG WE GOT LEET NEW ICONS!!".

FTN = staff/users (well most users) who don't really give a shit about being the best tracker on the internet.. or "e-fame"..

I'm glad sct is so proud of their pretimes, big bank account, expensive servers.. etc. I hope they're still proud while they're sitting in a closet sized room at the closets prison with Big Bob and a stick of lube.

<snip>

[Brandon] waits for the sct defender crew to show up and bash me for stating not only my opinion but also factual statements.

I'm not picking any sides here, but that's a flamebait if I ever saw one. Of course you'll be waiting.

Brandon
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm not picking any sides here, but that's a flamebait if I ever saw one. Of course you'll be waiting.

Well, I'm hoping there are still some mature people here that can just disagree rather than feel the need to attack someone else's thoughts on something. If they wanna flame someone for the very thing that makes us all human (having our own opinion) then so be it. I don't expect everyone to share the same intellectual intelligence as I do. I prefer to be honest though.

dragos
10-26-2007, 07:13 PM
some stuff of what brandon says are true ,some are exagerations. ScT users don't seem to share your harsh opinion on ScT ,even if some facts are true of what you say. 16k usrs => 120k peers / 5.5k usrs => 20-22k peers.ScT is still the main site for users. Anyway, i think everyone agrees ScT and FTN are the 2 main pillons of 0day p2p, so we should just get along without this kind of threads ;)

Brandon
10-26-2007, 07:27 PM
some stuff of what brandon says are true ,some are exagerations. ScT users don't seem to share your harsh opinion on ScT ,even if some facts are true of what you say. 16k usrs => 120k peers / 5.5k usrs => 20-22k peers.ScT is still the main site for users. Anyway, i think everyone agrees ScT and FTN are the 2 main pillons of 0day p2p, so we should just get along without this kind of threads ;)

Change of heart? I honestly wasn't expecting a response from you such as this.. Frankly I'm shocked. Either way, I commend you on making a decent post. I just hope you continue to feel this way ;)

PS: my exaggerations were just to get my point out.

dashboardy
10-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Let's think about what "better" means. In my opinion, better means doesn't take much effort, quick downloads, and specifically quick downloads on things that PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE. How many people go on sites and download a ton of shit, upload to get their ratios l33t, and claim that the site's good? What makes a site "good"? Just because a site's "rare" doesn't mean it's "good". In this case, they are both somewhat rare, and both good. If you are on an average high speed internet connection, can ScT get a file you want onto your computer WAAY faster than FTN? I have a 10 Mbit download speed for my home internet connection, which is of course what I use to get files I want. I like watching TV shows, getting some games, some movies etc. Truthfully as far as TV shows, it's a moot point, because on most lower lvl sites - TL, RevTT, etc. I can max out my connection and thus be watching the show veery soon after it gets released. If I was on ScT or FTN, would it make ANY difference in that regard? NO. They might have slightly better pre times than some other trackers, and FTN might have better pre times than ScT, or vice versa, by at most a couple of minutes, but is it gonna make a difference to me if I get it at 9:15:37 PM EST or 9:17:24 PM EST? or start downloading it at that point, and have it on my computer at 9:24:31 instead of 9:28:11? I often download it the night of and watch it the next day... the connection is maxed on lower lvl trackers on my internet connection, and it'd make no difference if I was on either ScT or FTN.

Pretty much all popular torrents - all the main 0-day trackers release a lot of the same stuff. ScT and FTN are both obviously very good, and to be perfectly honest as far as filesharing is concerned, equal. They're really equal with other lower level sites as well, in fact I find a large site like TL very useful as I can pull off a very old file from it and get max or near max speeds - not so with smaller 0-day trackers. Being on a site like ScT or FTN and wanting it is really mostly about rarity. Sure they're fast, but there are lots of fast torrent sites, with both small and large userbases. They're high level trackers, and that's why people ask for them so much. I am no exception to this - I woudn't mind getting on both, and would be active on them for sure, but I am content with the trackers I have at this point.

Being able to download and upload at 100 mbit as opposed to 30 mbit from site to site imho is quite useless. You likely don't have a 100mbit internet connection at home anyway so any file you want to watch or app you want to install is limited by your internet connection speed anyways.

yoyogi4
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Disclaimer: No I do not hate sct. No I am not anti sct. No I don't care if you hate ftn. Yes I'm looking pretty today. Yes I think sct is being irresponsible in not only their but also their users safety. Yes I wish sct would finally wake up to reality and realize that eventually they will face severe consequences and the current benefits aren't worth them. No you cannot "donate and get an ftn invite gift" from me. Yes please stop pm'ing me asking for an invite.

:lol::lol: He's seducing us with subliminal messages!!!

sear
10-26-2007, 08:11 PM

I can't believe you bothered to register a new account just for that post :whistling

EDIT:

and thanks for the link to that article Brandon interesting read.

Vagaz
10-26-2007, 08:37 PM

:D I think I still have the logs from that conversation :whistling

iNSOMNiA
10-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Epic :w00t:
This thread was full of fail before this post. That's the spirit :happy:

direstraits
10-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Idiots... :frusty:

DKre8ive1
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe FST staff should start giving warnings to people who make a thread on something that has been discussed to death in the past.

It could be called the "Failed to use the search button" warning. :lol:

DefX
10-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Agreed. Let's give it a year before allowing one of these threads to pollute this section again.