PDA

View Full Version : when is it too early to start drinking?

snowultra
10-25-2007, 11:42 PM
is drinking before noon considered wrong?

Something Else
10-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Only if you choose to consider it wrong. It's entirely up to you.

GepperRankins
10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
nevor!

Smith
10-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Depends on the circumstances..

Say for instance you deiced to chug a mickey of whiskey on your lunch break..yeah thats wrong.

But if your on vacation anything goes.

kallieb
10-26-2007, 01:19 AM
I agree with the direction the Smith was heading into. You really need to consider the context. If you have other people or events that are relying upon you, or you are at a crossroads in your life where you could go forward or backward, or you have plans for yourself but you're not sure what to do about it yet...well than don't drink before noon!

mievmo
10-26-2007, 01:46 AM
NEVER.... Start drinking at ur 1st chance.

Totti
10-26-2007, 02:34 AM
wake up with a vodka shot if that makes you feel good :)

AmpeD
10-26-2007, 02:43 AM
its 5 o'clock somewhere is the saying here in texas

Skiz
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
its 5 o'clock somewhere is the saying here in texas

Yep.

I've been working the "Preload" sort all this week at UPS and getting off at around 9AM.

Yesterday, I went to The Tavern at 12th and Lamar to get a burger and a beer.

I may do it again when I get off tomorrow. :)

Totti
10-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Man the u.s sucks ass I'm here in the great state of Texas visiting my family (on leave from the Israeli army) so i go to a restaurant and want to order a beer but WAIT no drinking age is 21 not like Israel or any other normal country in the world where it is 18 WTF?!?!!?

Skiz
10-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Man the u.s sucks ass I'm here in the great state of Texas visiting my family (on leave from the Israeli army) so i go to a restaurant and want to order a beer but WAIT no drinking age is 21 not like Israel or any other normal country in the world where it is 18 WTF?!?!!?

Sorry our country isn't "normal". Don't like it? GTFO.

The entire US has a drinking age of 21. Canada is 20 I believe.

All of the states implemented it from 18 years of age in order to cut down accidents and drunk driving fatalities. Statistics show that it has worked, so I'm fine with it.

Are you with family? You can drink if you have a legal guardian present.

DooMeD68
10-26-2007, 07:04 AM
too right ! :yup::yup::yup:

S!X
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM

Sorry our country isn't "normal". Don't like it? GTFO.

The entire US has a drinking age of 21. Canada is 20 I believe.

All of the states implemented it from 18 years of age in order to cut down accidents and drunk driving fatalities. Statistics show that it has worked, so I'm fine with it.

Are you with family? You can drink if you have a legal guardian present.

Canada is 19, unless it's Alberta their drinking age is 18.

weenden
10-26-2007, 08:23 AM
not if the bars open ,when we used to go on vaca to wildwood in my younger days our house we rented for the week was across the street from the bar we would get up and out when the bar light was lit ..which meant they were open mmmmmnnnn beer and steamed hot dogs what a great breakfast wish i could still be there today but alas im a working fool now with no time or money for such dreams oohhh yeah many games of shuffle alley ,,,, a bowling game

hippychick
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
hmmm lets see
If your between 16 and 20 and you start to drink at noon, you'll be wasted by 5 pm and passed out by 9pm. Vomiting by midnoght:sick: You can't handle booze yet.

Between 20 and 30 if you start before noon. You'll be wasted by 9pm and passed out by midnight. Your a young alkie going to college parties with your buddies, you got it going on

Between 30 and 40 if you drink after noon. Your being social at happy hour with friends and co-workers, If you drink alone to get drunk, your an alkie and need to think about rehab.

Over 40 and you drink after noon before 5pm your a closet alkie. After 5pm happy houir with friends, your chilling. Alone your a drunk.

Those are my views of drinking, may not apply to all people :D

bigboab
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't drink after 8.

One over the eight is too much for most people.:rolleyes:

Jiggles
10-28-2007, 03:23 AM
it depends when you wake up, usually 6 hours after you wake up is good i guess

DRACOJOE2
10-28-2007, 01:05 PM
10:30 AM is a good starting point.

100%
10-28-2007, 01:07 PM
hmmm lets see
If your between 16 and 20 and you start to drink at noon, you'll be wasted by 5 pm and passed out by 9pm. Vomiting by midnoght:sick: You can't handle booze yet.

Between 20 and 30 if you start before noon. You'll be wasted by 9pm and passed out by midnight. Your a young alkie going to college parties with your buddies, you got it going on

Between 30 and 40 if you drink after noon. Your being social at happy hour with friends and co-workers, If you drink alone to get drunk, your an alkie and need to think about rehab.

Over 40 and you drink after noon before 5pm your a closet alkie. After 5pm happy houir with friends, your chilling. Alone your a drunk.

Those are my views of drinking, may not apply to all people :D

agreed, unless your "co workers" are unemployed.