PDA

View Full Version : Uploaders Wanted

superseed101
10-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I currently need uploaders for my new site www.vapourtorrents.com. I will supply a seed box if you have access to ftp ect. Uploaders would need good speeds as the site is extremely private and we aim to please its users.

Thanks

silhoutte
10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Why is the site displayed as torrentbits?

Edit: Guessing it would be for security reasons.

Is it the old torrentbits.org itself?

superseed101
10-26-2007, 08:36 AM
im uploading a banner now im having problems with ftp

JA
10-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Asking for unloaders at FST is probably the worst idea...

Maybe try idleling in a few well known IRC's, get to know a few people and your bound to bump into a few REAL dedicated uploaders ;)

Skiz
10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Agreed.

superseed, you also stated you already had over 500 active torrents when you asked me for CR status. Looks more like zero torrents. :dabs:

extinguisher
10-26-2007, 08:49 AM
I currently need uploaders for my new site www.vapourtorrents.com. I will supply a seed box if you have access to ftp ect. Uploaders would need good speeds as the site is extremely private and we aim to please its users.

so private that you're advertising the url here on fst, allow signups from disposable emails addresses and common proxies, and use your real info on the whois data. that's without mentioning that the site is hosted in germany, and judging from your previous posts here, run by an inexperienced teenager.

good luck, you're going to need it.

kaoblanco
10-26-2007, 08:53 AM
extinguisher, I take it this is the first thread by superseed101 that you've read.

Otherwise, you'd be far from surprised.

superseed101
10-26-2007, 08:58 AM
we lost torrents in the move and its going invite only in a week

Skiz
10-26-2007, 08:59 AM
What happened to your DB?

Daniel
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I don't even want to ask about the name in the whois lookup or the issue with another tracker's logo instead your own. What baffles me is that you moved your host, not from but TO 1&1/schlund. No sensible person would do that for a torrent tracker.

superseed101
10-26-2007, 09:41 AM
get your facts write daniel the domain is hosted with 1 and 1 dumb ass ! And We got hacked

Skiz
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
So it's secure too then? Nice.

superseed101
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
lol it is now its very secure now, remember were up and coming but we have learnt and we got a good team of staff on the site

briand5379
10-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Good luck with the site. It seems like I've seen more ads about new sites in the last few days then I've seen in the last few months.

GoLDeN
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
iam sure of 1 thing this isnt a good idea

relleuM
10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
[1045] dbconn: mysql_connect: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Not a good start for a new tracker

XS75
10-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Problems With VapourTorrents

MUST READ!

1.) Hosted in Germany by a UK COMPANY! No Laws to Protect Us!
A better choice would have been Sweden, Malaysia or Canada
2.) Hosted on Shared Hosting! The Server Administrator can Easily view the Contents on your web folder!
The Server Admin Can view everything in your website including the info that lets him log into your database without any problems!
3.) NO WHOIS DOMAIN PROTECTION! ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN GET YOUR FULL NAME, STREET ADDRESS & NUMBER, & COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN!
/me is gonna notifiy British Authorities
joke :) I dont need to, they can find it with a click of a button!
4.) You lied to us by saying you had 500 Torrents! Any real coder would have been able to move that NO Problem :)
5.) You Said its Secure, I just ran my Web Scanner, i found multiple injections!
6.) Asking for uploaders on a forum that has members on so many sites, why should they upload for you, when they can get more "respect" uploading at TL, or ScT, or FTN, etc.
7.) Promoting your site from the start on FST, when you could have done it on TBDev or TPG (whenever it comes back online)

edit:

but..... Good Luck with your Tracker :D

crazman_1
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Problems With VapourTorrents

MUST READ!

1.) Hosted in Germany by a UK COMPANY! No Laws to Protect Us!
A better choice would have been Sweden, Malaysia or Canada
2.) Hosted on Shared Hosting! The Server Administrator can Easily view the Contents on your web folder!
The Server Admin Can view everything in your website including the info that lets him log into your database without any problems!
3.) NO WHOIS DOMAIN PROTECTION! ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN GET YOUR FULL NAME, STREET ADDRESS & NUMBER, & COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN!
/me is gonna notifiy British Authorities
joke :) I dont need to, they can find it with a click of a button!
4.) You lied to us by saying you had 500 Torrents! Any real coder would have been able to move that NO Problem :)

Not good.

relleuM
10-26-2007, 01:23 PM
no offense to superseed but look at his history of posts.

1. needs server partner
2. needs to know what tracker script to use
3. had a 'great' tracker idea
4. posted he had a leaseweb server and a site
5. needed a domain
6. need staff
7. wanted to split the cost of a seedbox.
8. needs uploaders.

Just my opinion but someone like this should be running a tracker.

kaoblanco
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
They say hindsight is 20-20, right?

Yeah, but in this case the headlights of the truck were visible from all the way down the highway (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=1844555).

Best of luck, I suppose. At least your heart seems to be in the right place. :) Too bad about the real esate north of there though.

e:f,b ^^ Yup, that's precisely what I meant.

superseed101
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
wtf its not shared its dedicated

superseed101
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
ok ive had some offers but need more please help we want dedicated uploaders thanks