PDA

View Full Version : The Pirate Bay To Bring Back OiNK

dawgeee
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/News%20Images/ThePirateBay.pngThe Pirate Bay is currently working on an OiNK replacement in an attempt to bring the hundreds of thousands of music albums back online that disappeared during the raid. The replacement will be released within a week and on the BOiNK.cd domain.

BOiNK will be a little different from OiNK. For instance, the tracker will be public and it will start out with a lot less torrents than OiNK had when it was raided. The success of BOiNK will mainly depend on the former OiNK community, who will be asked to upload their old OiNK torrents.

The most important thing about BOiNK is perhaps the message it sends out to the IFPI and the BPI: It shows that that if you stop one tracker, others will pop up days after. It is a hydra. Call it a slap in the face if you want.

BOiNK will probably be ready in a few days. People from the Pirate Bay, Mininova, TorrentFreak and even the recently arrested (and released) OiNK admin are currently at The Oil of the 21st Century conference where they are - among other things - discussing filesharing, culture and copyright related issues.

BOiNK is a Pirate Bay only project, OiNK and other BitTorrent sites are not involved.

In the meantime, please stay away from scam sites that pretend to be related to OiNK. All they will do is take your money and run away. As soon as there�s an approved donation campaign (if there will be any) we will report it here.

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-to-bring-back-oink-071026/

Skiz
10-26-2007, 04:13 PM
So they're just opening a public tracker for music and giving it a similar name, and using similar colors?

Posers.

:wank:

sysnoop
10-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Great a shitty public tracker that will bear no resemblance to oink at all.

Totti
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
WOW let's hope that it will be good with all the leecher problems that public sites have :)

fOrUmAs
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
sound very good..but dont like public site tho...

AugustoP
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
There's no way they could enforce rules on a public tracker. I expect insane amount of dupes, low quality uploads and all the usual public tracker "features".

LinkS v2.0
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
It wont be OiNK. There will just be hoards of transcoded, non-seeded, mislabled, shit uploaded. This is why OiNK existed, as a reliable source of good quality music, which ‘BOiNK’ won’t be.

pretty retarded to have it public.

pandapop
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
They are doing it to make a point more than anything else i suspect

Alien5
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
i agree its more of publicity stunt than replacement for ex-oinkers

guglhupf
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
They are doing it to make a point more than anything else i suspect

absolutely. and people should really be more supportive about it, instead of complaining. i loved my oink too, but stop crying, life does go on. nowadays every band is on myspace anyway, so you gan give the band's sound a try without having to buy the album right away.

Alien5
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
im sure it will get plenty of support but wont be anything like the original oinks :emo:

sexydingo
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Ew, public...

Alien5
10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Ew, public... :lol: maybe they should name it Demonoinks instead then :unsure:

riff
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Ew, public... :lol: maybe they should name it Demonoinks instead then :unsure:

more like - sharetheoink4u

AkaiDoresu
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, for the past week we have been talking about more selective access and security and OiNK will be on again with even less secure tracker, lol and I's really funny since The Pirate Bay was shut down too not so long ago and had serious legal issues.

Strange, I hope this is not true, nobody wants a mininovia to be called OiNK.

TheFoX
10-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Regardless of whether we think this is tacky or not, it does send one clear simple message to those who think that they can control the population, and that is...

'For every site you crush, another will rise in it's place'...

I would also say that TPB is creating an OiNK lookalike simply to drum the above message home to the controllers. In other words, they are giving the BPI and IFPI the finger, big time.

sexydingo
10-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Yea, its a nice effort, and nobody can deny TPB's commitment to progressing the torrent community... but really you can't replace OiNK with a public tracker. Calling it an OiNK replacement is a bit tacky to be sure.

koolyt
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
:lol: maybe they should name it Demonoinks instead then :unsure:

more like - sharetheoink4u

hahaha

Polarbear
10-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Great a shitty public tracker

oh yeah? do you know a better one? you should have a little more respect for those guys!

they did more for the bt scene than many "shitty" so called private tracker.

LackOfInterest
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
GRANTED it won't be as good as oink seeing as its gonna be a public tracker, nothing wrong with that. +1 to the pirate bay though for yet another slap in the face to people trying to stop piracy

munkyboy04
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Long Live the Pirate Bay!!!!!!!!!!!

misledhope
10-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The Pirate Bay is currently working on an OiNK replacement in an attempt to bring the hundreds of thousands of music albums back online that disappeared during the raid. The replacement will be released within a week and on the BOiNK.cd domain.

BOiNK will be a little different from OiNK. For instance, the tracker will be public and it will start out with a lot less torrents than OiNK had when it was raided. The success of BOiNK will mainly depend on the former OiNK community, who will be asked to upload their old OiNK torrents.

The most important thing about BOiNK is perhaps the message it sends out to the IFPI and the BPI: It shows that that if you stop one tracker, others will pop up days after. It is a hydra. Call it a slap in the face if you want.

BOiNK will probably be ready in a few days. People from the Pirate Bay, Mininova, TorrentFreak and even the recently arrested (and released) OiNK admin are currently at The Oil of the 21st Century conference where they are - among other things - discussing filesharing, culture and copyright related issues.

BOiNK is a Pirate Bay only project, OiNK and other BitTorrent sites are not involved.

In the meantime, please stay away from scam sites that pretend to be related to OiNK. All they will do is take your money and run away. As soon as there�s an approved donation campaign (if there will be any) we will report it here.

:source: Source: http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-to-bring-back-oink-071026/

misledhope
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
remember though that this will be a place all ex oinkers can upload the albums they got there and then anyone can get them to help resurrect a private oinkish site without having to get 50 000 members to have even close to the content. theres nothing wrong with a public oink archive of sorts. file sharing is just that sharing.. with everyone. you dont have to download from there but it would be nice if every ex oinker uploaded one or 2 of their albums upon launch.

Koeckebacker
10-26-2007, 07:44 PM
TPB is able to pull this off. Love the idea of BOiNK :P

ChelseaManiac
10-26-2007, 07:50 PM
the site wont compare with oink, oink took years to build hopefully the database has been backed up and is in tact and someone will have the confidence to bring it back.

respect to the pirate bay though, they are a bunch of legends they love winding up the authorities, a month earlier they were actually suing the music industry themselves lol

Mïcrösöül°V³
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Imma put a server on the moon and call it oinksinspace. Are there any intergalactic piracy laws? :P

jokzor
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
i applaud pirate bay, i used to think they were a bunch of kiddos trying to play a 21 century risk, i mean show off and go against big companies
but they are really changing my mind
go pirate bay!

fook3d
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
As the site will be public, I think the 9th comment on the link sums this up tbh.

It wont be OiNK. There will just be hoards of transcoded, non-seeded, mislabled, shit uploaded. This is why OiNK existed, as a reliable source of good quality music, which ‘BOiNK’ won’t be.

tweakz
10-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Boy r those dwnlds ever going 2 be slow wit all those leeches.....lol

blackbird
10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
remember suprnova ? :whistling

Mister Moo
10-26-2007, 09:51 PM
public? booooo

Actatoi
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
As in making a statement this is great. Contentwise, let's see.

jokzor
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
As the site will be public, I think the 9th comment on the link sums this up tbh.

altough that is a reality is that kind of shit that makes me wonder how can we have ppl behaving like this, mpaa and riaa aren't enough?

jsndrive
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I think bringing back OiNK in any way or form is great. It's better than the alternative of not having it.

killuminati96
10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
haha The Pirate Bay team is unstoppable! :cool: This shit makes me laugh when they do this.

Detale
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I see alot of bitching in here. "Public!? ugh" I am not a fan of public trackers either but at least they're doing something, what are you guys doing? This is a great thing and a great message from the BT community and I applaud Pirate Bay staff for having the balls to go through with it as I think you should too.

Shando
10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
very good news

misledhope
10-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I see alot of bitching in here. "Public!? ugh" I am not a fan of public trackers either but at least they're doing something, what are you guys doing? This is a great thing and a great message from the BT community and I applaud Pirate Bay staff for having the balls to go through with it as I think you should too.

:D ... smart man, i agree with so many of your posts.

rabidmule
10-27-2007, 02:13 AM
oINK shall be resurrected in all its gloreeeey!!

Pzero
10-27-2007, 04:17 AM
oINK shall be resurrected in all its gloreeeey!!
Not even close.

C&P'd, Probably been said before, but as a statement, TPB does a great job and they need to keep showing that this sorta thing won't be killed so easily. As a tracker replacement for OiNK, it won't work at all, millions of transcodes, no incentive to seed, no banning, flood of random users.

S!X
10-27-2007, 06:52 AM
fuck this!

redMonster
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Nice effort but I don't think a public tracker will be able to match the standard and quality of OiNK.

psxcite
10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Clearly this is a publicity stunt. Noting can replace Oink. That's a given. But, a public music tracker will never work. There's enough garbage apps and movies on public trackers. I don't want to download a new Linkin Park cd only to find out it's Dolly Parton.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I know it won't replace Oink that's for shizzle but at least it's better than nuthin'...
The Pirates got the "cojones" to at least do sumfin like that:D
Respect :clap:

physter
10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Regardless of their intentions (whatever they are!) a public tracker just isn't going to attract the calibre of uploaders that Oink had, it's doomed to failure and derision in the long term and while it's a great idea for giving the IFPI a timely poke in the eye what is really needed is a resurrection of Oink itself - which isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Oink was special because it's members were special but above all because Oink himself was special, he cared about the music and it showed but he also had the vision and the ability to make it work. TPB can't match that.

donnied
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
The OiNKis dead!

Long live the BOiNK!

Mr JP Fugley
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Oink was special ... above all because Oink himself was special, he cared about the music and it showed but he also had the vision and the ability to make it work.

Oh grow the fuck up, he was doing it because he liked to make shitloads of money from people. How often did he accept "donations for server costs" when he had already received thousands of pounds more than the real server cost. How often was the donations thing a lie, all the fucking time. The man was making fortunes for doing fuck all.

He was ripping people off, real filesharers, and got arrested. He's no better than the likes of Sharman.

Polarbear
10-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Oink was special ... above all because Oink himself was special, he cared about the music and it showed but he also had the vision and the ability to make it work.

Oh grow the fuck up, he was doing it because he liked to make shitloads of money from people. How often did he accept "donations for server costs" when he had already received thousands of pounds more than the real server cost. How often was the donations thing a lie, all the fucking time. The man was making fortunes for doing fuck all.

He was ripping people off, real filesharers, and got arrested. He's no better than the likes of Sharman.

i suggest you take some time and read this:

http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/

then come again.

Mr JP Fugley
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I suggest you read the facts about what was actually happening, in the real World.

Polarbear
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I suggest you read the facts about what was actually happening, in the real World.

fair enough. gimme some reading.

FungoTarbox
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I would also be interested in hearing any evidence about this supposed "fortune" OiNK was hauling in. I doubt they were pulling in very much money through donations.

Alien5
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
good luck finding that evidence.

Mr JP Fugley
10-27-2007, 09:40 PM
They've already got it FFS, they wouldn't have executed warrants in the UK and in The Netherlands if they didn't. Do you really think that FIOD would have seized servers if the UK Police couldn't prove that he had been making a substantial gain from this. Yeah right, breach all sorts of ECHR rights because of simple copyright theft, my arse it would never happen.

They will have served production orders in relation to the paypal accounts and the bank accounts and know exactly what the turnovers were. The CPS would not have allowed the warrants otherwise. To say nothing of the Judge in the UK who actually signed them. Or the Judge in the Netherlands who agreed them.

This action would not have been taken unless there was a really good prima facie case that he was making large profits from this activity.

Guess who he was making the money from, filesharers.

Jaggster
10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Mmm... interesting! RESPECT for the Pirate Bay! :clap:

Mr JP Fugley why do u care so much if he was making money or not? Every member can choose whether to donate or not. I'm sure he was investing a very big part of his time in this site, so whats wrong with having some profit from it? :)

Barbarossa
10-27-2007, 10:32 PM
As far as I know he never came to this site :unsure:

mossy123
10-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Its gonna be SHIT. Im hoping that the oink dudes get off scott free and come back to bring it back online.

Mr JP Fugley
10-27-2007, 11:48 PM

Mr JP Fugley why do u care so much if he was making money or not? Every member can choose whether to donate or not. I'm sure he was investing a very big part of his time in this site, so whats wrong with having some profit from it? :)

I don't care a flying fuck, I never "donated" any money. Just don't make the guy out to be some sort of urban hero, when he was in it for the money.

He was a guy ripping the pish out of true filesharers. Who do it for the sharing. He did it for the profit. Worse than that, he got his money from filesharers, not from the big companies.

That's appalling.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-27-2007, 11:57 PM
ha ha maybe true all that shit why a guy would be arrested by collaboration of Interpol, Dutch & British Police if he hasn't do some rip off...
Maybe the real story is that Some child of a cop wanted so bad an invite to oink that he paid for it and got scammed, and was so pissed that he told Daddy the super cop and maybe that's where it all comes from....:D :D :lol:

hahaha im jokin'....
you know what...im tired...gotta sleep...

http://i24.tinypic.com/dbtzex.png

Hairbautt
10-28-2007, 12:05 AM

I don't care a flying fuck, I never "donated" any money. Just don't make the guy out to be some sort of urban hero, when he was in it for the money.

He was a guy ripping the pish out of true filesharers. Who do it for the sharing. He did it for the profit. Worse than that, he got his money from filesharers, not from the big companies.

That's appalling.
I always thought it was weird to donate. After all if I had the money...:unsure:

Artakserksis
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure if it's going to work out, because it's going to be public. Oink users were used to nazi admins and difficult ratio keeping and I doubt they'll like this instead of the old oink.

Nightguard
10-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Very good news :w00t::happy: