PDA

View Full Version : Pedro's BtMusic question

Totti
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Does Pedro's allow uploading your music like oink or other files like ebooks windows apps mac apps and so forth??
If not i think we should commute together and make it possible on this site so it could maybe resemble oink. they already have the good community base up so maybe it could work...

just an idea don't kill me over it :whistling

Skiz
10-26-2007, 04:42 PM
No.

Pedro's is a lossless audio tracker with hand picked uploaders.... like myself. :D

Totti
10-26-2007, 04:48 PM
ooo ok :)

p1r4t3
10-26-2007, 05:14 PM
its not like hadn picked uploaders. just send them a log of your flac rip and they ll give u uploader status. In fact they are like asking for u to be uploaders, if u look on their staff page that is :/

AkaiDoresu
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Is BTMusic website down?

kentanos
10-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Is BTMusic website down?

yes , it is down :(

beat
10-26-2007, 06:04 PM
No.

Pedro's is a lossless audio tracker with hand picked uploaders.... like myself. :D

Hand picked? Everyone can be an uploader as long as they have new music to share and know how to properly rip. That's the good thing about Pedro's everyone can share what they have but the standards are still high so you know the rips are good. :happy:

AkaiDoresu
10-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I have 40kb/s upload, can I be an uploader as long as I rip properly and now how to upload/describe release?

beat
10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes I think so. But still you must have something that:

A) Will actually be downloaded (mainstream rock and pop aren't really appreciated there :P)
B) Wasn't already uploaded, which sometimes is kind of hard.

There are some guides there on how to setup EAC to properly rip so it won't really be a problem.

Totti
10-26-2007, 06:25 PM
so in theory pedros could be the new oink if it enlarged the user database ten fold maybe hehe

beat
10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
No because Pedro's is lossless only (no mp3's in there). And as I already said a lot of mainstream music doesn't get there. You won't find much pop or electronic there.

Skiz
10-26-2007, 06:29 PM
its not like hadn picked uploaders. just send them a log of your flac rip and they ll give u uploader status. In fact they are like asking for u to be uploaders, if u look on their staff page that is :/

No.

Hand picked? Everyone can be an uploader as long as they have new music to share and know how to properly rip. That's the good thing about Pedro's everyone can share what they have but the standards are still high so you know the rips are good. :happy:

You guys take things too literal. :P

AkaiDoresu
10-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Skizo, I read on Pedro's forum you need at least 8mbit connection in order to upload. Is that true, cuz I don't think actually all Pedro's uploaders have such speed.

beat
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a 1mbit upload (100kB/s) and I'm uploader there. :)

Skiz
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
What criteria must I meet before I can join the Uploaders team?

First of all, you must have GOOD music!

You must be able to provide releases that:

* fulfill our UPLOADING RULES!

Also:

* your RATIO must be 0.5 or higher.
* have an upload total of at least 2 GB, ie 1GB more than you're given as a gift after joining.
* must be a member for longer than 2 weeks.

If you meet these criteria, please read our guide on applying for uploader status.

;)