PDA

View Full Version : Chalkmongoose

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 11:30 AM
is anyone else offended by chalkmongoose's sig?

i have sent him a pm however, he has now chosen to block me

just thought i'd ask in here and see if there are any feelings towards

p.s. chalky, you coward

lynx
07-14-2003, 11:41 AM
I see nothing wrong with his sig, although I do not agree with it's sentiments.

And he is perfectly entitled to block messages from you.

Live with it.

MetroStars
07-14-2003, 11:43 AM

Live with it.

I agree with this -- his sig is not that bad... --

He is entitled 2 his own sig Opinion

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by lynx@14 July 2003 - 12:41

Live with it.
i'm not moaning that he is blocking my messages
far from it, i respect others privacy

i only mentioned it incase people put up "spam" and said "why not just pm him"

lynx
07-14-2003, 11:52 AM
This sounds like the start of another flame war.

Mods, if you agree, please close this.

MetroStars
07-14-2003, 11:54 AM
dude what is it that bothers u about his sig... I have just read like 10 times and there's nuthing wrong with it....

It's not Racist, it does not have any foul Language, Its not slating any 1...

I think sum people r going out of there way to b just plain nasty 2 chalkmongoose

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 12:54
dude what is it that bothers u about his sig... I have just read like 10 times and there's nuthing wrong with it....

It's not Racist, it does not have any foul Language, Its not slating any 1...

I think sum people r going out of there way to b just plain nasty 2 chalkmongoose
i'm not trying to be plain nasty to anyone

i do not think a quote from a man who promotes gun ownership and the defense of the home with said guns to "his" people is appropriate material for a forum which has young visitors

why is it that no excess swearing is allowed here?

why are guns any more different

i believe chalky is the one trying to start trouble

MetroStars
07-14-2003, 12:21 PM
dude what wrong with gun owner ship, me personally i think there's nuthing worng with owning a gun and in the US it's totaly normal.. and Chalkmongoose is from NY.. It's not like he's saying iam going 2 take a Revolver in 2 school and shoot every 1... come 2 think of it my dad has sum sort of pistol well he did have he couldn't bring it 2 England

Skillian
07-14-2003, 12:56 PM
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or not to own a gun, it's a signature so it can say what he wants it to say.

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 13:21
dude what wrong with gun owner ship, me personally i think there's nuthing worng with owning a gun and in the US it's totaly normal.. and Chalkmongoose is from NY.. It's not like he's saying iam going 2 take a Revolver in 2 school and shoot every 1... come 2 think of it my dad has sum sort of pistol well he did have he couldn't bring it 2 England
this isn't the time or the place to debate the finer points of gun ownership

however, i would recommend you watch bowling for columbine and see heston stubmble for answer in his interview.

see the destruction and deaths caused by gun ownership...

MetroStars
07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Dude, i have seen Bowling for Columbine...

and yes I agree with sum of the points in the movie..

However, if u lived in the USA i think your opinion might b a little diffrent..

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 14:06
Dude, i have seen Bowling for Columbine...

and yes I agree with sum of the points in the movie..

However, if u lived in the USA i think your opinion might b a little diffrent..
nope

lynx
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 July 2003 - 13:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 14 July 2003 - 13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 13:21
dude what wrong with gun owner ship, me personally i think there&#39;s nuthing worng with owning a gun and in the US it&#39;s totaly normal.. and Chalkmongoose is from NY.. It&#39;s not like he&#39;s saying iam going 2 take a&nbsp; Revolver in 2 school and shoot every 1... come 2 think of it my dad has sum sort of pistol well he did have he couldn&#39;t bring it 2 England
this isn&#39;t the time or the place to debate the finer points of gun ownership

however, i would recommend you watch bowling for columbine and see heston stubmble for answer in his interview.

see the destruction and deaths caused by gun ownership... [/b][/quote]
You have said this in about ten other posts.
You are getting boring and repetitive.

You say that this isn&#39;t the place to talk about gun ownership, then rant about it.

Oh, and your sig is now bordering on the offensive.

Grow up.

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by lynx@14 July 2003 - 14:09
this isn&#39;t the time or the place to debate the finer points of gun ownership

see the destruction and deaths caused by gun ownership...
You have said this in about ten other posts.
You are getting boring and repetitive.

You say that this isn&#39;t the place to talk about gun ownership, then rant about it.

Oh, and your sig is now bordering on the offensive.

Grow up. [/quote]
10?
you can count, right?

also, make the distinction about my sig: stupid is the message

MetroStars
07-14-2003, 01:19 PM
if u r not American or if u have not lived in America then u haven&#39;t got a clue what u r talking about..

i think u have watched Bowling for Columbine 2 many thimes... and does your sig offend me not in any way...

cos i agree with Lynx your just being childish and pathetic...

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 14:19
if u r not American or if u have not lived in America then u haven&#39;t got a clue what u r talking about..

i think u have watched Bowling for Columbine 2 many thimes... and does your sig offend me not in any way...

cos i agree with Lynx your just being childish and pathetic...
my sig is not intended to annoy you, per se

you can call me childish and pathetic if you please, however, i have the right to freedom of speech apparently, so until a mod decides to censor it, it shall stay

also, how can i have no idea what i&#39;m talking about?
is it not possible i actually have family who live in america?
as it happens, i do, and they have lived in california for 20 years or so without one gun on their property.
they are not dead, and have never been burgled.

i have watched bowling for columbine twice

if you think that is too many times then fine

Skillian
07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
you can call me childish and pathetic if you please, however, i have the right to freedom of speech apparently, so until a mod decides to censor it, it shall stay

I think that&#39;s the answer...

Riddler
07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Riddler comes in with a little pail of water to try and .................. :o OOOH &#33;... OUCH &#33;....TOO HOT &#33;... TOO HOT &#33; ;)

Seriously though;
Maybe we can start a poll on this topic....or try it out in World News & Events. No doubt a topic this sensitive would generate some pretty good discussion.
Just a thought.

I&#39;ll go away now. :)

EDIT; Well, waddya know, ilw&#39;s got it started over there right now.

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@14 July 2003 - 14:25
why should it be censored though?
for what reason?

ilw
i started a thread on gun ownership in the world news and events section, u can if u want debate it there intelligently
3rd gen noob I&#39;m not american and it doesn&#39;t annoy me but its just a matter of time before a mod asks that sig to be removed or removes it for u, why not just save the agro.

lynx
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 14:12
10?
you can count, right?

also, make the distinction about my sig: stupid is the message
The word before 10 was about, signifying potential inaccuracy (because I could not be bothered to go and count your ravings).

Many people may agree with your feelings on gun ownership, but the way you attack individuals instead of the issue drives them away, and you end up losing the argument.

I disagree with metrostars over his stance on guns, but (at the proper time) we can have a serious debate about it without getting personal. You should try doing the same.

MetroStars
dude that&#39;s fine with your family not owing a gun... my pops lived with a pistol in his draw for over 20 years according 2 my mother...

U will just have get over the fact that guns r legal in the US and their is nuthing much u can do 2 change that fact...

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ilw@14 July 2003 - 14:27
i started a thread on gun ownership in the world news and events section, u can if u want debate it there intelligently
3rd gen noob I&#39;m not american and it doesn&#39;t annoy me but its just a matter of time before a mod asks that sig to be removed or removes it for u, why not just save the agro.
i&#39;m making a point

some will undoubtedly call it childish, i think it&#39;s funny anyway

however, there is true sentiment behind it too

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 14:27
dude that&#39;s fine with your family not owing a gun... my pops lived with a pistol in his draw for over 20 years according 2 my mother...

U will just have get over the fact that guns r legal in the US and their is nuthing much u can do 2 change that fact...
i do not wish to even think about changing gun laws in america
i have neither the power nor the will to do such a thing

also, just because something is legal, should you feel pressure to do it?

owning shotguns is legal in the uk, however, i know of no-one who owns a shotgun

Skillian
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 July 2003 - 14:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 14 July 2003 - 14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@14 July 2003 - 14:25
for what reason? [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t think it should. Personally I don&#39;t think anyone&#39;s posts or signatures should be censored.

But if your&#39;s should be left alone, then surely chalkmongoose&#39;s should too? If anything, it&#39;s less likely to cause offence than yours.

3rd gen noob
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Skillian+14 July 2003 - 14:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skillian @ 14 July 2003 - 14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 14:27
<!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@14 July 2003 - 14:25
for what reason?
I don&#39;t think it should. Personally I don&#39;t think anyone&#39;s posts or signatures should be censored.

But if your&#39;s should be left alone, then surely chalkmongoose&#39;s should too? If anything, it&#39;s less likely to cause offence than yours. [/b][/quote]
precisely

his is not going to be changed, so if mine is, it&#39;s rather unjust

oldmancan
07-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Sorry 3rd gen noob, but I have to tell you that I do not find Chalkmongoose&#39;s sig to be at all offensive. Your&#39;s on the other hand does offend me.

It is yours, and not so offensive that it is obnoxious, so keep it or lose it whatever. That&#39;s up to you.

The bit about Charles Heston makes one think for a second, then maybe longer. The bit about I Hate... just begs to be ignored.

Just my 2 cents, Cheers.