PDA

View Full Version : Oink Cheat Script

spark
10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
What about it? I wish that every tracker uses it!

dragos
10-27-2007, 11:30 AM
i think Skizo would be more than happy to see the Oink script on all site's ;)

monodinamo
10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
its worked cause only 'oink' knowed the detection method.
if more people know about it ,then more chance to around it.

titofat
10-27-2007, 11:48 AM
yes oink was the best in Cheat Script

guglhupf
10-27-2007, 12:02 PM
well sometimes it worked too good :)
i had to get my account revoked by the admins twice cause the script kicked me..

mrnobody
10-27-2007, 01:15 PM
if everyone knew it then peps could still find holes through it.

desiKing
10-27-2007, 01:51 PM

:yup: if more more start to using it, than cheater will always find a ways of cracking it. :frusty:

markupmaster
10-27-2007, 01:56 PM

Unfortunately,He has a point...

:(

waban
10-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Oink Cheat Script sucks and their staffs are stupid.
They kick seeder's ass and kiss cheater's ass.

Their Cheat Script is useless for local peer discovery cheating.

These cheaters always use a UT screenshot with local seeding and refuse to provide a speedtest result directly from Speedtest.net

wildbytes
10-27-2007, 02:57 PM

These cheaters always use a UT screenshot with local seeding and refuse to provide a speedtest result directly from Speedtest.net

Sounds you were caught for cheating. haha

O and there cheat scripts worked just fine and if you did nothing wrong then you would have had no problems.

Wild

LLED
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
i think it only worked coz the torrent sizes were small and on big torrents there r a lot of partial seeders

heard that cheaters can be caught easily with a script when they cheat in small torrents

maybe some1 verify that

Melvinmeow
10-27-2007, 05:50 PM
i think it only worked coz the torrent sizes were small and on big torrents there r a lot of partial seeders

heard that cheaters can be caught easily with a script when they cheat in small torrents

maybe some1 verify that

That could be 1 of the main reasons.
if you upload 40gigs on a file only snatched 10 times and is 90MB in size it makes it a little too obvious. Where on most sites the files are avg almost 1 gig in size so its harder to detect.

The oink scripts were pretty good at catching cheats but not always accurate.
I beleive sites like bitmetv and theplace use fairly similiar scripts.

alew
10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
as far as I know OiNK scripts kicked a fair share of legitimate users and in my opinion its not worth the hassle... just look at what happened with torrentbytes after it blocked all iraeli IPs for cheating.. IMO this kind of script can be used to pin point the cheaters but never to automatically kick users for cheating. Kicking one honest user for cheating is not worth ten cheaters out of a tracker in my opinion..

10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
we can take it and edit it to work better ;)

TheFoX
10-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.

Artemis
10-27-2007, 10:13 PM
sorry for the spam :whistling but nice mr fox rofl :D:01:

waban
10-29-2007, 05:09 AM

Sounds you were caught for cheating. haha

O and there cheat scripts worked just fine and if you did nothing wrong then you would have had no problems.

Wild

I'm considered a good member on every tracker expect those trackers were under the management by idiots.

JA
10-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.
Why would you invent such a thing..:shifty:

sert
10-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Wild

I don't understand you fully, but if these scripts are so easy to code then why you didn't code one instead of banning completely Azureus for a mod that only few are using? At least oink never banned AZ...

Skiz
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Could you update it so that it doesn't disable quality members? That would be awesome. :smilie4:

KSA
10-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Now they gone with their secret :P

Melvinmeow
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM

Could you update it so that it doesn't disable quality members? That would be awesome. :smilie4:

If you want it to not disable quality members then you wouldnt have a need for it anyways would you? Since it would still not work in your favor so to speak.

BTW TheFox misworded his post above. He meant to say him and purple wrong the Cheat Detection script. Way he posted it may have confused people to think he wrote the cheat script itself lmao

ibnahmed
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
there were always ways of getting around it, taking into account that not all people want to get a good ratio, some only want to download their favourite stuff, yet their stats does not update.

Skiz
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM

If you want it to not disable quality members then you wouldnt have a need for it anyways would you? Since it would still not work in your favor so to speak.

Sure I would. :blink:

Though if it would only disable those that cheat, that would be great. Far too many people have fallen victim to that shit script.

satysh36
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
i had to get my account revoked by the admins twice cause the script kicked me..

TheFoX
10-29-2007, 03:20 PM

I never wrote it to disable members in the first place. It was written alongside another little tool, and what it did was to monitor upload against the swarm size, as well as some dodgy client checks, and make a report into a custom forum area.

The idea is that this is classed as an alert, which would allow a staff member to investigate.

Sometimes an alert doesn't indicate that the member is cheating, but actually indicates that a ghost member is cheating (connected members appear to be seeding someone who is not there).

The data obtained from a cheat alert needs to be compared with other data, such as a live peer exchange, to determine if someone is really cheating.

Of course, there are instances where cheating is definitely happening, such as when someone uploads 1PB in 13 seconds, but the majority of alerts are minimal threshold breaches.

The code was never meant to be hooked up to a disablement system, but then if someone wants to pervert the code, who am I to stop them.

Anti cheat was, and still is, considered an aid, and nothing more.

Melvinmeow
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM

I never wrote it to disable members in the first place. It was written alongside another little tool, and what it did was to monitor upload against the swarm size, as well as some dodgy client checks, and make a report into a custom forum area.

The idea is that this is classed as an alert, which would allow a staff member to investigate.

Sometimes an alert doesn't indicate that the member is cheating, but actually indicates that a ghost member is cheating (connected members appear to be seeding someone who is not there).

The data obtained from a cheat alert needs to be compared with other data, such as a live peer exchange, to determine if someone is really cheating.

Of course, there are instances where cheating is definitely happening, such as when someone uploads 1PB in 13 seconds, but the majority of alerts are minimal threshold breaches.

The code was never meant to be hooked up to a disablement system, but then if someone wants to pervert the code, who am I to stop them.

Anti cheat was, and still is, considered an aid, and nothing more.

Excellent point and I agree with what you said. You should never 100% rely on scripts like that, they are just hints as to who MAY be doing something wrong. Auto disabling leaves room for many errors where just watching the people flagged proves more effective.

Skiz
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
The problem is was their blind faith in it.

Jaits
12-16-2007, 04:50 PM
oink didnt auto-disable accounts (except in 1 condition which is 100% a cheat)

all the banning was done manually (mostly by tmt) based on various parameters that i wont get into...

they did have a mistake in their script that misclassified some proper clients as cheater clients, but that only occured on specific conditions (which i cant get into without revealing the cheating detetction method).. they were not aware of the mistake which is y it was never fixed.

i do agree though that they had too much trust in their scripts (and i m not referring to just the anti-cheating system)...

Rumblin
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
There cheat scripts are actually good, its just their staff thats just a bit....ehk

pone44
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
lol:lol:...a cheating client made perfect? Fox- U invented?

fstokebanget
12-16-2007, 06:40 PM
There cheat scripts are actually good, its just their staff thats just a bit....ehk

I don't agree with you, oink is a really strict tracker, but actually I really like oink staffs, I lost my account once, but the staff helped me got back my account

Saroman
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Why dig out old threads :frusty:

Rumblin
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Didn't, pone44 did....@fstoke everyone has their own opinions with oink, that just happens to be mine, I'm glad they helped you out wiht your account

masterbat
12-16-2007, 06:54 PM

yea why ? :rolleyes:

spark
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM

wtf is your problem c**t ?

:blink: Was this necessary?

masterbat
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
yea why :rolleyes: ?

he is a stupid cunt

:O