PDA

View Full Version : fsc users...

HighRoller99
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
is it just me or does fsc take forever to load?

dudave
10-27-2007, 08:08 PM
+1

ROFL-LOL
10-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Same with me.

TheFoX
10-27-2007, 08:22 PM
There's a lot of lag at the moment in the region, and not just the data center.

nikmash232
10-27-2007, 08:45 PM
yup...its slow...dunno why...its worth the wait though :D

ibnahmed
10-27-2007, 09:01 PM
i am still using secure connection https
is it still that way?

CIGARO
10-27-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah it does take longer to load then most sites, but i dont see it as a problem. The design is fantastic.

_coder_
10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
yeh its abit slow but not too much lag

ghurka
10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I would accept the slowness for the added security any day.

Melvinmeow
10-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Its been slow for me for about the last year or so...
TBH its not all that slow but say it takes 2 seconds to load a page on any other site it takes me about 15 - 25 on theirs. But not a big issue at all. I always wondered if it was maybe the location the server is in and not really the theme/plugins itself overloading the server.

TheFoX
10-27-2007, 11:17 PM
The only time the server gets overloaded is when some kiddie attempts to knock us off, which does happen from time to time.

On the whole, server load is around 0.40, which is way within limits, with a CPU load of around 25%.

What your experiencing is called lag. It is when the bandwidth is not enough to cater for all traffic to and from the datacenter, or even region/backbone. This can happen in some countries.

Also, it only takes one piece of hardware to overheat, and many servers become snookered from the outside world.

The best servers money can buy are hosted in the EU or the US, but to be honest, you would have to be completely simple to want to host in the US, and the EU is not far behind with draconian laws to prevent people from sharing.

'Hey! Melvin. Do you want a sweety???'

ATTENTION::: Sharing your sweets is a criminal offence. When you purchased that packet of sweets, it was under the understanding that they were for your own personal consumption. The license agreement clearly states that these sweets are not for public consumption, so STOP sharing them!!!

nihility
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
sweets*

aysomc
10-28-2007, 03:00 AM
yea it seems a little slower then most other sites for me but not enough to where i would complain or anything, and especially not since i like the site so much other then the little delay.

patto75
10-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Yes for me aswell.:( Hopefully it will go back to normal.

Melvinmeow
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
The only time the server gets overloaded is when some kiddie attempts to knock us off, which does happen from time to time.

On the whole, server load is around 0.40, which is way within limits, with a CPU load of around 25%.

What your experiencing is called lag. It is when the bandwidth is not enough to cater for all traffic to and from the datacenter, or even region/backbone. This can happen in some countries.

Also, it only takes one piece of hardware to overheat, and many servers become snookered from the outside world.

The best servers money can buy are hosted in the EU or the US, but to be honest, you would have to be completely simple to want to host in the US, and the EU is not far behind with draconian laws to prevent people from sharing.

'Hey! Melvin. Do you want a sweety???'

ATTENTION::: Sharing your sweets is a criminal offence. When you purchased that packet of sweets, it was under the understanding that they were for your own personal consumption. The license agreement clearly states that these sweets are not for public consumption, so STOP sharing them!!!

Hehehe your asking me if I want a sweety or attempting to share 1 with me?

Nestea
10-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Same here. :(

nihility
10-28-2007, 01:52 PM
unfortunately i dont have fsc so i cant be part of this conversation :(
maybe one day

dragos
10-28-2007, 03:14 PM
unfortunately i dont have fsc so i cant be part of this conversation :(
maybe one day

FSC comes to you if you qualify to be a member ,you don't even need to ask for it ;)

the site runs very smooth for me at the moment

beat
10-28-2007, 03:20 PM
It always ran slow for me but I don't really care, I'm a tolerant guy I can wait for a few seconds without freaking out :D

RainRoofer
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
It's slow since they transfered to ssl, and last couple of days it's pain in the ass to load page.

dragos
10-28-2007, 03:26 PM
It's slow since they transfered to ssl, and last couple of days it's pain in the ass to load page.

it didn't load at all for me yesterday and today until now. It actually feels a bit faster than ussual at this moment :unsure: