PDA

View Full Version : halal

Spider_dude
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
i had a halal chicken burger last night, was pretty tasty, can someone (preferably a muslim) explain to me what the difference is. thanks.

100%
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Meat from an animal who had it's throat cut, untill all the blood has leaked out
2. not pork
(i am not a muslim sorry)

GepperRankins
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
they pwn the chicken like an american contractor

Skweeky
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
It's basically 'clean' meat.
Like gripper said; it was slaughtered in a traditional way

Something Else
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
I dunno about 'clean'. Most of the kebab shops around here have 'halal meat' but they don't look very clean to me :dabs:

Spider_dude
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
and they said prayers for it or something while they killed it. i believe.

100%
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
An interesting ritual none the less.

Spider_dude
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM
it was tasty.

blackbird
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.chicken.ca/DefaultSite/index.aspx?ArticleID=1126〈=en-CA (http://www.chicken.ca/DefaultSite/index.aspx?ArticleID=1126&lang=en-CA)

Jiggles
10-28-2007, 06:10 PM
my favorite sandwich is halal bacon, nice :w00t:

Alien5
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
pork is banned in halal restaurants

Jiggles
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
pork is banned in halal restaurants

no its not, your saying it like they had it then it got banned

it doesnt exist in halal restaurants nervermind banned.:lol:

edit- quick edit Alien5

Alien5
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
slaughter a pig in the restaurant then and see if its banned or not :dabs:

Jiggles
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
slaughter a pig in the restaurant then and see if its banned or not :dabs:

why would you want to do that? huh? why? :cry:

Mr JP Fugley
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM
I've said it before, a bacon bagel is just culinary sarcasm.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
IT's funny i can not sloughter an animal in my back garden for christmas because i face anything upto two years in prison for the cull of a duck or goose but this is ok in the law to cut an animals throat drain the blood while it is screaming away halal people say the animal does not suffer yadayada which i find is very Disturbing and sick

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
IT's funny i can not sloughter an animal in my back garden for christmas because i face anything upto two years in prison for the cull of a duck or goose but this is ok in the law to cut an animals throat drain the blood while it is screaming away halal people say the animal does not suffer yadayada which i find is very Disturbing and sick

religions including Islam do not have to abide by logic or reasoning, so theres not point in comparing general rules/laws to religious ones.

in my opinion religions are constructed so precisely and systematically, yet are based on belief and not fact. a paradox it seems.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-29-2007, 02:48 AM

Yeah like this they believe it's pure or sumfin like that...

So why don't they just bless a pig and eat it...

They have to read "the sourate of the pig"...

Every animal that is in this world has been made by God,
(except animals from laboratories :P )so why can't they just
some good Salami or Mortadella or some roasted pig...:naughty:

halal-pig.blogspot.com

http://i23.tinypic.com/ej7iiv.jpg

http://i20.tinypic.com/xax5hw.jpg

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 02:52 AM

Yeah like this they believe it's pure or sumfin like that...

So why don't they just bless a pig and eat it...

They have to read "the sourate of the pig"...

Every animal that is in this world has been made by God,
(except animals from laboratories :P )so why can't they just
some good Salami or Mortadella or some roasted pig...:naughty:

http://i23.tinypic.com/ej7iiv.jpg

http://i20.tinypic.com/xax5hw.jpg

dont you think its inappropriate to post pics of pork in a halal thread? anyways im quoting it, yum yum :D

i just hope its halal :P

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 03:20 AM

religions including Islam do not have to abide by logic or reasoning, so theres not point in comparing general rules/laws to religious ones.

in my opinion religions are constructed so precisely and systematically, yet are based on belief and not fact. a paradox it seems.

So This then means that gourverments give more power to people who are religous and less to those who are not kind of like one for rich one for the poor those people comeing from eastern coutrys do not have to follow the same laws as the people that grew up in the west so if i were to suddenly turn into one of these religous groups that fit the critera i could then kill an animal in this manner .

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 03:36 AM

So This then means that gourverments give more power to people who are religous and less to those who are not kind of like one for rich one for the poor those people comeing from eastern coutrys do not have to follow the same laws as the people that grew up in the west so if i were to suddenly turn into one of these religous groups that fit the critera i could then kill an animal in this manner . I could give you endless examples and argue this for ages but i will stop here before i explode and get myself banned

i exploded reading that, but seriously, the government has to accommodate a few laws for its religious citizens, i think your exaggerating it. in daily life, if you compare yourself to a more religious person there is not much "power" he has/she over you. i dont think there are many significant laws for religious people. name a few because im not familiar with any.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 04:11 AM
I would have to study and get my papers signed to be able to sloughter an animal in a proper way as we do in western countrys we do not slit the throut of an animal i find it discusting

a person who follows the laws of an ideology or theory can do different many many people here would be be discusted when they know there are alternatives to cull which are more humane

As i said i would get upto two years in prison for killing a duck for christmess if i do not have the proper documents showing that i know how to slougter an animal in a proper way so the animal does not suffer or the way it is done here otherwise i could go outside in my own private garden and do the same

Now how is that exsagerating?

a licensed Muslim slaughterer would slaughter in a
licensed slaughterhouse and
in the presence or supervision of a Veterinary Official

You tell me how many different ways there is to slit the throat of an aniaml these laws were only brought in and changed in 1995 the original act did not contain anything so the brought the law in to make the religous crowd happy when the majority of people here completely oppose this method totally.

Also i would like to point out you can't smile in any passport picture but a woman was allowd a british passport with her face totally covered What does this tell you? laws a waved time upon time this is not to say it's just a one off if you would like to read the story ask me and i will post you the news site.

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 05:10 AM
what your talking about is animal cruelty laws, they are enforced on everyone.

as for slitting throats, here in the UK, they do that after they have killed the cows using a shock gun thing to the head, it drains the blood out to ensure the animal is dead, it is standard practise.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 05:40 AM
No my friend these are laws set by the animal foods industry people they set the laws on how to put an animal out of it's misery before it can be eaten.

Animal cruelty is a totaly different matter it's quite obvious that some laws will come into the same act but it is a seperate act

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 06:02 AM
going back to your problem regarding slaughtering animals in your garden,

it is illegal for logical reasons- such as hygenic issues, animal cruelty and safety issues.

all these are very important im sure you'll agree, i personally think this is a good law.

lets say others weren't as intelligent and skillful with the knife as you, they will be putting themselves and others in danger for a number of reasons thus the law being enforced. if you have a licensed premises to slaughter animals then it is ok for you to slaughter animals as you have proven you have the knowlege and suitable equipment to do so.

i think this is a good law. remember everyone may not be like you.

the laws on halal slaughtering and on other religions are non arguable, the goverment has to accommadate religious pratices.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
That's my point people in western countrys have allways seen this as inhumane and the MAJORITY of people don't like the idea it is also a new law which speaks for ittself before gourverments and people were against any sort of slougter of this kind but just to make religous groups happy it was brought in hense the word majoirty again .

So why can't i kill a duck in a more humane way?

The laws change when serveing food to people. the two years still stands wheather or not you are alone eating the food or not so this is illrelevent when it comes to hygeine if you want to posion yourself would i need permission first. so is crulelty due to the fact any idiot can use a knife to kill an animal it does not take much skill it's crule either way skilled or not the only difference is the skilled person can make a clean cut and know how to put the animal to rest so it can't move around as much also knowing which part of the animal to cut first so it does not suffer as much but it still does compared to a single 7.62C bullet fired stright into the brain some places use this method on pigs no all just some i have witnessed the event on a farm and i must say it's more humane than a knife . safety is a grey area which i will leave alone as there is no point in debateing that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2977086.stm

Jiggles
10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
you lost me there mate.

anyway, we have posted our views, now its time for you to make a petition:P. why dont you get your butcher to do the dirty work for you, its better than going through countless papers or serving a prison sentance :P

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Fair enough

BawA
10-29-2007, 01:18 PM
an animal(allowed ones) is only allowed to be eaten if they are cut from neck before they die, like if an animal is dead and then you want to cut it it wont be halal, because if its dead usually you wont know what was the reason, it can be diseased.