PDA

View Full Version : It's official.

MediaSlayer
10-29-2007, 01:03 AM
"Football" has arrived in the U.K. :stuart:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3609/footballxm2.jpg

there's not much left for you to get, now that you've got that. but i hear this thing called "the wheel" is coming too. should be orsum.

snowultra
10-29-2007, 03:15 AM
lol, the wheel is coming

Barbarossa
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
:dabs:

bigboab
10-29-2007, 10:58 AM
"Football" has arrived in the U.K. :stuart:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3609/footballxm2.jpg

there's not much left for you to get, now that you've got that. but i hear this thing called "the wheel" is coming too. should be orsum.

When in Rome, etc. It is a form of rugby. Definitely not football when it is in Europe.:)

Snee
10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Merkins, lol.

They bring you rugby with armour and think that's progress.

but i hear this thing called "the wheel" is coming too. should be orsum.
:lol: @ not with.

Cheese
10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Didn't the merkins have some games here in the 80's, never really caught on though. We have two codes of rugby and the proper football to keep us interested, I suppose the kiddies might like it though as people in lots of padded armour must seem pretty "cool".

Barbarossa
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I remember that too.

Whatever next - Rounders at Lords? :unsure:

Cheese
10-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I remember that too.

Whatever next - Rounders at Lords? :unsure:

:lol:

That would be sooo wrong.

Netball at Wimbledon?

BawA
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
bratz say goodbye to good old FOOTBALL and say hi to HANDBALL.

bigboab
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
It will never catch on. We can't have a World Series that includes the rest of the World, or is that Baseball?:wacko:

Snee
10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
It will never catch on. We can't have a World Series that includes the rest of the World, or is that Baseball?:wacko:

The baseball world series excludes the rest of the world, does it not? :unsure:

MediaSlayer
10-30-2007, 01:56 AM
When in Rome, etc. It is a form of rugby. Definitely not football when it is in Europe.:)

Thanks for the tip, but I was aware of what football is. Notice the quotation marks, in my original post. Too bad you couldn't see, nor the 'tards that followed in your footsteps, that I was taking the piss at America and their version of "football".

In real life, when I am not around my American friends, I say football to mean football and American football to mean American football.

fuck sake why u dongs have to make me write so much. just agree damnit

RPerry
10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
my only complaint would be who's idea it was to send 2 second rate teams. I would have thought it better to send maybe the patriots and the colts :huh:

bigboab
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the tip, but I was aware of what football is. Notice the quotation marks, in my original post. Too bad you couldn't see, nor the 'tards that followed in your footsteps, that I was taking the piss at America and their version of "football".

In real life, when I am not around my American friends, I say football to mean football and American football to mean American football.

fuck sake why u dongs have to make me write so much. just agree damnit

This is the Lounge. Anything goes.:)

Wee touch of the 'Billies' there.:) Is it starting to get hot down under?:rolleyes:

Biggles
10-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I watched a bit of it but it is hard to get into. I can see that it is all tactical like but 30 seconds of play followed by 2 minutes of faffing around is kind of dull. I like the up and at em of Rugby myself.

I thought new Wembly had a roof like the Millenium Stadium in Welsh Wales - was I mistaken? If there isn't a roof why did it take so long to build?

Barbarossa
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I thought new Wembly had a roof like the Millenium Stadium in Welsh Wales - was I mistaken? If there isn't a roof why did it take so long to build?

The roof only extends as far as the pitch, not actually over the pitch itself :frusty:

It retracts back further to allow more "weather" in to keep the pitch in a "healthy" condition.

I suspect they'll still need to re-lay it every 3 months or something though :idunno:

It took so long to build because it was built by Australians.

bigboab
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM

The roof only extends as far as the pitch, not actually over the pitch itself :frusty:

It retracts back further to allow more "weather" in to keep the pitch in a "healthy" condition.

I suspect they'll still need to re-lay it every 3 months or something though :idunno:

:fear:

Biggles
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM

I thought the early attempts looked upside down - that explains it then.

Barbarossa
10-30-2007, 11:46 AM
It's styled on an enormous picnic basket :wacko: