PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV seeding questiong

AkaiDoresu
10-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm just wondering how you guys seed at BMTV to get VIP rank if there are no releases that are divided in .rar files.

It means you need to download full epizodes (or parts of a whole pack, which are usally 300-600mb). In order to get a VIP you must UL 100GB and have ratio 3.05 and above. My upload speed right now is about 30kb/s and donload 150kb/s. It is hard to maintain a ratio of 1.05.

Is it possible to fulfill such requirements? Do you necessarily need a seedbox? What are your ways of doing that ?

game1283
10-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm just wondering how you guys seed if there are no releases that are divided in .rar files. you can still partial seed individual files..

but partial seeding individual files will cost your HDD the whole file..

AkaiDoresu
10-29-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm just wondering how you guys seed if there are no releases that are divided in .rar files. you can still partial seed individual files..

but partial seeding individual files will cost your HDD the whole file..

Well yea, but if you have 20 .rar files people download them all at once and the completion of each of them grows equally. If you have one file you cannot download the end of it and start seeding, like in rars when you just check few last files, and basically people already have what you are trying to seed when it comes to seeding single file since everybody leeches from beginning to end.

Bo0ddha
10-29-2007, 03:14 AM
The way torrents work is it splits the files into chunks. You can then grab different chunks from different people. So when you only dl 30% of a file and seed that 30% you are seeding those chunks of the file. The torrent program then pieces it back together for 1 complete file.

ibnahmed
10-29-2007, 03:32 AM
even with a seedbox it is difficult

best advice, stay with your computer late on tuseday/wednesday night and download prison break, heroes and those popular stuff that gets 1000 snatches and buy u a hard drive that is gonna help u seeding
my home connection is 1.5MB/80kb but i didnt think of seeding bitmetv from here

another hint, dont hit the torrents that people use seedboxes with
hit those uploaded by people with slow upload speeds then u are gonna upload well
the problem is, u cant know the upload speed of the uploader unless u are a VIP. lol

sorry mate and good luck.

misledhope
10-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Season packs are wonderful. With 3 or 4 season packs i get an almost constant 50k up, its all about patience these things take time.

shazzar
10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
You need to be very patient and spend alot of time compared to other trackers. Easiest way is to be amongst the ist to download and only download part of the torrent. Its becomes easier with popular torrents and packs. Dont even bother downloading old packs or torrents over an hour old even if it seems alot of seeders as you find you be at competition with people with seedbox and hardly seed anything.

psxcite
10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Yep. I sit by the computer around 8 or 9 and when the knew stuff hits I jump right on it immediately.

Another great suggestion is to grab all the new stuff off usenet. It gets upped within an hour of hitting Bitmetv usually. Unrar it and seed it to the site. That has helped me alot.