PDA

View Full Version : What.cd [public apology & hatard note]

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 03:16 AM
first of all, this is a public apology to all the 25 users that i invited over there. Since my account got disabled for inviting people over here...my whole invite tree has been disabled. Sorry guys :cry:

i tried to get more invites and it all started there :(

i did what i could, i pm'ed 2-3 mods (who were online) but within a min i my account was disabled...before i had a reply.

i tried to get help from IRC but :(

[22:03] *** now talking in #help
[22:03] *** topic is If you need help, just mention the name of any staff in this room
[22:03] *** set by Noah on Sun Oct 28 16:37:10 2007
[22:03] *** Bitient sets channel #help mode +v Squirr3l
[22:03] *** channel #help mode is +mnt
[22:03] *** channel created at Mon Oct 15 15:03:45 2007
[22:03] <+Squirr3l> hi
[22:03] <+misledhope> ok well i was wondering if my entry on FLS can be editted
[22:03] <+What> Hi, Squirr3l
[22:03] <+misledhope> to include windows and general support
[22:03] <+Squirr3l> why did i get disabled?
[22:03] <+What> You were disabled because you posted invites on filesharingtalk.
[22:03] <+Squirr3l> i just invited people over there
[22:03] <+misledhope> rather than just uT
[22:03] <+What> Your entire invite tree has been disabled.
[22:03] <+Squirr3l> ohh fuck
[22:04] <+Squirr3l> come on at least don't ban them
[22:04] <+What> Three different people reported you.
[22:05] <+misledhope> What.. are you the person to forward that request to now? or to whom with noah no longer in charge?
[22:05] <~Noah> I'm not here anymore
[22:05] <+What> Yes, you may forward your request to me. What is it?
[22:05] *** Noah ([email protected]) left ()
[22:05] <+Squirr3l> can u unban me please
[22:05] <+Squirr3l> at least my invitees
[22:06] *** DavidLeeRoth changed nick to MikaelAkerfeldt
[22:06] <+misledhope> i was made FLS , but it says utorrent but i can offer Win Xp/ Vista uTorrent and General support :D just thought those should be added
[22:06] <+What> We currently have no way of disabling invites - just accounts.
[22:06] <+misledhope> thats the request can you edit it or get someone with access to ?
[22:07] <+Squirr3l> can u not diable people whom i invited.
[22:07] <+Squirr3l> most of them are good guys...better than me at least
[22:07] *** bklynone ([email protected]) joined
[22:07] *** Bitient sets channel #help mode +v bklynone
[22:07] *** bklynone quit (Quit: bklynone)
[22:08] <+dblaze> Squirr3l: i'm pretty sure that's gonna be a no. don't waste your time
[22:08] <+What> :) thanks, dblaze
[22:09] <+misledhope> that a yes to me what ? :) and why did noah step down. just to be hidden?
[22:09] *** brtkrbzhnv quit (Quit: Leaving)

i hope you don't hate me for ruining it :(

and with that, it's a also a hatard note for the lamer here at FST who spyed me over here and reported. it had been a long time i hadn't been pissed off in bittorrent...but now :angry:

P.S. if you forgive please post, i am mad at myself ;( If not, still post...i perhaps can improve myself.

EDIT: pretty much these are the people i owe apology and few who PM'ed me. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-25-invites-whatcd-music-tracker-244644...
not all them were invited though.

thejosher
10-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Um I like what.cd but that was pretty lame.

There were no guidelines on how to give out your invites other than don't sell them, and if you invite a cheater you'll lose your invites. They can't say you were breaking any rules.

If the staff are gonna ban users for unspoken rules that's not something I want to be a part of.

I completely understand if they don't want their invites given out on a public forum but this is something you should say FIRST and not after it's already been done then ban them for breaking a rule that doesn't exist!

That's just stupid.

misledhope
10-29-2007, 03:32 AM
shame about your account and invites bud.. Guess giving out invites like they are candy is a bad idea though.
Don't know who was watching you here but its a warning to others Give your invites to those you know and trust and don't just advertise to give them away and get rep points. Signups closed at 1500 people for a reason.
Had just replied to your pm on site before hitting the irc chan too.

iMartin
10-29-2007, 03:34 AM
I completely understand if they don't want their invites given out on a public forum but this is something you should say FIRST and not after it's already been done then ban them for breaking a rule that doesn't exist!

That's just stupid.

Hear Hear. Definitely just knocked a notch lower on my respect scale. :dabs:

Grind$oFine
10-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Yeah that is ridiculous, especially after only a couple days, to be this strict...
People complained about OiNK being ban-happy, and OiNK didn't go this far with anything.
I'm giving second thought to this tracker... if they continue on like this, the many members that are giving them edge over the other music sites are gonna be gone, and there wont me much left to it..

squirr3l, I don't think you should be apologizing, you didn't do anything wrong..

fOrUmAs
10-29-2007, 03:38 AM
I think he was not banned because of invited,it was becasue of he invited 25 users it short time and he asked for more i forum..and for some users there in forum it was strange and reported him to the staff.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 03:40 AM
shame about your account and invites bud.. Guess giving out invites like they are candy is a bad idea though.
Don't know who was watching you here but its a warning to others Give your invites to those you know and trust and don't just advertise to give them away and get rep points. Signups closed at 1500 people for a reason.
Had just replied to your pm on site before hitting the irc chan too.

i posted the link of the original giveaway thread. most of them are well known members here...and that makes me more shameful. btw, the guy who spyed can be found on the thread in their forum.

@thejosher and grim thanks for ur input.

I think he was not banned because of invited,it was becasue of he invited 25 users it short time and he asked for more i forum..and for some users there in forum it was strange and reported him to the staff.

pretty much yes, but y would they hand out 25 invites if i am not supposed to use them? as for the "short time".. i think have been here long enough to know whom to trust and whom not to...and i did not invite every user who asked for an invite.

and they would ban the whole invite tree without checking in here?

thejosher
10-29-2007, 03:41 AM

I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

That makes no sense? :frusty:

xJohnxSmithx
10-29-2007, 03:41 AM
OMG, don't worry about it squirr3l. What are ya going to do...

redcorvette
10-29-2007, 03:43 AM
lmao..they have an entire forum thread over this fight...its pretty funny if you ask me...just because three different people reported him doesnt mean he's done something bad...from that i can assume taht the staff cant make their own decisions.

and also, if my above statements are false...how come there is no special rule for inviting people? just cuz its FST doesnt mean its lame...lol....i got some of the invites to high level trackers from here...

lmao and j0hnd0e is also watching this thread :lol:

fook3d
10-29-2007, 03:51 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about it.

In my opinion, You did nothing wrong, Simply used the resources they gave you. The fact they allowed people to openly give them out in the IRC to any old random person makes this worse because at least here, We have backlogs of previous posts to check through about a person as well as their standing in the community.

Its not so bad though, They are only screwing themselves in the long run.

The more people they piss off, The more likely they are to fall because the hate they create towards the tracker will backfire one day and then the owner will hopefully be saying hello to bubba while picking up the soap on a rope and stuff ;)

fOrUmAs
10-29-2007, 03:52 AM

I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

i agree with u,but only different from u was that he open new topic asking more invite,he could just pm some of the staff and ask for more,but not open new topic abouth that.after oink is down people are been paranoid abouth that he invited so many people in short time,and for someone the main reasone why is oink down because of invite system..

@redcorvette agree :)

@squirr3l a also hopeing that u will find that who reported u there if he is from this forum. ahh i cant get there in invite section yet..tell as later what is going on there.

and if your ip is not banned than u still can get there.

Roark
10-29-2007, 03:54 AM
better to recognize this authoritarian streak of stupidity now and avoid them, rather than be stuck with them later.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 03:55 AM
lmao and j0hnd0e is also watching this thread :lol:

yes him

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/j0hnd0e-178534

@squirr3l a also hopeing that u will find that who reported u there if he is from this forum. ahh i cant get there in invite section yet..tell as later what is going on there.

and if your ip is not banned than u still can get there.

check above link for the user.

btw, by inviting 25 users within 1 hrs i didn't break any rules but by sneaking in i would.

iMartin
10-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Perhaps the ban-happy style has something to do with an admin being 14 years old? :mellow: No joke.

Hmm, nvm?

∼ Give a hearty goodbye to our admin ∼ posted on Oct-29-07 by What

Noah, one of our admins, has decided to leave what.cd for privacy reasons. We couldn't have made this site without him, and running it is going to be a hell of a lot harder now that he's gone.

We are working on getting a replacement admin in here, but it isn't going to be easy. For the time being, just bear with us and try not to hammer us with feature requests.

We wish you the best of luck Noah, wherever you are.

SgtMajor
10-29-2007, 04:04 AM
As much as I vehemently disagree with the way you have been treated, I also have to point out that asking for more invites having given out just 25 in less than an hour for a single tracker was also foolhardy.

fOrUmAs
10-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Perhaps the ban-happy style has something to do with an admin being 14 years old? :mellow: No joke.

Hmm, nvm?

∼ Give a hearty goodbye to our admin ∼ posted on Oct-29-07 by What

Noah, one of our admins, has decided to leave what.cd for privacy reasons. We couldn't have made this site without him, and running it is going to be a hell of a lot harder now that he's gone.

We are working on getting a replacement admin in here, but it isn't going to be easy. For the time being, just bear with us and try not to hammer us with feature requests.

We wish you the best of luck Noah, wherever you are.

there is already topic abouth goodbye to Noah, if he was the kid then what abouth other staff there( kindergarten):O

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
As much as I vehemently disagree with the way you have been treated, I also have to point out that asking for more invites having given out just 25 in less than an hour for a single tracker was also foolhardy.

i agree i am dumb. but no second chance? they could have taken away my invite privileges or banned me at most...y ban whole invite tree? that creates a bad will for me in here...i already have ~ 5 pm's of people i invited about disabled accout...only one of them have actually forgiven so far :(

P.S. i am off to sleep. Good Night or Day!

ibnahmed
10-29-2007, 04:24 AM
so sorry for u, maybe they should be strict but not from the beginning.

McLovin
10-29-2007, 04:43 AM
I was one who got disabled.

I don't find myself rejoining after that bullshit.. they basically disabled you for giving out invites. why even have invites if they're going to do that?

fook3d
10-29-2007, 04:45 AM
squirr3l,
Why dont you:

Email the site owner?
Give him a call?
Visit him at home for cake and coffee?

You may become good friends (http://whois.domaintools.com/incegmbh.com) :P

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Do i miss something?.... WTF is what? everybody is talking about it now...:D

game1283
10-29-2007, 04:50 AM
you just did the good thing Bro. :)

relleuM
10-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Banning squirr3l was lame. Why give us 25 invites each and then ban someone for giving them all alway. Theres nothing in the rules stating how we must give out invites.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 05:21 AM
I have never known any site to give away more than five for new users what do they exspect every user to know 25 trust worthy members on the internet that uses bit torrent i would see it as they gave you the immpresion the invites are to be handed out to anybody to build up there member stats and get the site going this is certainely the impresion i would have got with twentyfive invites and this is also why stmusic done the same i got twenty invites to invite people every invitee i invite i recieve 150 meg bonus well i used to but im unsure if this is the case now.

I am certain i don't know twenty five people online who use bittorrent let alone know them well enough to know they are not crooks or cheats

fOrUmAs
10-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Banning squirr3l was lame. Why give us 25 invites each and then ban someone for giving them all alway. Theres nothing in the rules stating how we must give out invites.

[quote=thejosher;2375158]

i agree with u,but only different from u was that he open new topic asking more invite,he could just pm some of the staff and ask for more,but not open new topic abouth that.after oink is down people are been paranoid abouth that he invited so many people in short time,and for someone the main reasone why is oink down because of invite system..

Mister Moo
10-29-2007, 05:24 AM
ha, its like the old asshole OiNK staff are back with different names, squirr3l (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/squirr3l-179360) dont worry its not hard for your invites to get invited back everyone has 25 invites. Unless you guys are IP banned.

sleepyy
10-29-2007, 05:32 AM
[quote=thejosher;2375158]

How do sites stay alive that do not require an invite just open registration stay alive then i have been a member of one which has been open for over two years and they even anounce in their irc channel what has been uploaded and people openly talking about what they are going to upload app music films dvdr the lot or don't the copy rights people care about sites such as this? or do they only want the more popular sites in question. 3000 torrents is quite a bit of copy written material

davidw89
10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
If this site goes to 100k users then maybe will be as good as oink..no private torrent site wil lbeat oink unless it has at least 100-150k users and strict quality control (and allows home loseless rip)

McLovin
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM
actually.. staff wasn't as bad as I first thought..

snootem: I was invited last night by a user that invited a slew of users on a forum, and you disabled him and his invite tree (which included me) .. I was already seeding and have a seedbox. Is there anyway you can reactive my account? I plan to keep seeding.
xorian done snootem
snootem thank you.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
actually.. staff wasn't as bad as I first thought..

snootem: I was invited last night by a user that invited a slew of users on a forum, and you disabled him and his invite tree (which included me) .. I was already seeding and have a seedbox. Is there anyway you can reactive my account? I plan to keep seeding.
xorian done snootem
snootem thank you.

good for u m8. i hope others get in that way as well :)

McLovin
10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
maybe since things have calmed down since last night (since you probably asked right after you were banned.) ..they might rethink.

you should try asking them again.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
i might go their this evening, once more.

jasperr
10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
well, it's my opinion that inviting that many people in such a short period of time isn't a smart thing to do, as it would attract any site operators attention. and then asking for more??

however, i'm in full agreement with the statements that if offering invites in a public forum isn't allowed it should be stated loud and clear!..
and the disabling of squirr3l's account and his entire invite tree was unjustified... they should have at least given him a warning first with an explination of the rules first!

anyways with the most recent events of oink getting shut down like it was, can we really blame them for taking such drastic actions?? but, ALL rules should be posted so all who register can know them.. BOTTEM LINE!

and as for the lame statement(s) about this site not being as good oink in less it reaches 100 to 150k users... ARE YOU INSANE!!!???? don't you guys think that such a huge user base is what attracted the authorities to oink in the first place??? DUH... some people just don't think...

anyways thems my thoughts on this.... and i wishh ya luck squirr3l with getting your account re-instated..

-CHEERS-

Trickology
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
why not do this why you stressing

1. get a new invite
2. unplug your router over night (get new IP)
3. use a different user name and password

your in

jasperr
10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
hmmmmmm........ sounds like you have some experience with that trickology... :(

Trickology
10-29-2007, 03:00 PM
hmmmmmm........ sounds like you have some experience with that trickology... :(

Not really i did it once at oink because i invited a cheater and lost my invites so closed that account and got a new one

jasperr
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
lol.......... i see, interesting.....

mrnobody
10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
man, OiNK mods were wayyyy better...they helped me with stuff!

[07:48] *** Now talking to KermtiDJ
[07:48] KermtiDJ is [email protected] Kermit
[07:48] KermtiDJ is a registered nick
[07:48] KermtiDJ on #KDJ @#help @#what.cd-invites @#what.cd
[07:48] KermtiDJ using irc.bitient.org Bitient IRC
[07:48] KermtiDJ is an IRC Operator
[07:48] KermtiDJ is available for help.
[07:48] KermtiDJ Developer
[07:48] KermtiDJ idle 0, signed on Tue Oct 30 06:08:16 2007
[07:48] <Squirr3l> hi
[07:48] <KermtiDJ> Are you the same?
[07:48] <Squirr3l> yes
[07:48] <KermtiDJ> What do you want
[07:48] <Squirr3l> possible unban?
[07:49] <KermtiDJ> Why?
[07:49] <Squirr3l> coz i dunno why i am banned for
[07:49] <KermtiDJ> Handing out invites on random furms
[07:49] <Squirr3l> coz 3 user reported me?
[07:49] <KermtiDJ> Forums^
[07:49] <Squirr3l> but i didn't see any restriction or any such rules stating not to do so
[07:50] <Squirr3l> there was no such rule when i distributed invites
[07:50] <KermtiDJ> You were handing them out, and something else I can't remember.
[07:50] <Squirr3l> now, can u ban me assusing i broke rules that don't even exist
[07:50] <KermtiDJ> I can ban you for your behavior.
[07:51] <Squirr3l> it was free invite
[07:51] <KermtiDJ> True, to be used responsibly.
[07:51] <Squirr3l> i did not trade or do anything
[07:51] Disconnected (2007-10-30 07:51:26)

[08:05] -irc.bitient.org- *** You are permanently banned from irc.bitient.org (Banned.) Email [email protected] for more information.
[08:05] ERROR Closing Link: Squirr3l[adsl-66-72-101-67.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net] (User is permanently banned (Banned.))

<permanent ban> 403 in web as well.

If they really think i can't get in i LOL them, but idk if i will even bother with that site. Waiting for OiNK to come back and beat the crap out of these copycats :D

Alien5
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/BooHoo-Baby.jpg

beat
10-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Word.
I have had no problems with What.cd admins so far and can only say good things about them.

optimus_prime
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
they are clueless, and their top uploaders are cheaters :) my friend pm-d me about it and i saw it with my own eyes :)

IceTee
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM

Word.
I have had no problems with What.cd admins so far and can only say good things about them.

+1

they are clueless, and their top uploaders are cheaters :) my friend pm-d me about it and i saw it with my own eyes :)

How's that?

jasperr
10-30-2007, 04:33 PM
lol.... squirr3l man, in your haste and distaste for whats happening to yourself in this scenario...... you need to watch what you post m8.... cause your ip is way exposed.... unless its a false ip??.. lmao..... anyways,..... i would just drop it m8.. your just digging your hole deeper as they obviously are not intrested in helpping you... only bet would be to let it boil over and in some time try again with getting an invite.. hopefully with a different ip, as they got your number now...

optimus_prime
10-30-2007, 04:36 PM
why shouldn't he, they encourage mass invite givaways in their irc channel. acting against fst so early in the game is big minus for what.cd.

Alien5
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
if what.cd had wanted to do a "mass invite givaway" they would have got one of their members to do it for them, anyone with half a brain cell can dole out invites here in the inbred section.

jasperr
10-30-2007, 04:48 PM
why shouldn't he, they encourage mass invite givaways in their irc channel. acting against fst so early in the game is big minus for what.cd.

ok, well then i stand corrected.. i didnt know about that..

and i agree O_P, fst has gotten a bad rep sure.... but there are lot of people here reading the forums for info and updates... so yes not a good idea for them.

edit..
edited my previous post

optimus_prime
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
if what.cd had wanted to do a "mass invite givaway" they would have got one of their members to do it for them, anyone with half a brain cell can dole out invites here in the inbred section.

what are you saying? wasn't squirr3l their member?

Alien5
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
back a few years ago, when midnight torrents opened, they were giving users the chance to become vip and have 100 gigs free if they could invite 100 people, i gave some out in fst and the rest to friends. the staff have to decide how they want the site to grow, they might have been wrong to ban squirr3l but i think he's made a fool of himself enough, i would have kept quiet about being banned for this, every site can see he's an awkward customer now :(

btw is this the first time he's been banned? the first time's always a bit of a shock.

blackbird
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
btw is this the first time he's been banned? the first time's always a bit of a shock.

nop .. not the first time .. :rolleyes:

Skiz
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4831/yawnyx7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Closed.