PDA

View Full Version : Need to contact SCC..

davidw89
10-29-2007, 05:40 AM
Seems like my account got banned for giving out invites over here.. i saw others doing it so why can't i share..anyway anyone know their IRC detail?

relleuM
10-29-2007, 05:45 AM
irc.s**********.org #scc-support

Necronomicon
10-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Server: irc.s.........s.org or 85.17.164.53 Ports: 6667 or 7000 if you wish to use SSL.

Skiz
10-29-2007, 05:49 AM
I just saw someone jump off a bridge, brb.

JA
10-29-2007, 06:08 AM
I just saw someone jump off a bridge, brb.
OMG Save bor!!!! Is he back!!?!?!!!!!

davidw89
10-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Iam in the channel..still waiting..
Can someone confirm does SCC allow you to give out invites as i wasn't trading.

Mike_007
10-29-2007, 06:34 AM
it is clear in the frontpage

Due to the unfortunate circumstances, we have decided to prioritize security more then ever. This means, that mentioning us in public is forbidden and talking about us is forbidden. Posting our address, site name or anything that may or may not indirectly reflect back to S********** is forbidden. Anyone breaking this rule will unfortunately be permanently banned from the site.

Also do not share, transfer, sell or trade your account. Your account is personal, if you don't want it, leave it. If you are found selling invites, you and all of your invitees will be banned.

you should think about how they cought you.
you invited a spy or s** admin, or.....?

spark
10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Seems like my account got banned for giving out invites over here.. i saw others doing it so why can't i share..anyway anyone know their IRC detail?

You do not need to contact anyone...

:wave:

davidw89
10-29-2007, 06:43 AM
wow i stop trading after that announcement yet i get banned...just went on their IRC ( ican post log if you want) but basically they arent going to re-enable my account despite this..
wont be giving out anymore invites to any forums over here anymore
sorry guys just not worth the risk anymore....i thought giving out invites was legal but i guess i was wrong

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
wow i stop trading after that announcement yet i get banned...just went on their IRC ( ican post log if you want) but basically they arent going to re-enable my account despite this..
sorry guys just not worth the risk anymore....i thought giving out invites was legal but i guess i was wrong

Yup that is the best thing you do...:) sorry for your lost.....

Or maybe you can invites someone you trust here by using a private message... no need to announce it.....Select members that really deserve the invite...

PhillyEagles
10-29-2007, 06:59 AM

Or maybe you can invites someone you trust here by using a private message... no need to announce it.....Select members that really deserve the invite...

mods can see your pms and if u haven't noticed, many of the different site staff are mods on this site, so they can see if ur trying to trade an acct and what not. So things aren't always safer that way in pm. Best is via aim, msn, or yahoo where its not visible by other people peeking in.

davidw89
10-29-2007, 07:02 AM
still i think it's unfair that i get banned even though adhered to the rule when they changed yet? (like i saw that announcement because i had 5 invites then only 2 invites and i stop giving them away) I am posting logs here to vent my frustration about the staff..nothing personally against them but man they are a BIAS group.
P.S. nothing was wrong with my ratio..i had uploaded a bit and downloaded none

davidw89>Anyone?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>are there any reasons you can think of?
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>mmm.....bacon double cheeseburger
<davidw89>yes i was giving out invites on filesharing talks
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>well, that's why
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>and it will NOT be re-enabled
<davidw89>why doe that constitute a ban? I did that on the basis that i was allowed?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>trading invites is NEVER allowed
<davidw89>trading is defined as when you swap invites, iam merely inviting people who have shown me good ratio proof and deserve to go on..
<davidw89>i did NOT trade
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>i'm pretty sure it says that in the invite
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>you are not allowed to publicly post invites
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>which is what you were doing
<davidw89>where?
<davidw89>i've seen others giving out invites..

<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>this is the same rules with almost every private tracker
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>if you get caught on forums giving out invites, you will be banned
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>no questions
<davidw89>well to be honest i thought this was allowed on filesharing talk it says you allowed to "give them away"
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>no exceptions
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>..to a trusted friend, not on a file sharing forum
<davidw89>iam not sure if that is correct because people have been giving away invites and its fine with some tracker as long as you are not trading

<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>with some trackers, yes
<davidw89>i know where your getting at but i i only invite people that showed me good proof
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>not this one..
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>but with most, including this one, no
<davidw89>ok i didn't realise..
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>it doesn't matter
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>these are the rules
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>and they are spelled out in great detail
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>if you don't read them, that's your own fault
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>2007-10-25 04:08
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>Due to the unfortunate circumstances, we have decided to prioritize security more then ever. This means, that mentioning us in public is forbidden and talking about us is forbidden. Posting our address, site name or anything that may or may not indirectly reflect back to S********** is forbidden. Anyone breaking this rule will unfortunately be permanently banned from the site.
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>Also do not share, transfer, sell or trade your account. Your account is personal, if you don't want it, leave it. If you are found selling invites, you and all of your invitees will be banned.
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>^^^^^
<davidw89>um i gave out my invitation prior to that announcement taking place
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>is that clear enough?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>these are different, new rules
<davidw89>i know..
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>the old ones still applied
<davidw89>yes?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>it's as simple as this, you gave out invites on a public forum, which is NOT allowed
<davidw89>I never gave out my account after the new rule so why was i banned?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>and never has been allowed
<davidw89>fair enough but i didn't know that..
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>well, you should have read the rules
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>anything else?
<davidw89>i did read the rule..
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>k, tnx bai now
<davidw89>Wait
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>for what?
<davidw89>you havent explained why i was banned after the announcement
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>yes i have
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>dude are you serious?
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>the announcement is moot in your case
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>your acct is going to get re-enabled
<davidw89>it's simple as this....the FAQ did not explicitly saw this until after the announcement..i did NOT give away any invites after i saw that announcement..so to be fair why was i banned?

<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>stop crying about, and dont do anything stupid on another private tracker
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>[15:39] <poedgirl> it's as simple as this, you gave out invites on a public forum, which is NOT allowed
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>[15:39] <poedgirl> and never has been allowed
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>isnt* going to get re-enabled
<davidw89> <V3n0m> your acct is going to get re-enabled :(
<V3n0m (irc://85.17.164.53/V3n0m,isnick)>[11:42pm] <@V3n0m> isnt* going to get re-enabled
<poedgirl (irc://85.17.164.53/poedgirl,isnick)>now if you don't need anything else, please leave or we will kick you out
<davidw89>second chance?
=-=Mode #scc-support (irc://85.17.164.53/%23scc-support) +b *!*chatzilla@*.dyn.iinet.net.au by V3n0m
=-=YOU (davidw89) have been booted from #scc-support (irc://85.17.164.53/%23scc-support) by V3n0m (Badges!?!? We don't need no stinkin badges!)

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 07:10 AM
mods can see your pms and if u haven't noticed, many of the different site staff are mods on this site, so they can see if ur trying to trade an acct and what not. So things aren't always safer that way in pm. Best is via aim, msn, or yahoo where its not visible by other people peeking in.

I am not saying trading account..That's really breaking their rules no matter what you do...

Giving an invites to members that u know that can contribute to the site is ok... but do not announce it in public.....

tuning
10-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Their staff are dumbasses........they wont re-enable your account......

just get a new one..........

davidw89
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Their staff are dumbasses........they wont re-enable your account......

just get a new one..........

I don't want to cheat..that is the not the way i go about thing (now i dont even want to join that community no more). I am more pissed about the process by which the staff over at SCC handled this (and their attitude issues)..no consideration was taken..it was simple as you gave away invites therefore you should be banned (NOTE i did not trade). He even said that i didn't read the FAQ, when i clearly did (and there was no mention of NO giving away invites etc until the rule got changed like last week). Enough rant already, learnt my lesson, will consult stuff before giving away invites

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 07:49 AM
It is your decision... but you lose one great tracker....

if i were you i will try one more....Close this thread (" You are breaking another rule ") and PM Chalisto... maybe he can give you one more chance... Goodluck..

Skiz
10-29-2007, 08:04 AM

You're an idiot.

What in your 8 posts and one month of membership lets you believe you know anything about FST?

The are NO tracker staff members who are staff at FST. None.
FST mods do NOT and can NOT see or read your PMs.

I suggest you read this thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-r-u-xposed-read-me-226291/).

Until I determine your intentions here, your posts will be moderated.

fazzy07
10-29-2007, 09:18 AM
davidw89.. just dont waste your time and energy on this one mate
SCC staff is just bunch of nazis. I was one of their first bait for SCC for invite giveaway.They usually catch people here if you have similar nicks at both places. What they dont understand is usually traders and cheaters have different nicks for their trackers as well as fst. Thats how most of the other people get away with their trades here and having 999 accounts.
Well , i would be shattered if my ftn or TL and few other trackers I am part of gets disabled but when Charlisto gave the reason and link to my giveaway I just knew I didn't do much wrong. They ll just twist their rules to make it look what they did was correct.
Just remember if they have 100's of members we have 100's of choices of trackers. Just move on. You didn't do anything wrong. If you give 10/15/5 invites are we supposed to bake them in the oven. Its one of the most confused staff on trackers.
If you went to the forum of SCC ever you ll know how helpful their staff are.

davidw89
10-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah i had like 10 SCC invites..what was i meant to do with then?

I agree, why do honest people like me get banned whereas (being upfront about this) while heaps and heaps of people get away with it. Again, the system doesn't appear to be transparent (only until that announcement) and the staff justify banning people without considering the full context and external factors.

I have messaged Charlisto, lets hope some staff with a higher authority can put an end to this.

Sench
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
well the staff are not idiots,it was clearly written on the frontpage about the changes,and giving out/trading invites was not permitted here.

Daniel
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
SCC staff is just bunch of nazis. I was one of their first bait for SCC for invite giveaway.They usually catch people here if you have similar nicks at both places. [...] You didn't do anything wrong. If you give 10/15/5 invites are we supposed to bake them in the oven. Its one of the most confused staff on trackers.
Well, the staff's reasoning is correct though. I remember reading soon after they introduced invites that offering them in public places was not allowed. They've only gone into full hiding mode after the oink aftermath but that bit of privacy and rules was there before (why do you think their full name is a badword here?).

dashboardy
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah i had like 10 SCC invites..what was i meant to do with then?

I agree, why do honest people like me get banned whereas (being upfront about this) while heaps and heaps of people get away with it. Again, the system doesn't appear to be transparent (only until that announcement) and the staff justify banning people without considering the full context and external factors.

I have messaged Charlisto, lets hope some staff with a higher authority can put an end to this.

fact is you did what's considered a no-no on private trackers, and they are really bearing down on privacy - for good reason. With those 10 invites the staff were being extremely generous, and you were supposed to invite people you trust, or will be a good part of the site. Not leeches, not cheaters, but good, solid users who will contribute to the site. Getting 10 invites is not a calling to invite as many noobs as possible to the site - none of which you know. Good luck getting another invite now - the only people with invites now are those who have some history with the site.

respect the rules.

Polarbear
10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
SCC staff is just bunch of nazis.

godwin's law

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.html

tweakz
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM

You do not need to contact anyone...

:wave:

4 real spark...

dashboardy
10-29-2007, 07:30 PM

...but officer, I saw a bunch of other people rob another bank, I was just trying to share...

:P

Chalisto
10-29-2007, 07:33 PM
LOL. Those were our FLS members acting like big shots. I think I'll have to talk to them about that... :shifty:

But, as clearly stated. You will not ever ever ever get your account back. Sorry, thats life. :shutup:

Edit: Not to mention you hanged yourself when you made this topic. :)

davidw89
10-29-2007, 08:29 PM
LOL. Those were our FLS members acting like big shots. I think I'll have to talk to them about that... :shifty:

But, as clearly stated. You will not ever ever ever get your account back. Sorry, thats life. :shutup:

Edit: Not to mention you hanged yourself when you made this topic. :)

Again i am going to reiterate the fact that i did follow the rule after the announcement.

Sench
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
davidw89,i feel really sorry for your loss,but i remember Chalisto warning scc traders about the ban possibility earlier than the announcement...

DeVisual
10-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Okay, let me clear a thing or two up here...

1. You were NOT banned for trading invites/giving away or whatever... Even tho we dislike it, this wasn't the case in your particular case.

2. You were banned for advertising some other torrent site in our forums, you know what it is, and i am not gonna into more details on that.
Advertising other torrent sites is simply against our rules, so you did indeed get banned for a rule that is written directly in the rules page..

Hope this ban reason is more acceptable for you...