PDA

View Full Version : What's so good about RS?

silhoutte
10-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but how is rapidshare better than BT trackers?

JA
10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Only thing i can think of is no ratio and seeding...

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
1) No Need to seed
2) you download at max speed.

silhoutte
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
What about contents? Is it any better?

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM

Yes, you can get almost everything in rapidshare.

warez-bb.org is the top warez forum

Saroman
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Rapidshare is the best... i will say even better than torrents...

Because all the new stuff can be found on torrents..but for older stuff torrents are not useful...

Just recently i found a movie...that was never heard of but i was looking for it....on Rapidshare..

Actually Scenerealeases are only uploaded by Uploaders..but on Rapidshare even normal users do upload. so thier database is maximum...

I didnt have premium account back then..but since a year i do have..and its the best thing...

There are several forums which host the Rapidshare LINKS. i.e you get the info, u get the links, thats it..!!

Besides even pretimes are not so bad.. I have noticed that after any release on ScT, within 2-3min..That can be found on Rapidshare.. No bad for us to wait... :D

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
i've been premium user for teh past 1 year . its the best thing than torrents 4 sure :D

Saroman
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
IMO RS is better than ScT/FTN anytime... There is no substitute for Max speed and Content... I was just looking for certain print of World is not enough (007) movie.. found on some trackers..with almost no seeds..

but then through RS...am downloading it without hassles..

In case of personalised stuff like Place/Vault/AOM...That is relatively tougher to find because of rarity...

but for rest of things...Hands down RS is best..

besides i am unable to max out my connection through Torrents...

But through Rapidshare i juice out every bit of my speed ;)

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
IMO RS is better than ScT/FTN anytime... There is no substitute for Max speed and Content... I was just looking for certain print of World is not enough (007) movie.. found on some trackers..with almost no seeds..

but then through RS...am downloading it without hassles..

In case of personalised stuff like Place/Vault/AOM...That is relatively tougher to find because of rarity...

but for rest of things...Hands down RS is best..

besides i am unable to max out my connection through Torrents...

But through Rapidshare i juice out every bit of my speed ;)

agree... :yup:

$SnoopDo2G$
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Load of Content, Max speed, 6mill files + hosted...
Links uploaded rarely expired if uploaded with premium account,
Possibilty to host passworded files , possibilty to gain Premium points when people download your files and to exchange them with extension of Premium Account,On new year's eve you can exchange less points for more months...

And finally :

With 170 Gigabit/s of Internet connectivity and 4 Petabytes of storage, RapidShare is one of the biggest and fastest web hosters world wide.

JA
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Errr, i get 150KB/Sec on one RS link, if i allow more to run would i presumably get 1MB/sec? Since i get 1MB/Sec on 5-6 torrents running simultaneously..

Saroman
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Load of Content, Max speed, 6mill files + hosted...
Links uploaded rarely expired if uploaded with premium account,
Possibilty to host passworded files , possibilty to gain Premium points when people download your files and to exchange them with extension of Premium Account,On new year's eve you can exchange less points for more months...

And finally :

With 170 Gigabit/s of Internet connectivity and 4 Petabytes of storage, RapidShare is one of the biggest and fastest web hosters world wide.

Light Colors on Lighter Backgrounds puts heavy strain on eyes :01:

Errr, i get 150KB/Sec on one RS link, if i allow more to run would i presumably get 1MB/sec? Since i get 1MB/Sec on 5-6 torrents running simultaneously..

Well i dont have seedbox..

My connection is 2mbps..so my max download speed is 256Kbps. Well due to some overheads..it comes down to 240Kbps..If i am using torrents...no matter if its from ScT with 500 Seeders or from Mininova with 1000 Leechers.. I never cross 200Kbps..

But with RS i dont face any such problems..

Besides the best thing about RS is U have VARIETY...

like new print of Bourne Ultimatum was released a day back.. Now there are 3-4types of prints available ripped by various rippers..Some of which are 1 CD Rips and So are 2 CD Rips and Some are DVD-ISO etc..So u have options to choose..

And even in that there are different varieties.

like i know that certain aXXo and DIAMOND rips are better and all.. so this gives ur better quality.

Also as i mentioned RARITY.. Certain infamous movie which is not known to anyone but u have heard from ur friends that its a good one and u want it...where do u go :naughty:

Certainly not on torrents..:rolleyes: Because its only good for new stuff... Let one month pass and that will be either phased out or it will have no seeders. Who has time to keep seeding same torrent for a month ;)

blackbird
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
is it possible to get a premium account with the collectors account ? :D

$SnoopDo2G$
10-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Yes i think so, well i don't know if it's still like that, but it used to be like that, you had to collect points like 10000 then get one month premium extension to your collector account...

Saroman
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Yep its still there...;)

10K points and 1month extension

But 10K points me 10K downloads should be done of the files u upload..

BESIDES 10K downloads from FREE USERS and not premium users ;)

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM

ohh yes , i upload to collectors zone acc , when there are sufficient points i convert 10K points to 30 days prem acc :D

look at dis :D

http://i24.tinypic.com/in4rgw.jpg

blackbird
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
looks good .time to collect some points .. :D

$SnoopDo2G$
10-29-2007, 11:27 AM
ohh yes , i upload to collectors zone acc , when there are sufficient points i convert 10K points to 30 days prem acc :D

Yeah but i suggest your guys to keep your points untill new year and at midnight, get 1000 points for one month means
that if you have 10k points = 10 Months premium :D
i had this last year ;)

blackbird
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
thanks for the tip snoop .. :)

Saroman
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
^^^
That was only last year ;)

Nothing can be sure of this year..:P

Although as a safe bet even i have like 20K points :D

dawgeee
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Yeah but i suggest your guys to keep your points untill new year and at midnight, get 1000 points for one month means
that if you have 10k points = 10 Months premium :D
i had this last year ;)

that was last year when rapidshare.com was newly launched . i dont think even this year we will will get to see such offers :whistling

Saroman
10-29-2007, 02:22 PM
^^
oh yeah remembered that...because before that there was only RS.de ..so as a celebration that offer was there...:P

In that case no chance this year ;)

$SnoopDo2G$
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
^^
oh yeah remembered that...because before that there was only RS.de ..so as a celebration that offer was there...:P

In that case no chance this year ;)

You never know, maybe to thank the customers and because during the year they had few problems...

so Who knows...:unsure: :lol:
if they do, i 'll sell 5 accounts :D and extend my account for one year :P

Dotti
10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Rapidshare is the best thing that happened to me.Oh and Prison Break too ;)

silhoutte
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
hmm...Now give a reason, i shouldn't switch on to Rapidshare. Thanks guys!

kooftspc11
10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
you guys are all very correct. When combined with a download manager/acclerator you CANNOT beat rapidshare

download manager is the key

also....if you guys remember correctly, last new years eve they had a windows of time where u could convert 1k points into a month BUT you could not extend an account over 7 months. after that you could just make new accounts

r77
10-30-2007, 10:24 AM
if it was unlimited download i would say yes its very good,but 25 GB within five days is great joke for me

$SnoopDo2G$
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
if it was unlimited download i would say yes its very good,but 25 GB within five days is great joke for me

It used to be unlimited thou...you can download 25GB today and not download within 5 days or download 5 GB a day...
it all depends...and it's not that bad...depends on how much you download...

Saroman
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
so i have multiple accs ;)

yoyogi4
11-02-2007, 11:52 PM
pretty much if you know where to find the links you can find stuff very hard to find in torrents.

Matter of fact a lot of the "rare" stuff on demonoid is from private and public warez forums that have the latest rapidshare links.

AmpeD
11-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Yes, you can get almost everything in rapidshare.

warez-bb.org is the top warez forum
dont go there for community though, boring as hell. thats why I came here:drunk:

btw I got me an rs premium on points for 6 mo's and never use it

Saroman
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
^^
Nah even communities are good.. If u find some good buddies out there..

Discussions are extensive and it doesnt take time to make some good friends :D

awoeonip
11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm still not sold on RS. There have been multiple times where I've been able to find files on BT and not on RS.

Now maybe if someone can tell me where to find The Mole (US) Season 2 on RS, I'll be a convert....;)

Saroman
11-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Just out of curiosity..

is ur ID hyeok :P on some forum

necrosis
11-04-2007, 02:38 AM
NO ratio, NO seeding, Quick D/LS, no chance of being caught, direct links with no worrying if there are any seeds...the list goes on and on

tirthakrit
11-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Phew. Thanks Saroman, necrosis, and all u RS guys. Atleast some people agree that RS is the best, with its max speed, direct dwnlds , etc features. C'mon guys, people dont shell out 10 bucks a month, fr a premium acc, just fr nthing. Though I havent paid a cent till date fr my acc. :D
Like, Saroman rightly said, SCT/FTN will bite dust in front of warez-bb's collection alone, let alone forums like projectw, forumw and rest of the RS link sites/forums. No sooner does a movie gets 1-2 months old, none of the torrents evn in pvt trackers has a decent number of seeds.If u know the right places to search fr ur links, u will surely get it. All u people, get hold of a 1 mnth RS acc and u will know what it is.
@Saroman
I am also on the same ISP plan, that u are in Saroman. Is BSNL, if am not wrong. It gives me speeds of 230-240kb/sec, wich even TL and SCT cant give.

Saroman
11-04-2007, 09:57 AM
^^^
No i am on TATA :P

And Night Unlimited i.e 9-9 Free ;)

I feel like i hav heard ur name somewhere...

Is it TE/Thinkdigit ? :P

tirthakrit
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Nope. :P
Whats your username in warez-bb ? You can PM me yours.
How much is the monthly rental for TATA and also tell me which plan are u using ?

lukee
11-06-2007, 02:03 AM
i always use ddl2.com for my software. it get thousands of results linking to warez forums......and always the newest version :) but for HDDVD's, psp games and movies, i rely on my 4 torrent sites.

sickest
11-06-2007, 04:50 AM
the only thing better than rapidshare is newsgroups and DC++. and thats the truth. if anyone says anything else different, u should see my DVD/TV collection.

and if u cant find something on rapidshare, then your not looking in the right place. EVERYTHING is posted on RS, cuz people are always trying to extend their account for free by uploading all the new stuff right away.

but why stop using torrents? if u cant find something on rapidshare then just search torrents. its better to have a couple different places to look. i always search newsgroups first, then RS, then torrents. and i pretty much get everything im looking for.

xtcstylx
11-09-2007, 12:41 AM
whats the limit you can download for a free user?

sp0ngeb0b
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
whats the limit you can download for a free user?

I'd guess that it's not over 800-1000MB. You are forced to wait several hours after downloading a 100MB file.

tdigi
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
I use rapidshare all the time.. It works awesome with Rapget and if you want to maximize the bandwidth then use Flashget :)

raj3186
11-18-2007, 07:04 AM
speed and no ratio system, sad part is that its a bit expensive :P

dave12
11-18-2007, 09:52 AM
RS is surely better than bt but bt is not only about downloading its more of a community at least for me though. I generally download what i like it can be from bt or from RS too. YEAH bt is free and for RS u have to pay

TP635
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I use rapidshare all the time.. It works awesome with Rapget and if you want to maximize the bandwidth then use Flashget :)

does Rapget workfor free user?

TP635
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
edit: dup post

MrVictorRivers
11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
where do you go to get music selection like oink/what using rs?

AmpeD
11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
that why I switched to BT, the music is not as organized and its tough to find properly tagged stuff and good quality

Saroman
11-19-2007, 11:41 AM

warez-bb, projectw, forumw

all of these have decent amount of music... and if u search properly and choose proper links..you get perfectly tagged stuff...

I am perfectly satisfied with music on RS :)

r77
11-21-2007, 09:58 AM
is it possible to download more than 25GB/5 days from 1 IP if i use multiple accts?

Saroman
11-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes... I am doing the same thing :P

Because i end up using it in 3 days ;)

sleepyy
11-22-2007, 02:26 AM
So where do you find the files on rapidshare i thought it's like yousendit.com you just upload your stuff and send it to a friend it seems i have stubled accross something i do not understand clearly.

Why would i pay for a rapid share account when i can't search for files on there? newsgroups have this function no? i don't use them either but this is from what i remember reading if i'm correct

It states for prem user

Download-LimitNo limits!¹

RapidShare reserves the right to close accounts, which are shared with other people.
You may download 25 GB within five days. This means in other words that you can download 5 GB every day. You can also "burst" and download 15 GB today and 10 GB tomorrow, but this means that you will not be able to download anything the following three days because we check how much you have downloaded in the last five days. 25 GB = 25.000.000.000 Bytes.
² Your uploaded files will be deleted if your account is deleted. However, there is a storage limit of 20 GB (20.000.000.000 bytes) for premium accounts. In case you exceed this amount for longer than 48 hours, your account will automatically be converted to a Storage XXL account. Files being not downloaded longer than 90 days will then automatically be deleted.

Is this not a contradiction?

now im quite confused after reading half this thread

$SnoopDo2G$
11-22-2007, 03:10 AM
1*So where do you find the files on rapidshare....

It states for prem user
RapidShare reserves......................
2*Is this not a contradiction?

1.On Forums like tehparadox.com , search engines specialized in RS Links like megadownload.net
2. Yeah it looks a bit contradictive but they used to have people really abusing that unlimited download stuff...
so yeah it's normal they changed the rules to protect themselves and spend less money on bandwith...

Anyway RS is still a very good and reliable source for gettin' stuff...

sleepyy
11-22-2007, 04:25 PM
1*So where do you find the files on rapidshare....

It states for prem user
RapidShare reserves......................
2*Is this not a contradiction?

1.On Forums like tehparadox.com , search engines specialized in RS Links like megadownload.net
2. Yeah it looks a bit contradictive but they used to have people really abusing that unlimited download stuff...
so yeah it's normal they changed the rules to protect themselves and spend less money on bandwith...

Anyway RS is still a very good and reliable source for gettin' stuff...

Thanks i will look into it i have not registered anywhere yet i just want to do a little research as this sounds to good to be true to not keep ratios and such

phoenixoflames
12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
that why I switched to BT, the music is not as organized and its tough to find properly tagged stuff and good quality

+1

Papps78
12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I prefer torrents..

azteca
12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
i just get a premium account but warez-bb its closed for registrations right now, anyone know another site to get rs links?

tirthakrit
12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Use projectw.org , forumw.org sites.

lamonkey
12-07-2007, 07:58 PM
How is their delete policy in practice? Does "illegal content" get deleted quick?

Sonnentier
12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
How is their delete policy in practice? Does "illegal content" get deleted quick?
Yes, but only once it gets reported by rightholders.

snowultra
12-08-2007, 03:13 AM
ya, forum w is a good site

wrongun92
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks, I did not know that RS was so good. Actually, I was wary of viruses :)
The forums listed seem to be helpful as well. The only problem is I need to play for premium account :)

Saroman
12-12-2007, 07:28 PM
well although no-one should pay for filesharing but RS is totally worth its charge..

wrongun92
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Saroman Bhai, is there desi content as well on rs? ;)

virtus134
12-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Hm. I think all of you are wrong.

For music something like Waffles.fm completely blows rapidshare out of the water.

E-books- Bitme wins.

Games- BCG > RS

As for movies, applications though rapidshare wins because of its variety and speeds. It's just expensive, and I don't want to upload and post my files just to get 10,000 points

tibob
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Only thing i can think of is no ratio and seeding...
thats exacly the though i had,
but also its not as organised,( well i find)

sumvell
12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
rapidshare is definitely the best file hosting server that there is.

Saroman
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Saroman Bhai, is there desi content as well on rs? ;)

yeah there are 10-15 threads totally dedicated to bollywood movies..and some others are to music and etc...

Recently all the new movies are released there ;)

wrongun92
12-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Alright thanks, Appreciate it

lsw0794
01-20-2008, 02:15 AM
very good site

waeldiab
01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
No Need to seed

-fantom-
01-23-2008, 11:47 AM
the only bad thing about Rapidshare is it's terrible for lossless music

lsw0794
01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
yes,bt's Defects is it's seed
NG and RS is better than it

Giveaway
01-23-2008, 02:29 PM
i'd be glad to get an RS account, but i cant afford spending a lot of money :(

pimfram
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
fast, cheap (or free), reliable, easy.

Dark Archon
02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
i like RS, no ratio system :D

ghost716
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
no seeding
maxes out your dl speed
ALL content is fast, so older stuff you dont have to worry about seeds or anything cuz its all off a gigabit server. w00tz0r

Dark Archon
02-17-2008, 06:07 AM
i'd be glad to get an RS account, but i cant afford spending a lot of money :(

i might be able to get you one :happy:

Diiyad
02-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Unlimited leeching if you stay under 25GB / 5 days. Fast speeds on all of your downloads.